WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 08/22/07)

Some of you idiots are going way over the top with this. Look at the new ball physics, tonnes of new animations, look at how players burst into space after passing (new AI)

thanks, finally some good players, watching now.

Anyway thanks to WENB for their great effort in bringing GC on our monitors...

thank you guys.
:applause:

Some of you idiots are going way over the top with this. Look at the new ball physics, tonnes of new animations, look at how players burst into space after passing (new AI)

Minor improvement as we can see.
I really hope I'm wrong.
Be quiet.

I havent seen any new animations!

Adam says it feels a lot like the 360 version last year, is that a bad thing?

Me neither nor physics. And they clearly say in the video "it feels very much like last years 360 version " and they all agree.

adam also says that you can tell its an early beta because of the ball?

i thought they said it was 75% complete?

there will be guys who will excuse all the bad points with its a beta even one week before release.

the gameplay we see = the final gameplay

Gonna buy this anyway, already have it preordered in fact. But I'm not really impressed to be honest.

The gameplay won't be any different. It's too late to change that now.

The thing that worries me the most is that the cutback cheap gols seem to be there. Brasil keep doing that, going down the wing, make a quick turn and a chip ball in to kick. He just missed it eventually, but the defense seems always to be too late.

The demo version shown at Liepzeig is 75& complete.

This just means this is the final gameplay, but it's not including the other teams, stadia, modes, licenced boots/balls.

So is there any news from the conference? Or just the wii edition stuff?

Me neither nor physics. And they clearly say in the video "it feels very much like last years 360 version " and they all agree.

Oh no, i've never bought pes 6 for xbox 360 because the gameplay from the ps2 version was so much better...

Apparently they showed the box arts and everything, but either no one bothered to record it or they've just not uploaded them yet.

In light of the revealing of the WENB teams identities, I think we should look back at this MSPaint I did of them before I had any inkling of what they looked like.

wenbbl2.png

It's a bit eerie if you ask me.

Suff's the smooth fonze that I knew he was, which makes me happy.

Hmm mixed opinions myself there is changes clearly but overall its not a big leap gameplay wise from PES6 which is disappointing.

Viewing that intro video looks superb but yet to see any of tricks used in gameplay still got few more to watch mind.

Oh and WENB doing awesome job. :applause:

The demo version shown at Liepzeig is 75& complete.

This just means this is the final gameplay, but it's not including the other teams, stadia, modes, licenced boots/balls.

yep, one month to go gold, thats some kits to do, transfers some stats, and a lot of beta testing to find some bug.

Me, as PC user, im not that dissapointed. But if i would have to pay 60€ instead 30€, probably would think twice.

Im not fanboy, never was. So I hope Ea make a good Fifa, so we can choose. So both Fifa and Konami will have to improve, so we costumers will win.

Agree, fifa this year starts looking like a possible alternative after 6-7 years of pes absolute superiority.

Btw did they show some in game fifa footage or peter moore hasn't finished moving into his new house?

Charlievolano, check the FIFA 08 thread in "other games discussion" for in-game footage from Leipzig.

Must admit that fifa vid looks jaw dropping especially the skills, however the gameplay still looks crap

ill probably buy both this year. even though fifa still doesnt look good in the gameplay apartment its always nice to play the season mode or whatever its going to be called this time around

the skills vid though is crap imo as its way too arcadey, im sure they never watch ronaldinho in actual matches and only watch him in training etc so they think cool i bet he does them skills in matches too

http://www.winningelevenblog.com/

They recorded the whole conference, video coming soon!

"We got out of the Konami Conference earlier today and there were a few new things shown/announced.

First off they confirmed the Wii version is in development, although no pics or release date were shown or announced respectively. One thing they did show was the pack shot of the German version. Nothing special really, reminds me of the PES4 cover in a way. You'll understand when you see it.

When will that be you ask? When we manage to upload the whole conference! Yep, we recorded it all!

Stay tuned

WENB"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom