WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 08/22/07)

I have to give my impressions upon watching the gameplay(Almost a good 2 min of it to see EXACTLY whats going on)

The video is VERY informative.

the gameplay looks the same but more or less more next gen a few new animations etc. the running doesnot look at all improved i would have thought they fix the strides kinda still looks silly and very PS2ish.

other than that a minor improvement over the 360 build.

Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 08/18/07)

To quote myself: :)

I'm expecting videos to show up. And idiots will be playing the game. Another shall record it. And they shall play on 3*. And they shall play like crap. And people will blame the game. And some of us will be acused of being fanboys for saying it ain't so.

Yada, yada, yada, bring on October. :)

Don't be offended, what I mean is, the better animations and flow of the game will be revealed to you when you play it yourself. Or NOT, but at this stage it's too early to start telling everyone how bad the game is. If it's missing features then sure but right now you've just seen some PES2008 noobies fumbling about excitedly!:)

Gotcha, i was sorta kidding you know ;) .I'm not telling that the game is crap because if it was I would never plan on buying it.What I'm saying is that I really really hate some of the passing animations of PES (specially the toepoke crap).Of course that in the video noobs are playing (it's so obvious :mrgreen:) but I really love this game so much that I don't wanna end up dissapointed.I made a mistake by judging the game too quickly and I'm sorry but these ****** animations makes me sick .I better be seeing these animations with my eyes on my tv in order to make a full judgement .
Peace

@ BlackSheep:You're right that too much optimism is not good for this game because of the risk of dissapointement .

I think my pc is going retard after all the times I hit refresh(f5) for new videos :D..

The only thing I wanna see TODAY is a good game NOT PLAYED BY NOOBS who don't know sh*t about how to play.

Hope winningelevenblog will give us good impressions of the game.

@ BlackSheep:You're right that too much optimism is not good for this game because of the risk of dissapointement .

I find myself doing it all the time.... and i worked in the games industry for 10 years.

It may sound sad, but i'm really looking forward to "SSFT2T:HDR", but i'm expecting a full on multiplayer tourny battles this time round. I will be let down, so I'll try to just enjoy the game instead of getting worked up about the things I expect to be in the new versions of game.

PES is the same, if I believe the next gen PR, it'll have as much detail as my imagination can take. Back in the real world it'll be building on the last game, personally I'm just glad for proper widescreen (not got a 360, just ps3).

Whoa! I liked the videos, very much. The animations and the facial expressions are superb! \o/

I find myself doing it all the time.... and i worked in the games industry for 10 years.

It may sound sad, but i'm really looking forward to "SSFT2T:HDR", but i'm expecting a full on multiplayer tourny battles this time round. I will be let down, so I'll try to just enjoy the game instead of getting worked up about the things I expect to be in the new versions of game.

PES is the same, if I believe the next gen PR, it'll have as much detail as my imagination can take. Back in the real world it'll be building on the last game, personally I'm just glad for proper widescreen (not got a 360, just ps3).
I'll read very carefully all of your post from now on then :mrgreen:

Wonder if the WENB team were allowed to record the Konami PES 2008 press-conference?

Hope we get a vid of it like we did with the FIFA 08 conference!

What i would like to see is manual passing. Will it be 360, or 8 way like PES6. Also a little less sensitive would be good. In Pes6 L1+manual, was too strong too fast.

there are no new vids on wenb what so ever

Jeet christ calm it.

We haven't put money into the site, we haven't aided it in anyway. It's a bunch of people who are spending their own time and money for our benefit. Also I'd rather have them scouring about for new information as opposed to spending hours uploading every vid that comes up.

all our faith in the lord almighty a-wimbo wenba

Last edited:

Jeet christ calm it.

We haven't put money into the site, we haven't aided it in anyway. It's a bunch of people who are spending their own time and money for our benefit. Also I'd rather have them scouring about for new information as opposed to spending hours uploading every vid that comes up.

all our faith in the lord almighty a wimbo-wenba

lol

My impression on the videos is...Meh, ok.

The game does look very similar to PES6. I am liking the grass textures and nets/goals ofcourse. However, the gameplay from what I've seen leaves a lot to be desired. The jury is still out on this one though since I haven't played it myself.

I am a bit dissapointed with the outside of the foot passing though, it is way overdone and doesn't look to good. The long balls as someone here mentioned are also lacking power. The shooting animation from the Tevez goal did look very nice.

Everything else gameplay wise just looks the same to me. Hope I'm proved wrong.

We shall see what the boys over at the WE-Blog say after playing it themselves.

To be honest if anything i just hope the game itself plays beter with the pad in hand. I dont understand why the ps3 versoin seems to be behind in development I thought Konami built the game for ps3 in the first place. Secondly the graphics do like slightly improved but the running/dribbling looks more like FIFA to me. Are Konami going backwards?

The game does look very similar to PES6. I am liking the grass textures and nets/goals ofcourse. However, the gameplay from what I've seen leaves a lot to be desired. The jury is still out on this one though since I haven't played it myself.

I am a bit dissapointed with the outside of the foot passing though, it is way overdone and doesn't look to good. The long balls as someone here mentioned are also lacking power. The shooting animation from the Tevez goal did look very nice.

Maybe as for PES5 and PES6 if you push R2 during the cross? ;)

So the conference must be over by now, where do we find a video of it?

Someone here uploaded the FIFA 08 conference to RapidShare, don't know where they got the footage from though.

Just what I was thinking

Maybe as for PES5 and PES6 if you push R2 during the cross? ;)

Good point. As far as graphics is concerned, it doesn't surprise me one bit. NOKAMI will stick with this graphics engine for years to come I'm afraid. Which I can live with since I had no complaints about the PES6 graphics to begin with. However after seeing the same graphics over and over, they do tend to get very ugly after a while.

The last time I was blown by Winning Eleven graphics was with WE6. I'll never forget how impressed I was with the graphics and how much I enjoyed the game. I still have that game and play it everyone once in a while just for good old time sakes.

With this new PES2008 version, I'm sure the gameplay has been "tweaked", but it will only be that, a tweak. Nothing else.

Last edited:

All I know so far about the conference is the Wii version was announced and they showed the box covers.

Haven't seen any media from it yet though :(

I'm afraid gameplay will be substantially the same of PES6.
If these feelings will be confirmed I think Konami hasnt done a good job.

All fans ask more control and passes and shots seems to be as they were in PES6.

I'm disappointed.

Last edited:

I think seabass team needs some real competiton in the soccer gaming market. They need to move their asses a little bit more.

I am so fucking dissapointed in the game because.... THERE WAS NO FUCKING WHISTLE. I couldnt see it anywhere on the ref. I am not going to buy a PES game ever again.
:)

You know what we need to be able to do. The best gameplay feature would be to tackle the referee and steal his whistle.

I miss my whistle. I wonder if you can change the colour of the whistle and if different refs make different whistling noises?

:shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom