WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 08/22/07)

The PS3 version looks really bad, players move like jerky fifa monkeys.

360 looks pretty decent but nothing really to be to excited about.

The PS3 version looks really bad, players move like jerky fifa monkeys.

360 looks pretty decent but nothing really to be to excited about.

You can tell a difference in player movement between the two consoles? because i sure as hell cant.

This is not looking good..As pes2006 with little improvement.

You can tell a difference in player movement between the two consoles? because i sure as hell cant.

I think i can, but then again i might be wrong. Wait for podcast fellow who played it even if they are playstation biased. I own none fo the two as i wait for some more significant price drop

I love it how when you receive a pass, the passer will instantly bomb it into space for you, no need for that FIFA run button now :D

I noticed that in the Argentina x Portugal game. Besides that, the only things I really liked were the grass, long replays and the punch from Ricardo after the Messi FK, he punched the ball outside the box, that would never happen before.

Edit: something that bothered me, again, Portugal going out because of a dodgy Penalty decision... :)

Last edited:

The more I see the more I'm dissapointed, there really isn't much of an upgrade from PES6

yes was the same @wejlcc07 ... you watched the vids and thought thats pes6, i think you have to play it to see/feel the difference

of course not huge difference in gameplay

The more I hear knee-jerk reactions from people who haven't played the game the more I think how miserable life must be for these people.

It's like they are replaying that season where Swindon conceded 100 goals over and over in their minds, waiting to be negative, waiting to be disappointed on the way to the crematorium.

sigh

is Ronaldinho in the game ;)

i'm awaiting news on online, i want 2vs2 from 2 xboxs at least! would be even better if we could do it from 4 different consoles though

The more I hear knee-jerk reactions from people who haven't played the game the more I think how miserable life must be for these people.

It's like they are replaying that season where Swindon conceded 100 goals over and over in their minds, waiting to be negative, waiting to be disappointed on the way to the crematorium.

sigh

:applause:

sigh

That's a bit harsh don't you think?Having those reactions for me is perfectly understandable because love this game and are dreaming of some huge next-gen step forward.So far it doesn't look like it all ,it doesn't mean my life is miserable or something :mrgreen: .As far as I'm concerned I wanted something completely new in terms of animations (passing,shooting,trapping) and from what I saw it doesn't reach my level of expectation that's all.
Don't take too personnaly when are highly critical of the game even if they haven't played it yet.I feel really offended by your words :( .

sigh

Either that or they just think the gameplay looks like PES6. From the videos, you can't say that's a knee-jerk reaction - the gameplay genuinely looks like PES6.

For me PES2008 looks very close to PES6 BUT it's ok for me cause I LOVE this game.
Ball physics looks much more better !!
The players at Leipzig are PES6 players so they play PES2008 with PES6 skills, so you can't see any difference !!
When I played PES6 after PES5 it was the same during 2-3 days but after that I noticed lot of improvments.
Sorry but all the guys I played online who critisised PES6 were all noobs.
Excellent players know how to play with an excellent game ;)

After watching the Vids this game still looks the same as PES6, now this could all change when pad is in hand, the nets and pitch are the 'new' things I have noticed. What is up with Kaka's running?

Having those reactions for me is perfectly understandable because love this game and are dreaming of some huge next-gen step forward.

But why are people dreaming about a huge step forward?

You will only be let down and blame Konami for not living up to your own expectations of the game.

That's a bit harsh don't you think?Having those reactions for me is perfectly understandable because love this game and are dreaming of some huge next-gen step forward.So far it doesn't look like it all ,it doesn't mean my life is miserable or something :mrgreen: .As far as I'm concerned I wanted something completely new in terms of animations (passing,shooting,trapping) and from what I saw it doesn't reach my level of expectation that's all.
Don't take too personnaly when are highly critical of the game even if they haven't played it yet.I feel really offended by your words :( .

Don't be offended, what I mean is, the better animations and flow of the game will be revealed to you when you play it yourself. Or NOT, but at this stage it's too early to start telling everyone how bad the game is. If it's missing features then sure but right now you've just seen some PES2008 noobies fumbling about excitedly!:)

And at the end of the day, how much can the game change without a completely new control system, its still association football?

Last edited:

Is it just me, or are all the players in the vids so far pretty crap? Seems put them at the joy pad of any footy game and they would make it look and play shit.
Lets see the vids from the WENB boys. as at least we can be sure they are of a good enough skill to actually play the game.

so has the press conference started then?

do you remember when winning eleven 5 release on PS2 (the gameplay - graphics - etc) all people start complaining but after that they play the game and love it.
PES 2008 the same think .. just wait and give konami chance then you will see PES 2012 will be something like dream ^_^

do you remember when winning eleven 5 release on PS2 (the gameplay - graphics - etc) all people start complaining but after that they play the game and love it.
PES 2008 the same think .. just wait and give konami chance then you will see PES 2012 will be something like dream ^_^

Totally agree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom