WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 08/22/07)

54cklj4.jpg

4qh6ka1.jpg

6cph5qp.jpg

i dont think we need too much explanation about gameplay, it feels the same that PES6. I hoped it was more like PES5, slower, with better passing sistem...

PD: so no PC videos?? i hope its the same game as Konami said

Last edited:

the kit selection looks sweet!!!, but i've bin watching the videos a view times but is it just me or are they running a bit weird???

Presentation has definitely improved, front-end looks miles and miles better. And that intro movie that WENB filmed looks amazing as well. Just a shame that the gameplay looks exactly the same.

If it was EA doing it then this forum would be pissing themselves over how "gay" they are, but because it's Konami it "looks amazing".

I hope there's some little reviews soon from WENB, I want to hear if the passing or the shooting is any better.

i knew i wasn't crazy :P

i wanna see some 30 yard shots on goal & some nice saves from the goalie.
Gdamn the goals i've seen so far are just way to easy :D

okay that Tevez goal (the first) was pretty nice ..the ball bounced with a good speed into the goal.

weird or different?
Weird.

Like, running on ice wearing banana-skins on your feet weird.

What on earth are people actually expecting?
A big improvement? Manual shooting, manual passing (might be in but I'll wait to hear it from WENB's mouth first), better tackling, more competitions, more teams...

And to answer your question below (so I don't have to make another post and look even more like a hater), the feet slipping is all the way through the first gameplay video posted on here today. It's as if the running animation is 1.5x as fast as it's supposed to be, and so they're doing too many steps. As if they're trying to keep their balance on a slippery surface.

I'm saying nothing else because people will think I'm a troll but I'm bitterly disappointed with what they've shown so far. Some reviewers were saying the flow had to be "seen to be believed", and to me, it looks no different from last year. I want the game to be great but in my opinion it's now officially past its day. I have no problem with the guys who love it though, so I will shut up and leave you all to it.

Last edited:

Ive a feeling WENB are getting the most out of their time and there will be alot of uploads this evening :)

Hopefully some big announcements at the presentation at 4

Like, running on ice wearing banana-skins on your feet weird.

I cant see any feet slipping, can you point out a specific bit where you can see sliding in the ARG-POR game?

It looks like to me there is less sliding and auto stretch animations!! maybe thats whats weird??

A big improvement? Manual shooting, manual passing (might be in but I'll wait to hear it from WENB's mouth first), better tackling, more competitions, more teams...

Well two crap players arent gonna show a pro (manual shot and pass) much are they! You wont see competitions and teams from a demo like this. Maybe we'll get some good player videos later??

Last edited:

only an hour to go, anyone know where we can get a text feed or something?

1 its 3 o clock in germany an POLAND!!!;]

but...can we see the presentation in tv?? or only it is for the press??

in holland its now 3 o clock ;) so..

but I just watched that turkey brazil game again and..
I THINK THE LAD PLAYING WITH BRAZIL WASN'T THAT HAPPY AFTER THE THIRD GOAL.

just skipped the replay of a 'beautiful goal' :P

nice one bbc.alster

did anyone notice at 5.50 of the vid when the ball goes outside the player pulls up his socks now thats next gen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom