WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 08/22/07)

Just recorded a match of arg-por on pes6 on the 360 (i have too much time atm) and there is hardly any difference when viewing them. Although i have to say that when i was running on the wing the speed seemed fine, but when you look at it back on the pc video it looks far to fast. So that should hopefully mean it looks less bad live then on video. Although the steps taken do look a little smaller in 08.

The collisions and close encounters look a bit more fluid in 08 then 6 when watching them side by side on screen. Also the nets are thicker/whiter in 08. The pitch is better in 6 atm as it has normal shading, instead of those stupid dark patches. Players look the same really.

hey, i can't see the vid! the site goes up but i see nothing? any uploads mirrors?

OK here's my take.

I'll start with the bad points.

Seems very similar to PES6
Seemed very hectic at times
The sprinting animation looks poor.
Still not enough forward attacking runs by your players
Long passes still seem to always go to a defenders head and not into space
The black screens between throw ins and free kicks are still there.

The good points.

Still looks like it plays a good multiplayer game of football.
Graphics and animations are improved, not enough but improved
Those goal nets are absolutely beautiful.
Love the revamped front end about time and well done Konami
Seems very smooth and more acceptable as a next gen effort.

I totally agree on every single point

It's funny how players look really small

I cant get on to the turkey v brazil game, can anyone upload ?!?!?!?!

Live from GC

Google translation:

Live of the office KONAMI press conference:

- PES2008 Cover is revealed.

- Schlaudraff: “I am inspired PES player and the new version is the best one, it ever gave.”

- As Testimonial for PES 2008 Schlaudraff (FC Bavaria Munich) functions, according to Konami a hard core PES fan in Germany January.

- It is again mentioned that the PS3-Version on the Games Convention celebrates its world premiere.

- New feature: Team vision. It acts AI, which adapts to the own play behavior.

- Konami speaks about the past success of the series.

- Pro evolution Soccer 2008 is shown.

- PES 2008 will appear also for mobile telephones.

this is basicaly what is said here: http://www.consolewars.de/news/newsd....php?idx=17662 about pes 2008

Shit ,long balls and clearances look very crap .There is not enough distance covered by the ball.They're way too weak :(

Clear signs of cpu cheats in the vid too, with the cpu taking control of the player's guy, scripted ball deflections, same old...same old...

Still 10-yard rule at thrown-ins :lol:

So much they could have done. The only differences are the nets look better and there are linesmen.

Well done to Konami for managing to port PES6 to PS3. A big achievement.

just been on the cvg.co.uk website and read about the 5 vs 5 online be a pro mode, but in the comments section someone posted "in other news PES2008 next gen is still only 1 vs 1 online" :(

has anyone else heard this or can i take it as bullshit?

also it's worrying to see that Ronaldinhio isn't in the Brazil team, have EA pulled a fast one and not allowed Konami to use him? think i read someone saw him in one of the vids, can someone confirm? i definitely saw him in one of the screenshots released ages ago

cheers

Clear signs of cpu cheats in the vid too, with the cpu taking control of the player's guy, scripted ball deflections, same old...same old...

Still 10-yard rule at thrown-ins :lol:

So much they could have done. The only differences are the nets look better and there are linesmen.

Well done to Konami for managing to port PES6 to PS3. A big achievement.

Don't forget the ref has a whistle this time :mrgreen:

I love it how when you receive a pass, the passer will instantly bomb it into space for you, no need for that FIFA run button now :D

No has heard anything about online details.

Now we need... Spain vs France (with Spain faces), pause menu with the bench, manual passings, and maybe some nutmegs.

demo in marketplace or psn?? nothing

PRESS RELEASE: Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH to bring best-selling Pro Evolution Soccer series to Wii

Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH has announced it will be bringing its multi-million-selling Pro Evolution Soccer (PES) series to Nintendo Wii™, with a bespoke version of the game being developed for the system for release in 2008.

Scheduled for a Q1 launch, the Wii version of PES will offer the same level of realism that has established the series as the definitive football title, but has been undergone a radical rethink to make the most of the Wii’s motion-sensitive control system. The game will make full use of the Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers, offering total control over every aspect of the players and their movements both on and off the ball. The clever use of the Wii controllers will allow users to send players running into space, and to distribute the ball with ease.

“We are extremely keen to introduce PES to as wide a selection of football fans as possible, and the Wii and its unique abilities are a perfect fit,” commented Jon Murphy, Pro Evolution Soccer Team Leader for Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH. “The potential for PES on the format is enormous, and we look forward to a very exciting start to 2008.”

I also wanna see different stadiums !! DOH !
and a decent game.. with good passing and crossing and shooting and various types of goalscoring opportunities.

the videos I've seen so far were pretty boring:P I WANNA SEE ACTION ACTION ACTION!

-------FROM KONAMI PRESS CONFERENCE--------

Konami has officially announced that LAG will be officially licensed in all his on line tournaments.

in the portugal argentina video. right near the begining where some one shoots it looks so shit. he doesnt even adjust his body. just looks like pes6 on 360

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom