WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 08/22/07)

On a serious note I was quite impressed by the videos. The game looks good. Animations were solid, grass was fine, players pulled up their socks and the main menu was very nice. The goal nets were very good as well. Just as ThomasGOAL had said.

Were we not told TIME AND TIME AGAIN that "in motion" all our fears will be gone, by contacts by WENB (no blame to them they just heard it) by Konami, goes to show that contacts simply talk shit

Will the whistles be licenced?

I bloody well hope so! Or its FIFA 08 for me. Oh no wait this is one gimmick FIFA havent copied! :applause::lmao:\\:o/

I am so fucking dissapointed in the game because.... THERE WAS NO FUCKING WHISTLE. I couldnt see it anywhere on the ref. I am not going to buy a PES game ever again.
:)

Actually the ref does use a whistle if you check all the videos carefully ;)

Screenshot please. I beg you. Screenshot.

So 18 months in development, the PS3 being main version and what we get is this??????

I say "meh". Maybe "meeehhhhh". But i am happy to see that the fanboys are happy with the tweaks. After all nets, whistle and untucked shirts are what football is mainly about.

Jesus looking around a few forums people are really pissed off at pes2008, me im sort of holding my opinion for a while

so, seen few vids and i have to say i am litlle bit said. is it only me or someone alse things that the gameplay is quite same as ps2 versions and the whorse things i have seen in vids is, that the players are moving still in 8 directions only. if this is true, i am really disapointed. sorry for my English

I hope "skill-move" by FIFA08 will be a nice and successful improvement, and I hope FIFA08 (I never considered FIFA in my life) seriously breaks PES2008 sells, so Konami finally can understand what mean making innovation.

not impressed with pes2008 at all fifa08 has better animation this year and graphics pes has been the same core gamplay for to long now

WENB are serving up some comedy

I think it would be fair to say that a fair few people are suffering from ants in their pants.

People were expecting a visual leap like we had with PS1 to PS2. However the jump between PS2 to PS3 is mainly about HD, something that a lot of people aren't fully familiar with and something that is hardly noticeable in the videos we've seen thus far.

One thing I'd like to note is that the game looks like one smooth dude.

I make a point of now buying into the hype as most of it tends to be made up and if the game doesn't blow feces out of my rectum then I will be disappointed.

Also watching videos of people playing it is annoying as I wan't to play it. ME. STOP PLAYING CRAP AND LOSING TO TURKEY 3:0 WITH BRAZIL YOU DILDOID LET ME PLAY IT.

I think that's the general consensus right now.

Last edited:

This is our game
WE6
winningeleven_01302003-18.jpg

WE9
world-soccer-winning-eleven-9-international-20050901080459469.jpg

PES2008
6b0dq1z.jpg
[/QUOTE]

The game will always look like this it might get slightly better and sharper graphics over time but it will always look like this.

The game when you play it will never look like this etc.
proevolutionsoccer611501281239.jpg

Ppl have been over hyping game shots that have clearly been rendered or from the Intro vid etc. Taken from camera angles that are clearly unplayable zoomed to the max.

Now the gameplay videos are out everyone is bitching of course it was going to look like PES 6 on the Xbox 360.
The game looks fine and in 2 years time we will have the proper next gen version but its still going to look very similar to the game we all love to play but again be slightly sharper and have wonderful graphics.

And don't even start to bitch at WENB or you will have a whole forum of ass kicking come down on you.

Game looks fine for the first version on the PS3.
Just wait until you see PES 2010, like PES3 the changes will be fantastic but until then try to enjoy.

Last edited:

I hope "skill-move" by FIFA08 will be a nice and successful improvement, and I hope FIFA08 (I never considered FIFA in my life) seriously breaks PES2008 sells, so Konami finally can understand what mean making innovation.

As far as I know, Fifa always outsells PES...

As far as I know, Fifa always outsells PES...

until PES gets the EPL license that trend will continue but PES does sell more and more each year.

OOh im excited, at last some talented evo players are going to play the game :)

well, I know its still early and am still reserving final judgment until i get a hands on, but from the early vids of pes2008 and fifa08 ( ea conference) I must say that fifa08 has the edge so far in the first impressions stakes!
That is strange for me as I have always poured scorn on fifa but well now it could well be the year.......

Anyway the proof is in the pudding of hands on, but in the meantime, the valued opinions of the WENB hands on will be good enough to help form my opinions.

I will get my hans on pes6.5 on friday. right now I am dissapointed and I dont think that it will play different than pes6

my bad

Last edited:

Football fanboys: never ur team fault, it is always the ref, the weather, the linemen, bad luck etc.

Pes FanBoy: bad footage from mobile, poor players, just 3 level stars etc.

The fundamentals of the game are unchanged: same passing, same scripted deflections same 8 direction movement. Same games with greener grass and nice nets

And use that money to "steal" more licenses and secure more exclusive deals? Hope the fuck not.

Com'on, Konami ask us a lot of euros/pounds every year with the same game... they spend 1 week per year to update the game...
At least EA try to improve fifa's gameplay...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom