WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 08/22/07)

Here is the first pic ive seen at leipzig of the menu screen ingame :)

63j1ppl.jpg

when will someone make a substitution?!

This is our game

The game will always look like this it might get slightly better and sharper graphics over time but it will always look like this.

The game when you play it will never look like this etc.

Ppl have been over hyping game shots that have clearly been rendered or from the Intro vid etc. Taken from camera angles that are clearly unplayable zoomed to the max.

Now the gameplay videos are out everyone is bitching of course it was going to look like PES 6 on the Xbox 360.
The game looks fine and in 2 years time we will have the proper next gen version but its still going to look very similar to the game we all love to play but again be slightly sharper and have wonderful graphics.

And don't even start to bitch at WENB or you will have a whole forum of ass kicking come down on you.

Game looks fine for the first version on the PS3.
Just wait until you see PES 2010, like PES3 the changes will be fantastic but until then try to enjoy.

alirght embrace, time for you to start a "told you so, nnanananananananaan"

thread.. goddamn you, you were right

Didn't Sony n Konami have some kind of involvement together or was it only for the Japanese release?

release date ?
release date ?
release date ?
release date ?
release date ?

playing fight night round 3 on the ps2 for agression management
because i need new videos..MORE MORE MORE (A)

playing fight night round 3 on the ps2 for agression management
because i need new videos..MORE MORE MORE (A)

:lol:

The best game to play when you're angry is Burnout Revenge.

FIFA, EA and PS3 get together and hump one another. They're going to be presenting partners for the FIFA Interactive World Cup, which is the thing Microsoft used to do before Sony had a PS3.

another critical hit. I was prepared to spend a lot of money to buy PS3 and PES 2008 just because I like PES. but after all hype I am really pis*ed off. the videos are in bad quality, bud movements, physics I ve seen wont be better in HD and it was really bad. few new animation /if any/, PS2 engine in HD like x360 version last year but they have had one year not couple of month.
gemaplay will be same as ps2 versions.
did someone OFFICIALY confirmed, that movement is not only in 8 directions like on PS2?like I ve said before, all the vids looks like there are only 8 directions to move, so you can play it with PSX controller. such a shame

Held of my opinion until i saw a good few videos, and before the fanboys jump on me like a pack of hungry wolves, im basing this on what i see.

i was one hell of a pes fanboy, so much so that i done what alot of people done, got winning eleven, then patched it to hell coz i couldnt wait for pes. and for years it was great, but i started to see an alarming trend, which were seeing now, more than ever, and that is, between games konami dont listen to people who matter, nor do they actually really do much work.

from watching these videos, to me this looks like pro evo 6.1, not pro evo 2008.

everything looks so eerily similar, which to me is bad, as im sure like alot of people i was crying out for alot of things to be specifically changed. but from the vids, none of it really has been. it looks so much like pro evo 6, but with the odd little touch up here and there.

as i said i was a huge fanboy, and bought into the hate fifa trend, but credit to EA, they go, and they get the licenses, they strive year after year to make mega inprovements and offer new innovations, IMHO the button to make a teammate make a run should be on every football game, its second nature. and there is nothing better playing with MAN UTD with great looking kits, rather than man red who wear some horrible shade of reddy crap.

i will no doubt buy PES 2008, as i always do, and i'll play it, but definaitly for me personally i'm really looking forward to fifa and am really excited about it, especially as once again they have strived and have today announced the 10 single people online, which is a great addition.

so i would say i have moved over to the dark side, but their isn't one the dark side is just garbage created by the fanboys who secretly couldnt handle the fact that they themselves would love to score with giggs in a real man utd kit, rather than goggs in some dark red minging crappy kit.

im really really dissapointed, i had hoped to be writing saying how great it looked and how i couldnt wait, but somehow i knew that that wasnt konamis style, its obligatory for them to take one step forward and two steps back. if only they could follow the simple steps of listening to the fans, and just implementing what they want, or at least trying to, even that would be appreciated.

Heres to fifa, and of course Pes 2008, may the best game win, give them both an unbiased play, and hopefully we'll get good football from one of them.

and to the fanboys who are about to pounce on me, well, couldnt care less really, this is a forum, and im posting my personal opinions, if you dont like them, too bad.

is that right tobi?

I only got Pes 5 and 6
en Ea Fight Night ..

because I'm waiting for PPPPPPEESSSSSS 2008 :D

but maybe I will buy that game if it really works

Believe me it works, its a great game but it gets even better when you're angry and you do a Road Rage race. :8):

The problem i have is what were you expecting.

Its PES the gameplay i bet will still feel more realistic than Fifas.
The ball will move around unpredictably like it does in real life.
The Gameplay will always look the same it just gets sharper every year.

The MasterLeague is still my only complaint and we will have to wait right up-to release time when they get exclusive full previews to see what they have done with that.

Just like some of you other guys, Pro Evo 6.1 is how I'm seeing this game at the moment.

Minor improvement as we can see.
I really hope I'm wrong.
Be quiet.
Your avitar is the game you should stick to,people have gone to great lengths to bring us info yet you still moan? you are wrong mate.the game play looks way better than before.:roll:

Last edited:

btw, i like how the WENB boys are talking during the match.
They really get frustrating if it goes wrong.

I think it was adam..

To those that regard this as 6.1....

What did you feel PES6 was to PES5?

On a scale of 5.0 to 6.0.

watching now

doesn't look that much different to the previous 360 version from a gameplay viewpoint (can't tell if the ball still hits row z each time you shoot!).

I think the problem is we were expecting more from a years development since the 360 version. Its probably there behing the scenes with noise / menus / editing / replays etc but the game still looks the same which is not a major issue but there are little things I wish they would change.

1. The back of the nets metal rods..whats that about
2. Pitch looks way too big to the players
3. Blue Running Track.
4. Goal Kicks / Throw ins..FFS how difficult are those to change....

Apart from those and a few other things (number 4 along with what I call the spin Tackle where your player goes in a spin and the sliding player gets up and takes the ball!!) are my only really angry issues... all the rest would be just nice to haves...

To those that regard this as 6.1....

What did you feel PES6 was to PES5?

On a scale of 5.0 to 6.0.

even though i dont feal that this is 6.1 (i expected it to just be slightley changed as always + the editing mode looks much better etc)

anyway i have to say pes6 wasnt even on par with pes5 lol so not sure were that goes on your scale :D

Where all those vids shown with HDTV or SDTV ?

The blue running track is from the Olympic Stadium in Berlin, it was the final for World Cup 2006.

What if in october we get pes2008 which is a tweaked pes 6 thing and then in december the japs get the kick asses version????

Is it so difficult to imagine?? Afer all they jut got the championship edition but by christmas playstation + kick ass pes should hel sell the PS3-

Still the Konami Baseball game looks much better than PES2008. Weird.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom