WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 08/22/07)

I keep rewatching the skills section of that fifa presentation and im absolutley stunned at how cool they are, i would buy fifa alone to do those skills in training

Watching the PES tricks video I'm pretty impressed.

Feel a bit sorry for the wenb guys, they really looked a bit fed up on the video. Cant blame them really. Wouldnt be surprised if they felt like they had spent more money on the trip/hdvideocamera/website then konami have spent on the whole 360 version.

Like i said earlier, i recorded an arg-por match on pes360 and held it next to the 08 match to see how they compared (equal resolution etc) and there is very little difference. And then i watched the fifa presentation a while ago and that looked soooo much better. Its actually quite sad that pes, which has been the top game for quite some time now, has gone so stale and looks more then anything like a konami cashcow. Its not showing any kind of real development and with seabass already stating that the pes360 version would be the base for the nextgen generation and that it would evolve in the same manner as we7,8,9/pes3,4,5 it doesnt bode well. Fifa are really getting close now, they were with fifa07 on the 360, UCL improved some aspects aswell, and now fifa08 looks to have taken another good step. If fifa sorts out the few gameplay issues from 07 (shooting/crossing/responsiveness) pes could be bypassed this year. Its not like they will ever get anywhere near the content fifa has (30leagues), the graphics already look miles ahead and from the video they showed players are looking better and better. That leaves gameplay and fifa has far more potential in that department aswell with the complex animation/physics engine they introduced last year. PES is still stuck with the ps2 engine by all accounts, and wont be changing that for a few years now.

And still no ML news!!!!

What PES tricks video? They released a video of just tricks?

Also, is this it or we're getting more info tomorrow? I mean info from Leipzig.

I must admit i was rather curios what the reviews will be like this year when they do the head to head fifa/pes in magazines, could be a bit different to what were used to i cant recall (except for some anomalies) when fifa outscored evo in any circumstance

There is no more presentations/announcements planned, its open for the public from now on to just play it which unfortunately means WENB wont get as much time to, on a positive note the public means hopefully a shower of vids (amateur ones) so thats something to look forward to at least :)

you all expected news about modes etc??? i have to admit i didnt ... i know the GC, you can play the games/demos there but they hardly say something important/interesting about pes

btw England 1 GERMANY 2 !!!! hahahahah (of course i know was only first half)

sry 4 offtopic

wenb should show us some fifa 08 stuff now that it turned out to be like this :D

Screw FIFA, I only get it so I can play my cousin when he comes over.

hmm maybe aki saito will tell us something new tomorrow (every day 4pm, not on saturday because of national final pes-league germany)

I am done watching PES62008 videos. I really didn't see anything that impressed me or get me out of my chair gameplay,animation and graphics wise.

I was on the verge of buying a PS3 for this game. However, I will most likely hold off until a later date when all the other great games such as MGS4, Resident Evil, Killzone, etc.. come out. Which won't be until next year. I will most likely be buying the PS2 version of PES2008 if any.

NOTICE! The above statement is subject to change after personal firsthand experience of the finished product

I feel exactly the same way, including your last statement.

I'm in fact open to buy a 360 if the ps3 lineup doesn't improve.

in one of the vids! when the goalkepper shots i goalkick! i think its the first vid that came out today
Show me witch one please, but i have a doubt

for the moment i see only 2 fake stadiums

Last edited:

SPOT ON WINSTON!

you couldnt have put it any better if you tried.

and i have just for the first time watched the fifa 08 presesntation at leipzig, and excuse my language, i nearly fuckin came in my pants!

never before have i been so excited about a game, let alone a footy game.

my main gripe with pes 6, and by the looks of it pes 2008, was the catchup, its horrendous and ruins the game. look at the fifa video, burst past a defender, or use some skill with ronaldo on the wings, like you should, like he would do in real life, then tick that defender of, hes done, onto the next one, not some turbo boosting cheating ai bastard coming back at you at 300 mph.

fifa looks class, absolute class, i cant understand why people say it looks good, but gameplay looks shite, to me it looks really good, lookswise as well as gameplay.

Thanks, mate.

And you know what, I hadn't seen the FIFA presentation until just a few minutes ago. I've watched it a couple of times now and in all honesty, I'm really excited by it. It makes PES look all the more stagnant. It would have been funny to see the PES guys have to get up and make their presentation straight after the FIFA one....FIFA - full of new ideas and innovation....PES - well, we've added new net animation and linesmen :lol:.

I may be mistaken, but watching FIFA in action now actually looks more like watching a real football match than PES. Watching PES looks like it always has...the same unnatural angular play, the same look, lumpy animations and style... it's not progressing at all.

I'd previously read about the FIFA tricks engine but thought it was just scripted gimmicks but it actually looks surprisingly cool. Crucially, the ball is not trapped in animation so you can snap out of move at any time and play the ball. Also really neat is the requirement for manual dexterity to combine different skills. Really sweet. Never been much of a skills fan but this alone should be fun to play with.

The gameplay looks genuinely very inviting. Ball physics looks pretty convincing now. Really looking forward to trying it. Great to see the AI behave in ways you'd want them too....strikers actually making runs forward into the box, rather than the opposite direction as they STILL DO IN PES2008!!! Great to see the central defenders act as a defensive partnership and keep it tight down the middle, rather than deliberately run away to leave big gaps as they STILL DO IN PES2008!!

Last edited:

Anyone think EA are chanting"your not singing anymore" to konami?

It is funny that now since PES videos has not impressed you, you are going to put your hopes on FIFA gameplay (is that really exist?)?? :lol: my advice: don't do that, you will be more disappointed than you are now with PES 2008.

The videos have not impressed me and I think that is not a big surprise. I do realise like others here that something (or a lot) is not right with the PES saga. We will have a cool game, for sure, but the feeling is the same game year after year is still there and who is better than fans of the saga to say this.

Anyway we need to play by ourselves to make a final conclusion but if the WENB guys already said they are disappointed, those are bad news.

Fifa08 looks like football in fast forward, the way the tricks are done is far too quick and quite over the top, still, it hides the jerkyness. The animation isnt that smooth, as can be seen in the orig tricks video, especially around 15seconds in, snappy snap.

If Ronaldinho was in jet black he could be in ninja gaiden 2.

Konami let you play the game.

EA whos game comes out a month before PES got a fancy presentation together and told you about the new tricks with Ronaldinhos secret Japanese ninja training. They didnt let people discover how it actually plays, or they didnt let you see videos of idiots playing the game, nor did they let indie press guys sum up the day by saying how the 360 version looks... sharper.

Many of you have now kneejerked over to Fifa already, the first impressions counted and the big EA presentation worked. Considering its only a month to fifa is in the shops, it will be off for production within a week, so, Why was Fifa08 not open for play at the conference???? why no Fifa demo now????

GC
Fifa - 4/5 weeks till in shops. EA Corporate presentation only.
PES - 8/9 weeks till in shops. Public demo.

Last edited:

interesting that fifa wasn't playable, i don't hold out any hope for that game.

Fifa08 looks like football in fast forward, the way the tricks are done is far too quick and quite over the top, still, it hides the jerkyness. If Ronaldinho was in jet black he could be in ninja gaiden 2.

The animation isnt that smooth, as can be seen in the orig tricks video, especially around 15seconds in, snappy snap.

EA whos game comes out a month before PES got a fancy presentation together and told you about the new tricks with Ronaldinhos secret Japanese job. They didnt let people discover how it actually plays, or they didnt let you see videos of idiots playing the game, nor did they let indie press guys sum up the day by saying how the 360 version looks... sharper.

Many of you have now kneejerked over to Fifa already, the first impressions counted and the big EA presentation worked. Considering its only a month to fifa is in the shops, it will be off for production within a week, so, why no Fifa demo now???? Why was Fifa08 not open for play at the conference????

GC
Fifa - 4 weeks till in shops. EA Corporate presentation only.
PES - 9 weeks till in shops. Public demo.
Well, first of all, you're not that funny that you think you are.

And EA will release a demo for Xbox 360 on August 27th, so you don't have to go all the way to Germany.

You don't like FIFA, so don't talk about that. Just talk about PES only, and the things you like about it. I'm gonna buy both games...

Fifa08 looks like football in fast forward, the way the tricks are done is far too quick and quite over the top, still, it hides the jerkyness. If Ronaldinho was in jet black he could be in ninja gaiden 2.

The animation isnt that smooth, as can be seen in the orig tricks video, especially around 15seconds in, snappy snap.

EA whos game comes out a month before PES got a fancy presentation together and told you about the new tricks with Ronaldinhos secret Japanese job. They didnt let people discover how it actually plays, or they didnt let you see videos of idiots playing the game, nor did they let indie press guys sum up the day by saying how the 360 version looks... sharper.

Many of you have now kneejerked over to Fifa already, the first impressions counted and the big EA presentation worked. Considering its only a month to fifa is in the shops, it will be off for production within a week, so, why no Fifa demo now???? Why was Fifa08 not open for play at the conference????

GC
Fifa - 4 weeks till in shops. EA Corporate presentation only.
PES - 9 weeks till in shops. Public demo.
A FIFA08 demo is getting released on the XBL marketplace, PSN and PC in a week or so..

Interesting that PES was playable and the opinion is "exactly like PES6". That's why I look more forward to FIFA. At least I know FIFA will offer something new. Like a lot of people, playing PES year in year out has led to boredom. Given that PES2008 is more of the same, no innovations, nothing noticeably new (other than smoothness :roll:), for me, it's impossible to get excited by this. I know already what I'm getting.

With FIFA, it's new. It may be complete shite, but at least it's new shite. The PES shite dried up and disintigrated years ago.

I keep rewatching the skills section of that fifa presentation and im absolutley stunned at how cool they are, i would buy fifa alone to do those skills in training

Just download the demo on marketplace or whatever, in the last demo it let you spend as long as you wanted training before a match.

Over all what e've seen today from both Konami and EA has been very disappointing. A 3rd game needs to come in and shake things up.

I think the game is going to be great,Pro-evo is and always been better than fifa...go on i can hear it coming...FANBOY.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom