WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 08/22/07)

no officials videos today?? no news about th ekonami press conference yesterday??? or is today???

fifafanboys are invading evoweb,trashing my favorite game,wish is art in motion,praising a boring game with no soul.
only showing that there are a lot of people with bad taste.
ea has only one great game and thats battlefield series.
i would not think of going on fifawebsites to praise pes,or trash there beloved game.

the new fifa gameplay vids look alright

Someone mentioned this in the FIFA thread:

From playing FIFA07 and UCL I felt like every player was the same. Wether I was running with Puyol or Ronaldinho, it felt the same. In PES you can clearly FEEL the difference between these kind of players, the way they move, react, etc.

My question to the FIFA boys around here who played the games more than me, am I wrong? I only played the demos so maybe I didn't play it enough.
In PES I feel the power of controlling Ronaldinho. In the FIFA demos I didn't.

fifafanboys are invading evoweb,trashing my favorite game,wish is art in motion,praising a boring game with no soul.
only showing that there are a lot of people with bad taste.
ea has only one great game and thats battlefield series.
i would not think of going on fifawebsites to praise pes,or trash there beloved game.

Sadly it isnt.
Here you have genuine PES customers tired by the same game every year.
In my own I'm permanently looking for the best footy game, and dont idolize PES or FIFA, simply I play the game I feel the best.

After old school games ages PES seemed to be the best but not necessarly it will be in the future.

I never played FIFA for more than 1 hour, because it was shi*.
In the other hand I pretend a footy game better than PES6.

Last edited:

Play SWOS all over again and realise what you are missing.. especially the career mode. That is one of the things PES SHOULD have.... but it doesnt it has the shitty ML which is no where near what a decent Manager Mode should be.

Sadly it isnt.
Here you have genuine PES customers tired by the same game every year.
My friend, it IS not the same game. I agree, many years the differences hasn't been that big, but nevertheless different.
We have seen movies from a demo where you only can play 1 vs 1 matches.
Even on those demo's there is an improvement of how things feel.
On top of that there will be a lot of changes we talked about in the last weeks
( editor, ML , etc. TeamVision ).
So you cannot say it's the same. There is definit improvement, although maybe not as much as you wish...
...but that's another thing :)

Someone mentioned this in the FIFA thread:

From playing FIFA07 and UCL I felt like every player was the same. Wether I was running with Puyol or Ronaldinho, it felt the same. In PES you can clearly FEEL the difference between these kind of players, the way they move, react, etc.

My question to the FIFA boys around here who played the games more than me, am I wrong? I only played the demos so maybe I didn't play it enough.
In PES I feel the power of controlling Ronaldinho. In the FIFA demos I didn't.

I played fifa 2007 for a while and the are no differnece between ronaldinho and thuram. IT feels the same!

dejavu you probably wont play there newest game more than one hour,maybe better to just rent it,or wait a few days you probably can buy it second hand then.

Its amazing how all these PES lovers and fanboys are writing FIFA off before its even been played... PES2008 looks the same but I am not coming on here saying "Dont Buy it... rent it". Man some people need to get a grip!

Its amazing how all these PES lovers and fanboys are writing FIFA off before its even been played...

lol fifa fanboys write the same shit here. PES2008 looks like pes6 and i wont buy it. :applause: Fifa looks amazing and realistic...pes is shit!

Do you hear me saying that? Nope.. Why? because I want a decent realistic football game to play. No one can say to me that FIFA is realistic and ALSO no one can tell me PES is realistic... to be honest NEITHER of them are.

lol fifa fanboys write the same shit here. PES2008 looks like pes6 and i wont buy it. :applause: Fifa looks amazing and realistic...pes is shit!
So, if I understand you well, you are only here to promote FIFA??

See, I wasn't sure; he used such an confusing way to put it :D

dejavu you probably wont play there newest game more than one hour,maybe better to just rent it,or wait a few days you probably can buy it second hand then.

It is a possibility :)

My friend, it IS not the same game. I agree, many years the differences hasn't been that big, but nevertheless different.
We have seen movies from a demo where you only can play 1 vs 1 matches.
Even on those demo's there is an improvement of how things feel.
On top of that there will be a lot of changes we talked about in the last weeks
( editor, ML , etc. TeamVision ).
So you cannot say it's the same. There is definit improvement, although maybe not as much as you wish...
...but that's another thing

When improvements are too slim, I feel they like a marketing strategy.
Today the shot tend to be high, tomorrow gameplay tend to be quick... Seems like PES defines a trend...
I'm with you when you say we have only a few vids and we must wait to play it. Sure.

Last edited:

am with with u djdoc on this one ... we just want a decent footie game for our next gen times ...

Its amazing how all these PES lovers and fanboys are writing FIFA off before its even been played... PES2008 looks the same but I am not coming on here saying "Dont Buy it... rent it". Man some people need to get a grip!

Read over the last 10 pages, you'll see endless amounts of people writing off PES before it's even been played. I think a third football game needs to appear from nowhere to challenge FIFA & PES. The only other footy game I've taken interest in is Football Superstars, and that's not out until next year.

Thats one of the few things pes has over fifa, the way you can tell different players apart by skill and likeness.

However i think it says enough about pes' showing this year that most of the posts atm is saying how shit fifa is and desperately defending it. Or the more open view that fifa is on the up and has the potential, whereas pes is stuck in a rut and stagnating. In no way are we actually talking about the good new features/gameplay enhancements etc.

The whole fifa discussion wouldnt have even been an issue a few years ago, yet now a lot of us, pesfans, are looking at it with hope that they have gotton the gameplay right this year so we can move on from pes. The new fifa engine has the potential and the progress made from 07 to UCL gives a lot of us hope that they will be near pes this year. Whether they are there yet remains to be seen, hopefully next weeks demo will give us the anwser. Lets face it, we all know exactly what we will be getting with pes, both the good and the bad. And thats why there are a lot of us that arent bothered about it, we will be hoping fifa delivers. And otherwise we will have to settle, because thats what it is, for pes.

There really is no need to start the "fifa is shit", "fifaggot", etc comments. It only shows yourself up. Most of us have a balanced opinion of both games and thats why we are considering fifa. Looking at the video it looks really good, but so far that is all.

@ Fuzz, i think the writing off of pes has to do with how the game has "developed" over the past few years. Like ive written above, we know what we will be getting with pes. For a lot of us that just isnt good enough anymore.

Last edited:

And what Konami in particular have come up with is disappointing and NOT next gen thus far. Only time will tell when we play the game if the AI for example is Next Gen....

Do you hear me saying that? Nope.. Why? because I want a decent realistic football game to play. No one can say to me that FIFA is realistic and ALSO no one can tell me PES is realistic... to be honest NEITHER of them are.

Exactly what I think.

anybody has an idea when pes demo is coming

Nope and you know what? Knowing Konami the demo will appear AFTER the game has come out and will be no use to any of us...

Does anyone know if Nokami hosted or will host a video demo like, EA did yesterday?

Where are the WENB guys? We haven't hear anything from them today. Nothing about the konami convention?

@ Fuzz, i think the writing off of pes has to do with how the game has "developed" over the past few years. Like ive written above, we know what we will be getting with pes. For a lot of us that just isnt good enough anymore.

Absolutely, I am one of those people. I haven't played single player PES since PES4. Even then I was getting bored. I also broke a total of 11 PS2 pads due to the "cheating" computer, so it was obviously causing more harm than a computer game ever should. I was merely offering a counter argument, because people are writing off both games without having played them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom