WE 10 - PS2 - Official Chat Thread - No more stat requests please

Re: Winning Eleven 10 - PS2 - Official Gossip Thread

And still no real videos to speak of??!

What a joke.

i think konami have sold out in a way, they see an opportunity to cash in on the world cup, by releasing before it. However, this game should have more to it, more effort graphically and playability wise. Its the 10th in the sereies for gods sake, does that mean nothing to konami?

Rather than making a huge deal over the 10th installment and cashing in that way, with a real leap forward in the series, they are more intent in just making a quick buck and fobbing us off with what is basically a small, half arsed update of we9. A was with we9 of we8.

I have to agree with you but I understand that they can´t do much better for PS2. They almost reached its limit on Winning Eleven 8/PES 4. So PES 5 and PES 6(We9/10) could only be little updates without much difference. However I just don´t understand why they released a game like PES 5/WE 9, the worst in the series in my opinion. Many many bugs, equal goals, very scripted game and poor gameplay, poor response, unrealistic. Even the stats were ridiculous (you always take advantage playing with AC Milan or Brasil, more then other WE versions).

So in WE 10/PES 6 I´m not expecting great improvements as I said before but I´m expecting a return to the old stuff, like the dribbling without side steps and the great 1st touch pass that the game always had. PES 5 was a step back, was the kind of videogame where you don´t need to play real football to win (as we had to do in previous versions). You just need to practice and play it as it is with 30m easy goals, 30m indirect free kicks, cutbacks or easy :r2: shots to the open angle. And for sure if you use AC Milan or Brasil plus all that tricks you will win for sure.

Let´s see what konami did with WE 10, I will not talk before playing the game as many people here do, I will just wait and see :)

b2y said:
Hi ALl,

Is the teams that are in the Road to the WC selectable after completing the region qualification???
B2Y

Most likely no unfortunatly...dont get your hopes up.

uae_sniper said:
updated !!

click on pic

Does installing the Japanese language installer provide readable English or is not that accurate. Thanks.:)

One major issue I won't expect to see corrected is the cheating play. Last night on PES5 Online I caught the second kid that, once caught ahead on the scoring chart and feeling the pressure of a non justified lead spent the last 15m of game passing the ball between defenders and keepers... we cannot expect everyone to have fair play, it should be the game engine itself to determine that after a determined number of such passes it would either be a bookable ofense and/or the players would have increasing difficulty in keeping the ball. You can pressure them with your strikers but it takes a lot of time to get the ball and it's often an attacking foul.

If WE/PES is to be a fair online experience this must end in future versons but I don't expect that.

Mauras said:
............itself to determine that after a determined number of such passes it would either be a bookable ofense

:mrgreen: LOL...........that's the funniest thing I've heard in ages.

Can't you just do a man mark job with your players and that would put a stop to it surely?

FD

Mauras, what would a referee do IRL if that happened...i can see why you guys felt cheated when Greece won the Euro in Portugal...

Mauras said:
One major issue I won't expect to see corrected is the cheating play. Last night on PES5 Online I caught the second kid that, once caught ahead on the scoring chart and feeling the pressure of a non justified lead spent the last 15m of game passing the ball between defenders and keepers... we cannot expect everyone to have fair play, it should be the game engine itself to determine that after a determined number of such passes it would either be a bookable ofense and/or the players would have increasing difficulty in keeping the ball. You can pressure them with your strikers but it takes a lot of time to get the ball and it's often an attacking foul.

If WE/PES is to be a fair online experience this must end in future versons but I don't expect that.

A topic just for you mate, http://www.evo-web.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=30614 . 8)

The Spanish said:
Where are China, Venezuela and Northern Ireland???

''Province'' is a country???

Venezuela is not in the game.
Province maybe North Irland.

This list of National Teams is only for the INTERNATIONAL CHALLENGE.

tomorrow

bn03_coming.gif

Molder said:
Venezuela is not in the game.
They were makeweights for Trinidad & Tobago to be included in the game. :|

Dunno what the situation is with African teams is though, I'd guess that Angola, Ghana and Togo will be in but at whose expense, considering Nokami have this idea of sticking to 50-odd national teams and those fucking classic unlockable teams. :roll:

SOLLITO new section on the official website is gonna open up.

Btw i wanna say to al the haters who complain we9 wast good,pes5 online bla bla,WE10 is gonna be crap bla bla.....F U dont like it dont buy it simple ass that,and take that huge pole out of ur ass....there i said it.

Or, if you don't like a site which allows people to express their opinion be it positive or negative, take that huge pole out of your ass and go elsewhere?

Mauras said:

Part of the game of football.. Konami shouldn't touch anything about that. We want less automaticity, not more. The less things that are automatic, the better.

That said, they better f**** damn fix the slowdown on wide camera angle... not just minimize it, but erradicate it completely. No matter what the expense: take out the crowds, the adboards, whatever you have to do Konami.

ClassicD said:
Or, if you don't like a site which allows people to express their opinion be it positive or negative, take that huge pole out of your ass and go elsewhere?

/me applauds.

ClassicD said:
Exactly... thanks classicD, i've got my new sig :D.. now @ whoeva has a problem with other peoples post (possitive or negative), just mind your f*****g business and fricking move on......

On topic: this is just ridiculous, konami has a game coming out in about a week or so and theres not enough real in game footage to go by (judge the gameplay) at all.

Last edited:

What about Spanish 2nd Division?

Why that brand before Lega Calcio, in the official cover?

Sorry for my English.

blah blah blah blah... I'll wait for the game to be released then I'll post some comments.

studeep said:
On topic: this is just ridiculous, konami has a game coming out in about a week or so and theres not enough real in game footage to go by (judge the gameplay) at all. :sad:

I dont understand how people are still surprised at this?! :|

It's the same every year, it'll be the same this year, why is it so surprising every time release date comes within a month?

airjoca said:
It's not how it looks, it's how it feels. You can't "feel" videos. Stop whining. :)

We'd still be on page one if there were no whining :)

well first of all if i'm whining (which i wasn't even doing, i was only stating the obvious) i dont know how that affects or concerns anybody, so why bother?? ignore the post it's not pleading to be looked at. ;)
yes you cant "feel" videos enough to completely judge by that factor but to some certain extent of watching realtime videos it definately tells a lot about how the "game plays" (which is the most important part of any footy sim), and youl'd probably get the real feeling when you actually play the game.
neways nuff of this rubbish, this thread is spammed enough already..... soz mods. :)

Well the same scans are not in here so I thought it was something new, oh well, sorry then.

Back
Top Bottom