WE 10 - PS2 - Official Chat Thread - No more stat requests please

Re: Winning Eleven 10 - PS2 - Official Gossip Thread

PLF said:
One minor thing but I hope there is more slots for K skin pre-set faces! There's too few of them for world of football today where there is huge number of great black players we need faces for and if Konami won't make them.. no problem just put the slots there so we can add them ourselves at least. Last game I really had to be efficient with them as there was so many black player faces I had and wanted to use but never enough space for them so i had to sacrifice some depending on which mL/league I play in.

More skin tones would be nice as well of course, there's some players who are definitely between a skin 2 and skin 3 for example so that'd be appreciated too if Konami did but at end of the day, these 2 are pretty minor things but worth a mention anyway since for half the thread we're talking off-topic stuff lol or about next-gen consoles.

Yeah, players like Kompany, Manuel Fernandes and Wright-Phillips deserve faces.

Another thing that I would like is an update on hairstyles, sincerally I'm tired to see Beckham as the only player who has each year a new hairstyle added in the game. That makes me sick to see C. Ronaldo & Ibrahimovic with their old hairstyle.

"How often have you been desperately trying to select the nearest defender to cut out a rampaging forward,only to find the computer selecting some guy on the other side of the action.
Any improvement in this direction would be a big help."

n00b

^^

Player selection in WE9 is not as good as it has been in previous versions. :roll:

n00b \\:o/

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

19 André Ooijer
04 Barry Opdam
07 Dirk Kuyt

I hope that all the Dutch players have their own faces.

Pelintra said:
Yeah, players like Kompany, Manuel Fernandes and Wright-Phillips deserve faces.

Another thing that I would like is an update on hairstyles, sincerally I'm tired to see Beckham as the only player who has each year a new hairstyle added in the game. That makes me sick to see C. Ronaldo & Ibrahimovic with their old hairstyle.

I don´t really care much about stats/faces. I just care about a better game in the field with a good gameplay. That´s all that matters.. football... I don´t care about hairstyles or tapes and that stuff, I care about football and I think konami too :) So if the game has a good gameplay I will be happy enough :)

I completely agree with you artist but I'm afraid they are focusing too much on the License stuff and the ML stuff. Grrrr............

No news annymore? Very boring here last few days.

Artist said:
I don´t really care much about stats/faces. I just care about a better game in the field with a good gameplay. That´s all that matters.. football... I don´t care about hairstyles or tapes and that stuff, I care about football and I think konami too :) So if the game has a good gameplay I will be happy enough :)

Yeah but unfortunately you are not the only one who buys this game so it has to have a bit of everything to make everyone happy.

Thanks for those news, waiting for new video or pics from Konami now :)

Jappa said:
Konami always sem to licence the teams with the easiest kits to edit, same with Arsenal last year with their retro kit.

Hurry up and give us some new England screens Konami, my profile's screamin out for a new avatar, especially for the World Cup!

Doubla R said:
Yeah but unfortunately you are not the only one who buys this game so it has to have a bit of everything to make everyone happy.

If you can choose between the exact gameplay of PES5 with a very good structure of the ML and a whole bunch of license OR a very new gameplay but not so many new licenses and not much difference in the ML, what will you choose? I'll choose for the new gameplay. If you pick the new license stuff part then...........:( ggrrrr man we already played a year the same gameplay it's getting more boring now. License stuff you get bored after 1 day! ML max 1 month or less. Gameplay you look forward too it's the most important part. If WE10 got the same gameplay like PES5 man I think I'll stop playing after 1 day. I'll check out the new teams and player, ML I don't play..............and that's it I think. If there IS a very new gameplay then it will keep me satisfied for maybe another half year.

Amsterdammer said:
If you can choose between the exact gameplay of PES5 with a very good structure of the ML and a whole bunch of license OR a very new gameplay but not so many new licenses and not much difference in the ML, what will you choose? I'll choose for the new gameplay. If you pick the new license stuff part then...........:( ggrrrr man we already played a year the same gameplay it's getting more boring now. License stuff you get bored after 1 day! ML max 1 month or less. Gameplay you look forward too it's the most important part. If WE10 got the same gameplay like PES5 man I think I'll stop playing after 1 day. I'll check out the new teams and player, ML I don't play..............and that's it I think. If there IS a very new gameplay then it will keep me satisfied for maybe another half year.

I agree! the gameplay is so much important!

Badgerman said:
Scans, scans, scans, scans, scans, scans, scans.

Patience.

I knw, buts it hard to be when you know that there are plenty of mags with WE10 previews going around in Japan and we cant see them :(

Okay but think for a second.

When we do get the scans it'll be in jargon moon speak to which some random nobody will put through babblefish, or some other God awful translator, which results in information even less discernible that when it was in Japanese.

After which someone will pop out of the woodwork and say "I conveniently have a Japanese friend who translated X for me" which will bring with it 90% regurgitated crap about what we already know and 10% lies.

Then onto the scans themselves. People will be scrutinising blurry pixels that aren't the best as they are in print and have then been transferred to PC.

Que rabid onslaught of "I think this 2 pixel blur is the new Nike boot" which leads to "OMG NIKE BOOTS" then "OMG NIKE KITS" and then disappointment.

We're all better off living in a box until it's released.

Or whatever, roll on the scans.

Last edited:

Badgerman said:

When we do get the scans it'll be in jargon moon speak to which some random nobody will put through babblefish, or some other God awful translator, which results in information even less discernible that when it was in Japanese.

After which someone will pop out of the woodwork and say "I conveniently have a Japanese friend who translated X for me" which will bring with it 90% regurgitated crap about what we already know and 10% lies.

Then onto the scans themselves. People will be scrutinising blury pixels that aren't the best as they are in print and have then been transferred to PC.

Que rapib onslaught of "I think this 2 pixel blur is the new Nike boot" which leads to "OMG NIKE BOOTS" then "OMG NIKE KITS" and then disappointment.

:lol:

One guy on IRCNET who lives in Japan and I do believe him because we know eachother for a while now says he played WE10 some betta "testing" version and had major slowdown during corners..and freekicks.. hope this doesn't happend in original version.

Hardcore facts.

Slowdown seems to be the problem every year.

I'm also wiling to predict that it will be a problem every year until the end of time.

Badgerman said:

Then onto the scans themselves. People will be scrutinising blurry pixels that aren't the best as they are in print and have then been transferred to PC.

Que rabid onslaught of "I think this 2 pixel blur is the new Nike boot" which leads to "OMG NIKE BOOTS" then "OMG NIKE KITS" and then disappointment.

Absolutely spot-on mate. 8) A good example is the recent talk on here about new leagues being licensed, and perhaps changes to the ML-structure. What? Are folk on the funny crystals or something? I will be utterly amazed if there are any new leagues. In addition, if there are any new clubs, you can bet your ass it'll be at the expense of others. The same goes for the ML-structure, the only things I expect to see here are the options already revealed, like turning off the ageing feature. Other than those lackluster additions I think the ML will remain identical to what we currently have. People pick up things all wrong at times and then on release moan about features that suddenly seem to have been 'omitted', despite having never been promised in the first place.

Quick note to Embrace - would love to see what you would love to see in the ML mate, but if I were you I'd try to come round to the fact that it's not going to happen in WE10. I have visions of your posts, post-release, and can imagine this will be a topic for you. ;(

These scans, maybe the reason we're not getting info is because they have no new info? Magazines often regurgatate the same stuff from issue to issue, and IMO if there was anything of note in the newer scans we'd have heard about it by now.

Last edited:

Hey guys it will be that goalkeepers will go to play with long shorts in the snow? He would be sensational!!! :-\" :cyclops:

Last edited:

I hope there is networking this time for kai cos i cant get xbox live have a bigger hdd so iam buggerd for that but they need to put in SL for people to play like 8 player and stuff.

Amsterdammer said:

I think I will choose the new licenses and new player faces. Altough the gameplay isn't superb I do play the game almost every day with my friends for the past year. I don't really mind when the gameplay doesn't change drasticly. Let's say I care more about new player faces.

Im gonna do this the most cowardly way possible, by not naming names, since there are many that are posting the most rediculous WE10 posts i never thought possible (i guess this post is kinda rediculous also...).
So yeah, on behalf of the evo-web forum (as a member of this forum), id like to appologise for all the nooby posts that we've witnessed... particularly over the last few days...

aussiepesfan said:
Im gonna do this the most cowardly way possible, by not naming names, since there are many that are posting the most rediculous WE10 posts i never thought possible (i guess this post is kinda rediculous also...).
So yeah, on behalf of the evo-web forum (as a member of this forum), id like to appologise for all the nooby posts that we've witnessed... particularly over the last few days...

Don't worry about it.

So your Austrailian? Any clear pics of Austrailia in we10?

there is new update in the konami site know

nazzo said:
Don't worry about it.

So your Austrailian? Any clear pics of Austrailia in we10?

Hi there,
Yes i am Australian, and im glad to say that YES.. the Official Australian Kit will be in WE10.. and this can be seen in the Trailer video on previous pages.. shows some clips with australia v england.

fozan said:
there is new update in the konami site know

AWESOME!!! just checked it out.. has instructions on moves with MOVIES :)
im checking it out now :) great idea by konami :)

BTW.. it has just the OFFENSINVE moves atm.. defence and others havent been put on the site yet :)

Back
Top Bottom