WE 10 - PS2 - Official Chat Thread - No more stat requests please

Re: Winning Eleven 10 - PS2 - Official Thread

Rated Josh said:
rumour: pes6, the European version of Winning Eleven, will be released in May, before the World Cup in Germany.

seriously?

johan said:
Why do you have to say BEST NATIONAL TEAM.. :roll:

Brazil wont go far this summer :lmao:

I'm french too, but Brasil is certainly the best team with 5 WC won, then Germany with 3 cups.

To go online with this i just need a Network adaptor and HD right, plus Japanese address? I think maybe my Japanese may perhaps be good enough to navigate the menus. Still not tried to go online with any of the Winning Elevens yet.

Cheers

Ju

Mikey said:
The animations are robotic looking because the PS2 can't handle any more animations. When next gen WE comes along, I think the animations will be much better because they will be much less restricted. :)

my arguement is that all the animations in WE are motion captured right?...but there is no way that a professional football player would move, shoot, pass like alot of the animations in the game. i have no problems with some of the animations they are perfectly fine but alot of them you just think to yourself - these are motion captured? give me a vomit bag! they just look so awkward and unrealistic. what drugs are the motion capture actors being fed and/or what do the animators actually do when working with the captured animations, its a real mystery to me

JU! said:
To go online with this i just need a Network adaptor and HD right, plus Japanese address? I think maybe my Japanese may perhaps be good enough to navigate the menus. Still not tried to go online with any of the Winning Elevens yet.

Cheers

Ju

WE10 wont have any online mode. ;)

I really don't expect anything newer than what's already been showed to us.
No more licenses, no more feints.
The game release is a month away...

Sollito said:
Tkz m8!!! That's the name of Album, the music is "Win and Shine!". ;) Impossible to find with Limewire... :P

Cheers

So you've tried too, (hides in shame), lol

you're my idol !!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

fantomas23 said:
my arguement is that all the animations in WE are motion captured right?...but there is no way that a professional football player would move, shoot, pass like alot of the animations in the game. i have no problems with some of the animations they are perfectly fine but alot of them you just think to yourself - these are motion captured? give me a vomit bag! they just look so awkward and unrealistic. what drugs are the motion capture actors being fed and/or what do the animators actually do when working with the captured animations, its a real mystery to me

benjo said:
I'm french too, but Brasil is certainly the best team with 5 WC won, then Germany with 3 cups.

italy with 3 as well. dont forget the italians.

viva l'italia

Well, it makes a lot of sense having PES6 released before the WorldCup. Konami have had a lot of time to prepare this pre-WC release since there has not been any Final Evolution / International / Whatever winter relase of WE9. From the business point of view, EA have had major sucesses in the past with their event-oriented games, such as "Road to World Cup '98", "World Cup 2002" and the likes. It is absurd that Konami has failed to capitalize on this events before.

If I were SeaBass Tsakatsuka I would have thought: "Well, this is the last release we're getting out on PS2. We've currently pushed the hardware to its limits, there's little more that we can do now technically. So that only leaves space for a 'tweak-release' of WE10 - something like WE9 on steroids. We therefore can do two things, one is releasing the proverbial Final Evolution version in January, and wait until PES3 comes out to release WE10. The other thing we can do is skip the winter edition, take a little more time on the tweaking, licensing and the likes, and get both the Japanese and European versions of the new game released well before the summer: hence we'll be able to market it along the WorldCup boost and make A LOT of money".

I wonder what would prevent Konami from doing that. They've announced this version when it was almost finished, most probably they've been working on its conversion to PAL in the meanwhile.

Just my 2¢...

i would like an october edition - and possibly an edition purely for the worldcup like EA does

things i like about october editions

many updated transfers, new kits, new teams, more time to aquire licences

things i dislike about october editions

the fact you have to wait a bloody age for something that isnt too disimilar to the winning eleven series

considering WE was going to be out in teh summer not april maybe this shows konami's intent?

new animation

06032814172149965.gif

link

If WE10 dosent have online play, then we might expect Konami to release PES6 with onlineplay and after that maybe even an modification WE10: Liveware Evolution of somekind with onlineplay.

As for the Germany and France nationalteams licenses, it might as well be a upcoming surprise since both teams are sponsored by Adidas (PES/WE main sponsor)?

profit90 said:
italy with 3 as well. dont forget the italians.

viva l'italia

Also Uruguay ---> 2 WC

Perghaps 4 this year fot Italy !

uae_sniper said:
new animation

06032814172149965.gif

link

Nice to 0wn someone with that move:D

Italia,Germany wc2006 winner nah....Holland? fay away....think Brasil has the biggest chance....or Togo,yes Brasil or Togo:lmao:

I think Konami would be silly not to release PES6 PS2 before the WC.... plus that would be unfair on us europeans.... Japs get WE10 and we get? nothing until october....

DJ

The_End said:
If you've seen recent iterations of the NFL 2K series or Madden, you'd know that this kind of excuse doesn't wash.

I thought the excuse was a cop out but gave him the benefit of the doubt, deciding he was being ironic.

muffinmak said:
I'm still worried about some of the shooting animations

the leg-intertwining shot animation is still in there.....unbelievable

do you mean the Lampard animation @ 04:17? If so, I agree. Looks crap.

Junka said:
Nice to 0wn someone with that move:D

Italia,Germany wc2006 winner nah....Holland? fay away....think Brasil has the biggest chance....or Togo,yes Brasil or Togo:lmao:

I agree with you buddy, not cuz I'm brazilian, but Brazil has the biggest chance... If Braazil fail I believe in Holland, Portugal or England. "Nostros hermanos" argentinos will not pass from group fase!! (again :D)

Cheers!

Hhaha always the hate from brazilians to Agrentina.....hmm but i dont believe holland wil come far..if u see the line up...al the big known players are not in the team,V.basten selected buch of weak erendivisie players,and totaly unexpierenced

Guys! to those who are already displeased with some of the new animations/grass/licenses etc.., just be patient and enjoy this coming version before you are blown away(hopefully) by the PS3's power with Winning Eleven.

Winning Eleven cannot and will not loose their identity regardless of what system it is on. It is for this reason that we will always see things from one game to another carried over to other systems.

Be patient and enjoy what we have know until then.

Peace!

Im just worried by the "easier passing, shooting, dribbling" that was mentioned. Ive got a bad feeling its gona end up as a ping-pong passing minimum 5 goals a game matches.

knh4 said:
Im just worried by the "easier passing, shooting, dribbling" that was mentioned. Ive got a bad feeling its gona end up as a ping-pong passing minimum 5 goals a game matches.

I doubt i will end up like that. PES4 was kinda ping pong if you compare it to PES5. The easier shooting/dribling is an option in the new game. I don't think it's compulsory.

easyeasyeasy said:
I doubt it, probably be PES6 release in October as usual :(

At least you'll get it. Here in North America we probably won't see WE10 at all, or at least until the March 2007 timeline.

By then they probably won't bother so we'll have to wait for the PS3 conversion which obviously won't reach us here until the following year. It looks like WE9 was the last title we'll see in North America for 2 years.

Wolf, that sucks major league for you guys!

DJ

That is true..by the time we get a Winning Eleven game for PS3 and play online here in the states, it will be mid 2007 or by the end of it. It sucks!

Back
Top Bottom