WE 10 - PS2 - Official Chat Thread - No more stat requests please

Re: Winning Eleven 10 - PS2 - Official Thread

I'm still worried about some of the shooting animations

the leg-intertwining shot animation is still in there.....unbelievable

they could add the comunity mode of WE9JL in WE10. I Like so much this mode. You can ranking with yours friends.

Man, WE10 looks sweet.

Anyone know the name of that song used in the trailer?

Seabass1977 said:
I don't like the animation of the long range shot and of some passages..
I wanna try the game before smiling........("arcade" is near the corner??)

totally agree. the old animations are still there - unrealistic, robotic, stiff looking animations that makes you say errr players in real life dont shoot like that at all. from what i saw of the new animations - they were a joke. this is series 10 and 2006, they just cant nail them and i have no idea why

did anyone else notice the socks lengths are differnet? Look at the animation of the matthews trick and the italian player (page 47) there has shorter length socks than say his opponents and that of joe cole and ronaldinho's...

i like the look of that - nice little detail they added

Yep man! You're right!
Then...look at the 4th .gif (concerning the new animations", posted some pages ago...). I just wanna know from Seabass :"what kind of drug do you use???" . There are some cool animations and other ones that have nothing to do with soccer !!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

fantomas23 said:
totally agree. the old animations are still there - unrealistic, robotic, stiff looking animations that makes you say errr players in real life dont shoot like that at all. from what i saw of the new animations - they were a joke. this is series 10 and 2006, they just cant nail them and i have no idea why

Seriously to be very honest with myself, this game is not getting me excited at all. and thats a bad thing because every we/pes game that comes out always gets me pumped up until this one maybe because graphics wise it's , pes 5 with a little brushing up and seriously that wont make me go out and splash £40 :shock: on it, i think i'll pass this time.
EDIT: why?? well it is obvious really, WE9/PES5 with more lisences and nice gameplay but what really annoys the S#!* out of me is no news on master league yet which i for one (and i know there is alot of us) play 89% of the time.
i dont think it's reasonable retailing it at that price bearing in mind what it's got to offer :( :roll: and konami thinks it's a good idea to retail the game at the same price (if not higher) as games like God of war 2, which is released with about 60% of new! added stuff in it, or games like MGS that comes every year with storylines to die for etc. i mean if it was sold for say £15 or something (as an addon, like the sims2 university) then i suppose it'll be a lot more feasible. :)

i know i'll be flamed by people saying,
"the game hasn't even come out yet so stop knocking it" or
"wait till you've played the final game before you start slating it" or
"this is not a major overhaul, just minor tweaks, wait till next gen"
but it is clear that even visually (pitches, player models, kit models!!(still the same ones :shock:), ML)there's not much changed, so what, a couple more licenced teams (to replace the new ones that dont even look good enough) will make the game play brilliantly superb and way better than it's predesesor??.....not...
personally, i'm not getting this, only because i don't own a network adaptor ATM so i cant play online (if there is an online option this time as japan aint getting one apparantly :shock:), because TBH if i play the same master league another 1yr, i'll be a fifa fanboy by choice!!:shock: :shock:...
....i mean, it's not just right

Last edited:

Maybe you guys should wait the next gen release if you can wait till then

kouroux said:
Maybe you guys should wait the next gen release if you can wait till then
i said it!! :lmao: :lol:

Last edited:

fantomas23 said:

The animations are robotic looking because the PS2 can't handle any more animations. When next gen WE comes along, I think the animations will be much better because they will be much less restricted. :)

imagine next gen animations with the same rubbish master league. lol

Does anyine know whos stats the ones featured briefly in the gameplay trailer are?

Ronaldinho88 said:
Does anyine know whos stats the ones featured briefly in the gameplay trailer are?

Yess there where from HOLLAND

PLAYERSTATS.JPG

Page 1 of 13, pressing R1 takes to page 2, 3, 4, etc.

there aren't news about team like corinthians boca river sao paolo international and other south american team???

studeep said:
"the game hasn't even come out yet so stop knocking it" or
"wait till you've played the final game before you start slating it" or
"this is not a major overhaul, just minor tweaks, wait till next gen"

All of this is true you know ;-)

But i agree with you and others. Playermovement still looks stiff and robotic. And there are basically still only 8 directions in which you can shoot, pass and move.

However, if I actually play we9jl it still FEELS kind of fluid and overall looks kind of nice. If you sit back and you watch a gameplay movie it will look worse compared to when you are playing that exact same game.

And don't forget that even if playermovement is kind of robotic, better responsiveness, player switching, collision detection, ball movement, animations and smarter ref could still result in a much much improved gameplayexperience over we9(jl). But those are the kind of things that are hard to tell or judge, just by watching a few very short gameplay movies.

after seeing the movies the pitch still looks gay to me

player haters!!!

seriously wait till it come sout, you'll get it, you know you will!!

the good always out weighs the bad, i think this version has more new stuff than we9 had over we8 so im optimistic

england4lu.jpg

again the england team a little overrated to sell copies when pes6 is released?

I'm just wondering why Konami doesn't insert "in-game" the sign of a tackle on the grass or something like that...The pitch is the same in every winning eleven version! (and...do you wanna talk about South Africa stadium pitch ???)

Junka said:
after seeing the movies the pitch still looks gay to me

Seabass1977 said:
I'm just wondering why Konami doesn't insert "in-game" the sign of a tackle on the grass or something like that...The pitch is the same in every winning eleven version! (and...do you wanna talk about South Africa stadium pitch ???)

Damnn i dont wanna think about that South Africa stadium pitch looks like a field where some farmer is gonna plant some corn seeds.

Mikey said:
The animations are robotic looking because the PS2 can't handle any more animations. When next gen WE comes along, I think the animations will be much better because they will be much less restricted. :)

If you've seen recent iterations of the NFL 2K series or Madden, you'd know that this kind of excuse doesn't wash.

Back
Top Bottom