WC06 Qualifiers' and Internationals' Thread (June 5th Results)

Re: WC06 Qualifiers' and Internationals' Thread (Wednesday, Feb 9th, 2005)

So its a certainty that Dwight Yorke is returning to internationals for Trinidad and Tabago?

smango said:
So its a certainty that Dwight Yorke is returning to internationals for Trinidad and Tabago?
yes he played against hati yesterday in a friendly, they lost cause he fouled a guy in his own box for a
pk :), he doesnt worry me at all... our defenders are decent enought to stop him, howard is not in the camp :( i think his nat team days are getting as numbered as his manu days...

footieBalla said:
this is interesting news Brad Friedel Retires from International Football

just something to ponder about i guess, basically it's a two horse race for starting goalkeeper for you lot now?

-fb
well there are a few keepers, keller, hanehman(reading), meola,
joe cannon(young stud) and howard... and i gurantee when wc2006 comes around, friedel unretires... but for now i would imagine keller is the number 1..

International Friendly Results

Cyprus * 1 - 1 Austria (Cyprus won on penalties 5-4)
Finland 2 - 1 Latvia
Ivory Coast 2 - 2 DR Congo

the U21's also had a slew of matches themselves:

Albania U21 1-1 Ukraine U21
Greece U21 0-1 Denmark U21
Wales U21 0-4 Germany U21
Spain U21 14-0 San Marino U21 :shock:

England U21 1-2 Holland U21
H:Collins John 19
H:Eldridge Joger 37
E:Leroy Lita 90

N. Ireland U21 2-1 Scotland U21
S:Shaun Maloney 36
N.I.:Christ Brunt 47
N.I.:Sam Morrow 59

Portugal U21 2-0 Rep. of Ireland U21
P: Miguel Hugo Almeida 15, 31

-fb

Spain really went to town on San Marino

6' [1 - 0] Silva

11' [2 - 0] Liorente

30' [3 - 0] Vagnetti (o.g.)

45' [4 - 0] Liorente

48' [5 - 0] Soriano

50' [6 - 0] Soriano

62' [7 - 0] Silva

65' [8 - 0] Soriano

68' [9 - 0] Jarque

72' [10 - 0] Font

75' [11 - 0] Jarque

85' [12 - 0] Jarque

90' [13 - 0] Navas

90' [14 - 0] Soriano

4 nil at half time, San Marino must have still fancied their chances of winning the match, they just seemed to slip away towards the end :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Italy playing russia with the trident of Serie A - Vieri-Totti-Montella. Seems like a very offence-orientated team. Pirlo and De Rossi, Nesta and Cannavaro etc. Many wingers and strikers like Langella and Esposito were also called.

i watched the england under 21 match vs holland, holland has some young studs, de ridder looks to be very good, hofs looks dirty but good, the only players who looked good for england was the keeper in teh second half, richardson, marney, and the black guy they had playing sweeper in the second half, the captain ridgewell, was SHIT, how does he start for aston villa...

csaunders said:
i watched the england under 21 match vs holland, holland has some young studs, de ridder looks to be very good, hofs looks dirty but good, the only players who looked good for england was the keeper in teh second half, richardson, marney, and the black guy they had playing sweeper in the second half, the captain ridgewell, was SHIT, how does he start for aston villa...

It was a decent match, wasn't it?

Hofs looks a lot like Van der Vaart (and plays a lot like him). The Dutch keeper was a bit dodgy though.

Huddlestone ("the black guy") and Lita looked impressive for England.

Gazz22 said:
It was a decent match, wasn't it?

Hofs looks a lot like Van der Vaart (and plays a lot like him). The Dutch keeper was a bit dodgy though.

Huddlestone ("the black guy") and Lita looked impressive for England.
yeah i liked how england came back in the second half, the dutch keeper was horrible, i mean so bad... Hofs was alot like van der vaart...

Watched Japan v North Korea tonight. Great free kick, great unexpected shot for the DPR Korea goal and a great ending, Japan scoring in the last minute...2-1 - a bit lucky to get away with that in my opinion. Crap at finishing, Japan's 19th place in the Fifa rankings looks a bit optimistic. Still, 3 points in the bag.

Well a dull, lifeless and pointless England game tonight. Can I write to Sven and claim back the 92 minutes of my life that I lost watching that?

pk9 roundup i was fortunate to watch all the 1st halfs of eng vs holl, germ vs arg and fra vs swe

and all i can say is that eng vs holl no comment except for good runout to all debutants

arg vs grm on the other hand was explosive nice play by germany they are gradually coming back and heinz wot can i say takin peeps out good tackles apart ffrom the one on kuranyi also sorin pen was a joke absolute clean tackle by cant remember who however all round entertaining play ..........

fra vs sweden all i can say is superb match storming game from wilhelmsonn and dhorasoo also nice build up to swedish goal and classic titi&trezegoal combination for second goal good game from guily also nice volley but viera bad elbow on allback also thierry stop being flash juts shot even though it was a pen

well eng vs holland somebody can comment on that not me absolute thrash

Jeez what a moron eriksson is, I guess Johnson's international career has been terminated before it has even began...Ricketts, Beattie anyone?

I liked the look of the dutch players i'd had never heard or seen of before tho....

Friendly Results

FT Hong Kong 1 - 7 Brazil

FT Bulgaria 0 - 0 Serbia & Montenegro

FT Azerbaijan 0 - 0 Moldova

FT Slovakia 2 - 2 Romania

FT U.A.E. 1 - 2 Switzerland

FT Georgia 1 - 0 Lithuania

FT Slovenia 0 - 3 Czech Republic

Pen. Austria 1 - 1 Latvia * (Latvia won 5-3 on penalties)

FT Cyprus 1 - 2 Finland

FT Israel 3 - 3 Croatia

FT Malta 0 - 3 Norway

Postp. Turkey ? - ? Tunisia

FT Cameroon 1 - 0 Senegal

FT South Africa 1 - 1 Australia

FT Egypt 4 - 0 Belgium

FT Poland 1 - 3 Belarus

FT Ireland 1 - 0 Portugal

FT England 0 - 0 Holland

FT Germany 2 - 2 Argentina

FT France 1 - 1 Sweden

FT Italy 2 - 0 Russia

FT Northern Ireland 0 - 1 Canada

FT Wales 2 - 0 Hungary

17' Venezuela 0 - 0 Estonia

The England vs Holland game was a waiste of time..

SWP played absolutely PISH, he lost the balls more times than I can remember, his first touch was abysmall, and he missed imo 2 sitters.

David Beckham played shit as usual, and Owen was never in the game for me, same with Lampard.

Rooney played not bad, and I was gobsmacked to see him come off, when it shoulda been Owen, Johnson had to play on the wings so he didnt do nothing..

I dont understand why Sven used that formation without proper wingers, it is obvious it was nowhere near working.

This and the game against Spain has waisted my time, no-more England games for me.

England really are a poor team to watch.

FD

fd1972uk said:
England really are a poor team to watch.

FD

Much the same as Scotland :D

Scotland coach was present at the Italy-Russia game. He seemed scared that his team will face Italy soon.

Italy started off very well, creative talents were playing - Totti, Montella, Pirlo and eventualy Esposito who had an excellent game. Gattuso was MoM and i completely agree. He was stunnig and was running the midfield. THe defence was kinda shite as Nesta and Zambrotta didnt play, but shithead Materazzi. Vieri was poor in finishing where as Montella and Totti linked together very well after 8 years together. Pirlo was ok, nothing special but some spectacular passes to montella.

Esposito and Langella were the pair to watch. Langella was mediocre as he seemed nervous. Esposito was excellent - beautiful setup for the GIlardino goal.

Barone was also a good call. Nice goal, solid midfield job, and nice sight of the field.

smango said:
Much the same as Scotland :D

Yeah that is fair, however basing it on the supposed quality on the field, watching England games can have a detrimental effect on your well-being.

FD

yea mg down at hong kong i was laughing seeing hong kong get raped by Brazil lol wat a comedy....had to stay awake till 4am to watch the England match....regret it oh so dearly!!! wat a shyt game !!

England just ain't worth watching anymore. Northern Ireland have a real chance of putting them to the sword.

speaking of NI, they lost to a 10-man canadian side... really, that is a crying shame :mrgreen: OOOOH CANADA!

-fb

I hope Nigeria can do well at the world cup in germany. They are currently 2nd one point behind Angola. Is there any Nigerian supporters here?

Also has anyone purchased tickets for the WC06?

Nigeria have been poor in their recent competitions. They dont have the tactics and determination they once did. Cameroon seems to be the team to watch.

alright well, since it is only hours away, i reckon now would be a good time to bring this back...

since i am primarily concerned with england news, it looks like joe cole may get his first start for england in a competitive fixture

should be three points in the bag for the 3 lions, i mean, honest, N.I. lost to canada!

here are the fixtures for WC Qualifying in Europe:

Armenia v Andorra
England v Northern Ireland
Wales v Austria
Bulgaria v Sweden
Czech Republic v Finland
Estonia v Slovakia
Liechtenstein v Russia
Croatia v Iceland
Poland v Azerbaijan
Georgia v Greece
Israel v Ireland
Romania v Netherlands
Turkey v Albania
Denmark v Kazakhstan
Belgium v Bosnia-Herzegovina
Italy v Scotland
France v Switzerland

-fb

Re: WC06 Qualifiers' and Internationals' Thread (New England Shirt Revealed)

Results:

North Korea 1-2 Bahrein
Iran 2-1 Japan
Kuwait 2-1 Uzbekistan
Saudi Arabia 2-0 Korea Republic

Re: WC06 Qualifiers' and Internationals' Thread (New England Shirt Revealed)

saudi beat korea :shock:? wow... and japan too? what is going on in the AFL?

... BAHREIN!?!?! (sorry if this sounds all incoherent and such, but i am still recovering from the fact that china is out and bahrein isnt)

-fb

Back
Top Bottom