WC06 Qualifiers' and Internationals' Thread (June 5th Results)

Re: WC06 Thread (qualifiers and friendlies)

most of you lot already know my views on racism. what these spanish people have done is absolutely despicable, albeit i have not seen or heard any clips of the match. but do i need to? what happens on the pitch stays on the pitch, if the fans have a problem with the players, there are other ways to show your disapproval.

i cannot believe it, just simply revolting

-fb

Re: WC06 Thread (Spanish racism and some qualifying results)

I agree. The BBC commentators were speechless (as was I). I can't believe they can get away with that.

Also, WTF was Rooney up to? If I didn't know better, I would think he was drunk. :shock:

This wasn't an isolated incident either. Carlton Cole, Darren Bent and Glen Johnson were subjected to monkey chants during the U21 game in Spain yesterday.
I would hate to think what would happen if they played someone like Nigeria, Cameroon or Senegal.

Well the more I watch this German team the more I think theyre unstoppable, 3-0 against Cameroon, after being unlucky with the draw against Brazil. The match in Leipzig (? ) tonight showed that Jurgen's got them back to their right mentality - the first half didnt have too much skill but once again the strength of character, toughness and determination allowed them to beat a good side 3-0.

I think, given they're at home for the World Cup, playing infront of their own fans, theyve a great chance.

Great result for the Serbians and Montenegrans tonight too, the Belgians are a tough team to play, very well organised and hard to break down their midfield, so 2-0 is a superb result away from home.

PS - Apparently the Ecuadorians beat Brazil 1-0 !

germany is on a good way but honestly cameroon was very weak tonight and the first half was boring.

but they improve

in all honesty if i was in a game and could hear all that chanting and racist abuse i would simply ask my team mates to all walk off the pitch
then the fans would not get what they paid for due to their ignorance

if that were the english fans (or any UK fans) making them types of terrible chants i bet FIFA would make an example of them

What football needs, is a decent, reputable governing body.

Can't believe Turkey lost 3-0 at home to Ukraine. The WC really was just a blip.

Spain ss. England was a poor match.... This match was far from being friendly from the racist chanting to the clashes between the players. What's up with Rooney? He needs to control himself, he had no right to push Casillas like that. This match was absolutely disgusting.

Professor Nutmeg said:
Can't believe Turkey lost 3-0 at home to Ukraine. The WC really was just a blip.

no, it was a step forward.but thanks to our federation and coach we are back in the 80´s.

Asian Teams who qualified for the second round of WC2006Q

Kuwait, Saudia Arabia, Bahrain, Iran, Japan, South Korea, North Korea, Uzbekistan

just doesnt seem right that bahrain is closer to WC06 than china are :roll:

-fb

About the Match Spain - England itself (so not about the racism):
I have to say I really think that a lot of the England players were disgracefull and should have been red-carded, namely Rooney, Lampard and A.Cole.

People are forgetting that the game WAS only a friendly. I'm sure the ref didn't want to hand out red cards.

Ernestito said:
no, it was a step forward.but thanks to our federation and coach we are back in the 80´s.
Well you did play against a Ukraine that had a in-form Shevchenko.

Re: WC06 Thread (qualifiers and friendlies)

Ernestito said:
turkey-ukraine 0:3, again a wonderful game by our (fenerbahce)-defenders, i dont understand why this fucking coach builds a defence with fenerbahce defenders who got 13 goals in 4 matches in the CL.

i hope he resigns and we get a foreign coach i cant see these corrupt faces anymore.
Fatih Terim.

France midfielder Robert Pires will be fined for wearing the logo of a different sports company to the team's official sponsor Adidas, the French football federation said on Thursday.

uh wtf. lol

The players on the pitch should start making a stand against racsim if they really care. David Beckham or eriksson should start speaking up against racism. At least Houllier had the bulls to threaten the fans that his team would simply walk off the pitch if any racist chants.

yea, i read somewhere he was wearing puma...

-fb

Why does no one talk about the Andorra - Holland match? It was one of the best matches in WC qualifying history.

Last edited:

maybe you can give a synopsis on how the match went?

i would love to know what happened, but bloody canadians couldn;t tell a bloody football if it grew out of their arse

-fb

I was a bit cynical there. 0-3, boring match. Van Basten has said afterwards the smaller countries like Andorra, Liechtenstein etc should play a pre qualifying group league, so the players from the big leagues in Europe won't play as much matches as they do now. I agree with him. Andorra are shit and some of them were almost out to injure players like Robben just so they could stop him. Matches like these are useless.

i agree. this is how ruud picked up a slight niggle (speaking with bias of course). there's not a lot of things that can be worse than watching your country cruise through the qualifiers because you're playing shite countries, while risking injuries to players when you need them most.

its good to see no one really got badly injured. however friendlies are all the same, this is how saha reinjuried his knee and now he's out for another month

-fb

Re: WC06 Qualifiers' and Internationals' Thread

Wales' chances of entering the next stage of the World Cup 2006 qualifiers did not improve after news of the international retirement of Gary Speed, Andy Johnson, Andy Melville and Mark Pembridge; it only got worse as newly acquired manager John Toshack has added fuel to the fire byhitting out at those very players:

SkySports said:
The likes of Gary Speed, Mark Pembridge, Andy Melville and Andy Johnson have announced their retirement from international action in the wake of Mark Hughes' departure as manager.

Toshack has questioned the reasoning of the players' decision to retire.

"You look at things and you wonder who would have been around if we'd got a draw at Old Trafford and something from the Poland game," said Toshack.

"Retiring because of demands on time is not the right attitude.

"I'm of the opinion that managers should retire players and not the other way around.

"Professional players should play until they drop, they are a long time retired.

"Gary Speed and Mark Pembridge are two who have decided to call it a day and that's a big chunk taken out of the midfield, so I need to start planning and looking around at players."

Wales are a dismal 8 points behind group leaders England in 5th place, a position even the lowly Northern Ireland side have bettered, being in 4th with 3 points. Looks like the Welsh side will have to prepare for another two years for the next big football tournament involving European countries.

-fb

joostebrood said:
I was a bit cynical there. 0-3, boring match. Van Basten has said afterwards the smaller countries like Andorra, Liechtenstein etc should play a pre qualifying group league, so the players from the big leagues in Europe won't play as much matches as they do now. I agree with him. Andorra are shit and some of them were almost out to injure players like Robben just so they could stop him. Matches like these are useless.

i think scotland will fall on that gp too,,,

Re: WC06 Qualifiers' and Internationals' Thread

alright, there is a MASSIVE schedule of international friendlies and world up qualifyers on the horizon... and here they are:

*all matches wednesday...

WC Qualifying - CONCACAF
Trinidad & Tobago v United States

Panama v Guatemala

Costa Rica v Mexico

WC Qualifying - UEFA
Macedonia v Andorra

Albania v Ukraine

Greece v Denmark

Spain v San Marino

International Friendlies
Hong Kong v Brazil

Bulgaria v Serbia & Montenegro

Azerbaijan v Moldova

Romania v Slovakia

United Arab Emirates v Switzerland

Georgia v Lithuania

Slovenia v Czech Republic

Israel v Croatia

Malta v Norway

South Africa v Australia

Turkey v Tunisia

Egypt v Belgium

Poland v Belarus

Ireland v Portugal

England v Netherlands

Germany v Argentina

France v Sweden

Italy v Russia

Northern Ireland v Canada

Wales v Hungary

Venezuela v Estonia

Chile v Ecuador

all italisized matches stand out for me...HK v Brazil because im from HK!! cmon HK! and NI v Canada because well...:roll:

we already know about the AJ and downing call ups, but other england news include: b'rum defender matthew upson will miss wednesday action through injury, however jamie carragher will be ready for action. also the battle for the right wing position should be filled by becks according to manager sven eriksson and striker jermain defoe.

any of you have news about the other countries?

-fb

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: WC06 Qualifiers' and Internationals' Thread (Wednesday, Feb 9th, 2005)

England v Holland should be a great match.

Re: WC06 Qualifiers' and Internationals' Thread (Wednesday, Feb 9th, 2005)

cmon boys, USA, USA, USA!

I think we will take the match 2-0 vs t and t dwight yorke will be in bocas pocket all night....

Back
Top Bottom