Uefa Europa League 2013/2014

nice drow for ukrainian teams. all should go through in group stage

hmmmm I wont be that sure , Chernomorets Odessa v Skenderbeu Korce , one Albanian team (Kukesi) already won over Metalurh Donetsk , and from what I see/hear Metalurh Donetsk are better than Chernomorets Odessa aren't they ? Skenderbeu are Albanian champions they are better than Kukesi so if Kukesi did it I think Skenderbeu can do it too !

FK Kukesi v Trabzonspor - a really hard match for Kukesi , what a shame wish they had a more easy draw , but still im hoping for a good match and hey you never know ;)

btw both team of Albania play 1st matchs away than home , but since they both use same stadium , FK Kukesi gonna play 1st match at home and 2nd away on Turkey !

hmmmm I wont be that sure , Chernomorets Odessa v Skenderbeu Korce , one Albanian team (Kukesi) already won over Metalurh Donetsk , and from what I see/hear Metalurh Donetsk are better than Chernomorets Odessa aren't they ? Skenderbeu are Albanian champions they are better than Kukesi so if Kukesi did it I think Skenderbeu can do it too !

FK Kukesi v Trabzonspor - a really hard match for Kukesi , what a shame wish they had a more easy draw , but still im hoping for a good match and hey you never know ;)

btw both team of Albania play 1st matchs away than home , but since they both use same stadium , FK Kukesi gonna play 1st match at home and 2nd away on Turkey !

Chornomorets are better than Metalurh. Yes, I was wrong, Kukesi is really good team... don't know what to say. Metalurh every year have chance to play in EL and every year they can't go through in group stage! What a shame. Good luck to Kukesi

BTW I was in Albania, Tirana last Tuesday. Very hot city. Do albanian teams always play EL matches in Tirana?

Chornomorets are better than Metalurh. Yes, I was wrong, Kukesi is really good team... don't know what to say. Metalurh every year have chance to play in EL and every year they can't go through in group stage! What a shame. Good luck to Kukesi

BTW I was in Albania, Tirana last Tuesday. Very hot city. Do albanian teams always play EL matches in Tirana?

oh for some reasons I thought they were better than Chornomorets !

yeah very hot over here it sucks , all "international matchs" are played in Tirana (Qemal Stafa Stadium) since only that stadium its good enough for this level games :/

Kukesi its really new team , I mean first time being on 1st category , and they did build a nice small stadium , but I guess its not 100% done yet .... Kukesi its about 200km far from Tirana so shame their fans have to go so far to see match on their "home" .... Kukesi its about 30km from where I live (Kosovo ,Gjakova) so if they would play at their "home" sure I would go and watch but there in Tirana no ... non of my friends want to go so I dont have much wish going all alone :D

HNK Rijeka 2-1 VfB Stuttgart

Rijeka has played almost perfect game with 2-0 lead, but than they conceded a naive goal just few minutes before the end. Vargić (Rijeka's GK) had absolutely magnificent game and it is really shame that he hasn't kept clean sheet.

Estoril 2 vs 0 Paching

Estoril played way better(Pasching didn´t make a real opportunity in this game) :CONFUSE:

Golazo by Carlitos :WORSHIP:

HNK Rijeka 2-1 VfB Stuttgart

Rijeka has played almost perfect game with 2-0 lead, but than they conceded a naive goal just few minutes before the end. Vargić (Rijeka's GK) had absolutely magnificent game and it is really shame that he hasn't kept clean sheet.

Stuttgart are playing so shitty this year in international matches, I don't get it...that was quite unnecessary to loose in Rijeka, they could have made much more there.

Stuttgart are playing so shitty this year in international matches, I don't get it...that was quite unnecessary to loose in Rijeka, they could have made much more there.

Stuttgart's DFB-Pokal campaign last year was remarkable, but apart from that, what did they really achieve? They ended up very low in the final table and their whole game just never seemed to be on par with the "real" contenders for the Europa League places. I'm not exactly expecting any miracles from them.
Considering that on top of that Frankfurt and Freiburg are underdogs who surprisingly made it last year, I'm expecting another rather disappointing year from the German starters in this competition.
But Stuttgart should still be able to turn things around at home. Hopefully they'll have gained at least some more confidence until then.

Well done Rijeka, great club with fantastic fans. They really deserve it. This means something to the club and the fans, whereas in Stuttgart it's probably seen as a distraction like most teams in England and Italy see it. Maybe not for the fans, but I can see Stuttgart struggle this season and I don't think they'd really mind being knocked out of the Europa League if they had to qualified and were to struggle.

YEEESSS!!!! Slovan Liberec is in!!! Beat Udinese 1-3 and then draw with them 1-1 is great in my opinion. But Jablonec is loosing to Betis 2-0 (first match 1-2 for Betis) :(.

EDIT: OMG, Jablonec lost to Betis 6:0, what a shame :COAT:

Last edited:
The UEFA Emergency Panel has decided all losing teams in the UEFA Europa League play-offs will enter a draw on Friday to decide who replaces Fenerbahçe SK in the group stage.

so that will be either Saint-Étienne or Nice..:COOL:

Tromso have replaced Besiktas (Besiktas knocked them out), and this morning there was a "lucky loser" draw to replace Fenerbache (it gave all of the teams eliminated last night another chance) - APOEL of Cyprus got it.

So this season UEFA's slowness has seen already eliminated teams (PAOK, APOEL, Tromso) and teams that didnt have to play the playoff (Maccabi) make it and opposition teams (Arsenal, Schalke) not knowing who they are playing (and where they have book flights to etc) until 50 hours before the match. It's piss-poor from UEFA, all this stuff should be sorted out before the competition begins. Metalist and Fenerbache & Besiktas's banning should have been done in June, they should have been replaced with the next lowest Ukrainian and Turkish teams (say Dinamo Kiev and Bursaspor) and then the team list should have been finalised. If they couldnt do it in time they should have postponed the ban to next year (which is pretty much what they did with Malaga), but removing teams half way through the competition makes UEFAPlatini look like they are making up the rules as the competition goes on.

APOEL have been eliminated from Europe twice this season (CL vs Maribor, EL last night vs Wagrem) but they can now be drawn against both those teams in their EL group.

lol but i don't think it is all UEFA fault, first of all, teams shouldn't fucking match fix.. and then they appeal to CAS and they take ages to decide and they cant really kick a team out when there still an appeal going on.

Yes, obviously they shouldnt match fix, but at the same time cutting teams out at random times in the middle of the competition messes the whole thing up. Take Eintract Frankfurt, they were a pot 2 team until 9am this morning, when APOEL (a team that has been knocked out of Europe twice already this summer) were made "lucky loser", now Frankfurt are a pot 3 team as APOEL have been given a lifeline by UEFA.

Salzburg were knocked out by Fenerbache, who are now banned, but instead of being reinstated the Austrians are out and APOEL get, in effect their place. On the other hand at the exact same stage Salzburg went out to Fenerbache, PAOK were eliminated by Metalist yet PAOK get the reprive and Salzburg dont. The whole thing is a joke and UEFA could easily prevent this by finalising the team list when the competition gets underway. They should have fast-tracked the match fixing ruling and appeals to finish before the competition started, and if that wasnt possible they should have postponed the bans for a season.

Back
Top Bottom