Shots: 22-2
On target: 5-1
Corners: 10-2
Fouls: 17-18
Yellow cards: 4-3
Red Cards: 1-1 (both 2nd yellows)

Dila had barely set foot out of their half, jet they won with an away goal

How the well did Hajduk lost??

well, pitch conditions are awful. Hajduk played their best games this season away from home basically because of that. Igor Tudor (Hajduk's manager) insisted on short passing game in pre-season. He even want Kalinić (GK) to play short passes whenever it is possible instead of kicking long balls forward. And then there were 2 or 3, I am not exactly sure, concerts which city of Split organized on Poljud stadium in first week of a season. And now pitch is destroyed and that doesn't suite team's playing style they were developing in summer break.

Other than that: Kouassi, probably the best forward player Hajduk has in squad, is injured and will maybe be ready for this Sunday game against Hrvatski Dragovoljac, but will probably be spared for return leg against Dila.

And third: they had missed few great chances tonight and faild to produce more clear cut chances

Lowly Kukës continue to roar for Albania

"We are making history," said FK Kukësi coach Armando Cungu after the lowest-ranked side in the third qualifying round shocked FC Metalurh Donetsk with a 2-0 first-leg win.
To FK Kukësi, UEFA Europa League rankings are just numbers on a piece of paper.
The side with the lowest UEFA coefficient in the competition's 58-team third qualifying round defied their lowly rating on Thursday, goals from Lucas Malacarne and Renato Malota earning a 2-0 first-leg success against FC Metalurh Donetsk that leaves the Albanian club 90 minutes away from the play-offs.

Kukës are five games undefeated in their debut European campaign, having already overcome FC Flora Tallinn and FK Sarajevo. "We are making history," said coach Armando Cungu. "I am pleased with the score but we have a lot more work to do. Metalurh are a strong side although we are playing well and I am very proud of the team's effort."

Kukës made the perfect start against their Ukrainian visitors, going ahead in the sixth minute through Malacarne. "That is what we needed," said captain Rahman Hallaçi. Things further went their way when Mykola Morozyuk was dismissed for a second booking on 69 minutes, before Malota sealed the win late on.

However, the hosts also relied on the impressive Argent Halili to maintain their advantage, with the goalkeeper making outstanding saves from Velizar Dimitrov and Djordje Lazić. "He was amazing," said midfielder Yll Hoxha.

The result means the north-eastern team have established the longest unbeaten record of any Albanian side in Europe, and a positive outcome in next week's return leg could herald a meeting with the likes of Tottenham Hotspur FC, FC Dynamo Kyiv and ACF Fiorentina.

No matter Kukës's eventual fate, they have proved once again that the beauty of football lies in the fact that when a game kicks off, ratings, rankings and coefficients count for nothing.

http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/news/newsid=1978706.html

:FAIL: why I was always thinking we are playing vs Metalist ???? I guess coz I never heard before for FC Metalurh Donetsk hahaha

and thats why I was shocked , I was like how the hell this could happen ? it makes more sens now tho haha

what a shame !!! :$ :D

Anyway it would be tooo hard for Kukesi win Metalurh in Donetsk. We still have chance go in 4 round. BTW i'm disappointed because albanian TV didn't make traslation.

Anyway it would be tooo hard for Kukesi win Metalurh in Donetsk. We still have chance go in 4 round. BTW i'm disappointed because albanian TV didn't make traslation.

yeah I already said that , it will be very very hard , but not impossible , since they have 2-0 lead , and I hope with some luck we can manage to get a positive result !

and I'm even more than you buddy , those crapy channels didnt give match , was really shame for such an important match for whole Albanians around the world, but I hope 2nd leg some Ukrainian TV show it so i can see on streaming !

yeah I already said that , it will be very very hard , but not impossible , since they have 2-0 lead , and I hope with some luck we can manage to get a positive result !

and I'm even more than you buddy , those crapy channels didnt give match , was really shame for such an important match for whole Albanians around the world, but I hope 2nd leg some Ukrainian TV show it so i can see on streaming !

Our channels always shows EL and CL matches ;) There are also more motivation for translation because of importance of this match. If you will win I will agree with your coach ("We're making history"), but it's too early

Our channels always shows EL and CL matches ;) There are also more motivation for translation because of importance of this match. If you will win I will agree with your coach ("We're making history"), but it's too early

well "We're making history" its true because they are making it , even if they lose 5-0 away they did history , last year it was 1st time for team on 1st category in history of club , that was making history , than finished 2nd again they did history , passed 2 rounds in EL and on 3th round beat a club from Ukraine 2-0 they did history again !

he dosnt mean its over , hes just talking for 1st match!

Russians clubs with wins! Rubin won on class, Kuban played not as confident as in Scotland.

MetaDon < Kukesi..I was hoping that the home Metallurg win with necessary score, but took a sensation.

So....2 of 3 our (Croatian) teams are out. After Lokomotiva Zg was knocked out in last round against Dinamo Minsk this round was last in this season for Hajduk Split which was knocked out by Dila Gori with aggregate result of 2-0 (0-1, 0-1). Rijeka has played 1-1 in 2nd leg against Žilina and went through to playoffs with 3-2 aggregate win.

Lech and Bursa are out as well. And Stuttgart struggled also to reach the next round.

And Tromsö eliminated my favorite underdog Differdange after penalties...

Historical win by Kukesi , they lost 1-0 today (but won 2-0 fist match)

amazing how they only got 1 goal on this match , they "park the bus" today :LOL: 20 minute they were 1 player down after a red card , man of the match from both games was Goalkeeper , he made some amazing saves btw. Metalurh goal was class , really great goal!

at the end they got it soooo soooo happy for this small team , its "lowest" team on EL till now so far !

looking forward for tomorrows draw and hope they get a nice draw , im really exited to see who's next !

Hajduk eliminated by Dila Gori :O

Yes. But believe me...Hajduk is now just a name of once proud and powerful team from which whole Europe feared. It is in steady downfall ever since 1994/1995 CL quarter-final elimination from that year winner, Ajax. Back then Hajduk had everything: great fans, lots of money (for Croatian team), great players, great coaches...but they had stupid (and I used gentle word here) board that spent that money on vacations, doubtful investments, refusal of paying for transfers etc...and than came 2000s...debt was growing and growing....

and now we have this Hajduk that is 102 years old, has still the same fans (which are now, by modern football standards, outdated with pyrotechnics etc.), without any money, with team comprised of teenagers, with young coach in his first serious job (although I have great respect for Igor Tudor for his playing career) and a bit smarter board that can't do anything because there is no money at all.

Tudor had said that goal for this year is to advance through 2nd qualifying stage and that everything else is a bonus. They did what they said they want to and now they are out of competition. Now they have time for whole year to grow as a team and to try and do better next year

dbc9ee9e01d0caf0337cbd91cbb121f6.png

4e0ecec68193adaaf9c4bec1a061a46e.png

Kuban (RUS) vs Motherwell (SCO) 1:0

great match and a great atmosphere, thank you Kuban fans for such support, 31,754 people - it was something. Debut for this team turned out great, I hope the next round of Kuban will also play convincingly and will continue to write the their history in EuroCups, with the victory of the guys, Bravo! :WORSHIP:

In squad of Motherwell want to mention of Faroese goalkeeper Gunnar Nielsen, yesterday he was playing amazing and was even able to parry the penalty. I hope in the future he will be all right and he will to continue to go out on the field as part of this team.

Differdange (LUX) vs Tromsø (NOR) 1:0

It is unfortunate that the fate of the match decided by penalties, I believe Luxembourgers deserve to play in the next round. But anyway, thank you guys, wait, for following season. ;)

Breidablik (ISL) vs Actobe (KAZ) 1:0 (pen. 1:2)

Kazakhstan can get both the club in European competition this season, well done guys, it is seen that football in this country is certainly have some growth. ;)

Lech (POL) vs VMFD Žalgiris (LTU) 2:1 (Away go next)

Metalurh Donetsk (UKR) vs FK Kukësi (ALB) 1:0 (Away go next)

Dila (GEO) vs HNK Hajduk Split (CRO) 1:0 (Home go next)

Here, a couple of unexpected and one pleasant results. :D

Here, a couple of unexpected and one pleasant results. :D

And don't forget Vojvodina, a team that is surprising everyone with their results in EL qualification this year. They had 6 games in EL qualification (started from 1st round) and had 5 wins and 1 draw, with 17 scored goals (almost 3 per match). They eliminated Hibernian (Malta), Budapest Honved (Hungary), and Bursaspor (Turkey). They won 3:0 in away game against Bursaspor, and played 2:2 home (Bursa had their best team on the field in both matches). I really hope they can make it to the group stage of EL, because they're a great team, have a great young coach, and a great board, that is buying great, non-expensive players.

Good Luck Vojvodina, hope you can make it!

FC Kuban Krasnodar (RUS) vs Feyenoord (NED)

Damn, the opponent is quite complicated, an experienced member of the EuroCups. Kuban will be very hard, but I believe she will cope. Good luck, lads!

FC St Gallen (SUI) vs FC Spartak Moskow (RUS)

Molde FK (NOR) v FC Rubin Kazan (RUS)

About these opponents can not say anything, but I think the matches will be quite hard, especially for Spartak. But anyway, I believe in luck, Let's Go Russia! :D

And don't forget Vojvodina, a team that is surprising everyone with their results in EL qualification this year. They had 6 games in EL qualification (started from 1st round) and had 5 wins and 1 draw, with 17 scored goals (almost 3 per match). They eliminated Hibernian (Malta), Budapest Honved (Hungary), and Bursaspor (Turkey). They won 3:0 in away game against Bursaspor, and played 2:2 home (Bursa had their best team on the field in both matches). I really hope they can make it to the group stage of EL, because they're a great team, have a great young coach, and a great board, that is buying great, non-expensive players.

Good Luck Vojvodina, hope you can make it!
Unfortunately, I have not been following this club, so for me not was a surprise his victory. But if you say that this is a good team, I will be sure to look theirs matches with the Sheriff. ;)

Back
Top Bottom