UEFA Euro Men 2024

Just watched the France v Belgium game. O.G by Vertonghen. Referee getting hit by the ball stopping a Belgium attack and France have yet to score a goal in open play. If this were England the public would be absolutely hammering them with abuse. France have been worse than we have!
I think the public just need to support England now instead of this constant criticism. I’m hoping Southgate and the players have boycotted using their phones and reading news because it absolutely does not help when our entire nation gives out never-ending criticism of the team.

I'm rooting for Portugal now, but I think it will be a very difficult game! Grandpa Ronaldo owes... (1 x 0)

Austria passes and from what I saw, Spain champions.

I'm rooting for Portugal now, but I think it will be a very difficult game! Grandpa Ronaldo owes... (1 x 0)

Austria passes and from what I saw, Spain champions.
Just out of interest, what country are you from mate?
Spain have been playing well for sure.

#teampepe
Evergreen Pepe.
The two oldest players on the pitch have been the best players so far. Pepe and Ronaldo.
Vitinha is some player too. Not seen much of him before the tournament but he seems like a top player.

Evergreen Pepe.
The two oldest players on the pitch have been the best players so far. Pepe and Ronaldo.
Vitinha is some player too. Not seen much of him before the tournament but he seems like a top player.
True, bit dissatisfied with Ronaldo atm, takes way to much of Portugals offense, should trust his team mates a bit more.
But great nevertheless.
Waiting for Joao Felix

True, bit dissatisfied with Ronaldo atm, takes way to much of Portugals offense, should trust his team mates a bit more.
But great nevertheless.
Waiting for Joao Felix
Second half he hasn’t been as good as the first you’re right. He’s the kind of player that can win a game though. I’m now getting the feeling Slovenia might steal it. Could be wrong but it’s looking like one of those games. Anyway game on!

Second half he hasn’t been as good as the first you’re right. He’s the kind of player that can win a game though. I’m now getting the feeling Slovenia might steal it. Could be wrong but it’s looking like one of those games. Anyway game on!
Same here, Portugal aren't really getting the job done and are very one dimensional

Besides those “games of rome”, and Im not much of a friend anymore of this sport, Ronaldo crying was one of the most honest moments.. as honest as a millionaire can be. But I’m thinking positive here so I’m seeing this sport attitude…. Being well represented.

Not sure what to make of it tonight, but that got something to it…

My English might be off tonight, but I hope you get me. I’m just trying to find a middle ground.

Ronaldo initial penalty was perfect and Oblak still saved it.
Sesko should have stole the game when he was clean through.
Triple shootout save. That’s unbelievable. I can’t recall ever seeing 3 saves in a row on a shootout.
I’m happy for Ronaldo. He gives it his all every time he puts on the shirt.

Ronaldo initial penalty was perfect and Oblak still saved it.
Sesko should have stole the game when he was clean through.
Triple shootout save. That’s unbelievable. I can’t recall ever seeing 3 saves in a row on a shootout.
I’m happy for Ronaldo. He gives it his all every time he puts on the shirt.
Very true, regardless of the persona he is ,always 💯

I like the fact that some of the older stars like Ronaldo and Modric wear their emotions on their sleeve. In this modern footballing world of "trying to act cool" all the time, actually being able to see the players' vulnerability and emotions is refreshing, and connects the audience to them.

Rooting for: Romania and Portugal. :)

Why? Because they scored an offside goal?
What about the regular goal scored by Germany in the first half?

After some days gone by (and writing without having some beers before :LOL: ) I still think the decisions were correct. But only correct in terms of the actual rules, but it can neither be correct in the sense of the game nor in the sense of the fans.

The offside call was technically offside, it's fact. But does the striker had any advantage because of a centimeter? I don't think so. Without VAR nobody could and would complain if this was given a goal.

The handball was a correct call too, in terms of the actual completely messed up handball rule, where literally every touch is called a handball. But should this be penalized in the sense of the game? In my opinion, clearly no.

So all in all I understand every Danish player and fan that they feel betrayed. (Although, to be fair, I didn't see a foul before Germany went 1-0 up either).

So yes, VAR can go fuck itself.

So today's game's, Romania v The Netherlands and Austria v Turkey
Hoping for Romania and Austria, but most likely Netherlands and Austria
Or?

Romania vs Netherlands - this should be an interesting one (knowing their actual performance so far). In this case correct me if I'm wrong, the last time Romania was qualified in a final stage was during EURO 2000 so that was 24 years ago. In 94, 98 and 2000 they were winning against national teams like Colombia in both WCs, Argentina in WC 94, England x2 in WC 98 +EURO 2000. They have Hagi's son in their squad (didn't watched their matches besides EURO to see how good he is) and also their manager's son from 94 - 98. Don't know if they'll put the challange but will be interesting to see what happens...

Austria vs Turkey - Austria feels like Switzerland's twin during this Euro. Fresh, on point with some good tactical background, and overall homogenized to adapt and challenge big national teams to make some history. Turkey in other hand has its own pride, energetic football like Georgia with an extra push by their talented players, and overall motivated by fanatical supporters to reach their goal and go to the next round...

Romania vs Netherlands - this should be an interesting one (knowing their actual performance so far). In this case correct me if I'm wrong, the last time Romania was qualified in a final stage was during EURO 2000 so that was 24 years ago. In 94, 98 and 2000 they were winning against national teams like Colombia in both WCs, Argentina in WC 94, England x2 in WC 98 +EURO 2000. They have Hagi's son in their squad (didn't watched their matches besides EURO to see how good he is) and also their manager's son from 94 - 98. Don't know if they'll put the challange but will be interesting to see what happens...

Austria vs Turkey - Austria feels like Switzerland's twin during this Euro. Fresh, on point with some good tactical background, and overall homogenized to adapt and challenge big national teams to make some history. Turkey in other hand has its own pride, energetic football like Georgia with an extra push by their talented players, and overall motivated by fanatical supporters to reach their goal and go to the next round...
Im very impressed with Austria so far, high pressing with Ragnicks system, and players doing it to perfection.
Think the first game will be a good one as well

Well Romania are trailing 1-0 to the Dutch. I think the team who scores next will go on to win the game. If the Netherlands score I think it will be too much for Romania to claw back. If Romania score first I think the Netherlands will be demoralised and be under pressure.

Even though the Romanian team played poorly and was very weak, I really liked the Netherlands' game. If they play like this, England will be no better than the Netherlands. (there will be a tough game against Switzerland).
This blue Netherlands uniform, for me, is the most beautiful of the tournament.

Ps: the highlight of the game was seeing the Romanian female fans in the stands; Show! haha. 🤣

@Bastosrsb you’re right, I don’t think any of the teams are particularly stunning so far in the knockouts.
I can’t remember what competition it was and it was a while back but some Argentine Women in the stands had painted their Football jersey on the top half of their body. It was….. glorious 😂

@rockstrongo Thats some bad timing!

Back
Top Bottom