UEFA Euro Men 2024

I think I'm having "Euro withdrawals" :LMAO:

Really can't wait for tomorrow!!

My predictions for the matches:
Spain 1-2 Germany (The Germans pull off a minor upset in a stunning display of concentration)
Portugal 2-1 France (Ronaldo breaks the spell and scores a late winner)

hahah.... more "heart than head" in the second prediction, that's for sure as I am supporting Portugal and I like Ronaldo. :RSCARF:
I'm really rooting for you to be right about Portugal.
Germany will be a lot of work, it will be an early final, but I think Spain will pass.
I'm delighted with Nico Williams' game...

I'm really rooting for you to be right about Portugal.
Germany will be a lot of work, it will be an early final, but I think Spain will pass.
I'm delighted with Nico Williams' game...
The fatherland will reign supreme 🇩🇪

This quarterfinal of the Euro is so exciting. Spain vs Germany is basically an "unofficial final". I think the winner of this game will definitely win the entire thing.
On the other side, I wanted to see a big surprises. Turkey vs Switzerland semifinal might be interesting, as both sides had a good spirit compared to England and the Netherlands, although Turkey's challenge are a bit difficult due to the Netherlands' form being quickly recovered.
Talking about the Euro 2024 Final, I think a Germany-Netherlands Euro 2024 Final would be Epic. We already had that happen before in 1974 World Cup Final — with much stronger German and Dutch teams for both cases (Beckenbauer vs Cruyff) — coincidentally enough, that tournament was also held in Germany.

Apart from a couple of games in the beginning and some minutes in a few games later this is one of the worst world tournament i have ever seen. Low quality and boring, passing around the back games. Turkey is the most exciting team. Even Spain who dominated all their games havent faced any big teams yet who play well.
But lets hope the best for the rest.

Not sure what to make of today's games. Spain and Germany are two of the three teams (Switzerland being the other) who look like they know what they're doing in this tournament rather than muddling by like the rest. Both have frailties at the back, so fingers crossed the attackers will out.

France and Portugal could be grim. Two talented but toiling teams rarely makes for a good spectacle. Best hope is that something tasty happens early on (I'm looking at you, Pepe) and they all lose the plot, go for each others' throats, tactics go out the window, and we get a repeat of 1984.

Apart from a couple of games in the beginning and some minutes in a few games later this is one of the worst world tournament i have ever seen. Low quality and boring, passing around the back games. Turkey is the most exciting team. Even Spain who dominated all their games havent faced any big teams yet who play well.

It has really tapered off. Big players/teams haven't shown up either.

It's a shame, MD1 was really fun but I think with the combination of conservative tactics from teams and perhaps even fatigue players hadn't experienced the likes of in previous tournaments it's really fizzled out a bit. Turkey/Austria sparked things up with a great R16 game but it's been a tournament of pretty much watching everyone play the same generic way. No creativity allowed.

Will obviously watch tonight's games, but for me Copa America has been way better than the Euros.
European teams are way too tactically good and always play low risk football Vs South American/African tournaments where's there all guys on deck kinda football

Will obviously watch tonight's games, but for me Copa America has been way better than the Euros.
European teams are way too tactically good and always play low risk football Vs South American/African tournaments where's there all guys on deck kinda football
Yeah but in the Copa you’ve got 2 teams that are strong and about 4 teams that are semi strong and the rest are there to make up the numbers.

The European teams are more evenly matched with even the smaller teams fielding several players that play for top clubs. The defences are better and more organised, it’s why the games don’t end up 5-5.

Personally I enjoy tactical football and I’m thoroughly enjoying the euro but each to their own.

I saw another tournament than you. I really liked this Euro Cup.
Today with Spain, I want to see some of the magic that was with classic teams and players and was lost a long time ago.
Germany is always an unpredictable opponent, as Italy was in the past.

Ps: I miss the good times of Van Basten, Gullit and Rijkaard at Milan!

Yeah but in the Copa you’ve got 2 teams that are strong and about 4 teams that are semi strong and the rest are there to make up the numbers.

The European teams are more evenly matched with even the smaller teams fielding several players that play for top clubs. The defences are better and more organised, it’s why the games don’t end up 5-5.

Personally I enjoy tactical football and I’m thoroughly enjoying the euro but each to their own.
When the Euros had 16 teams I'd say it was the best tournament, even Vs the WC.
There's been quite a few shit team's here as well.
But, I'm enjoying it as well.
Too bad Germany v Spain is a qtr final, for me its the two best teams

When the Euros had 16 teams I'd say it was the best tournament, even Vs the WC.
There's been quite a few shit team's here as well.
But, I'm enjoying it as well.
Too bad Germany v Spain is a qtr final, for me its the two best teams
Really? I’ve always liked the World Cup the most. There’s something extra special about it in my opinion.

Yeah it’s a shame they’ve met so early in the knockouts but I guess that’s just the nature of tournaments.
I want Germany to advance because I’m part German but ultimately England are the team I’m rooting for. They could end up meeting at some point which is not an ideal situation for me! 😄

Really? I’ve always liked the World Cup the most. There’s something extra special about it in my opinion.

Yeah it’s a shame they’ve met so early in the knockouts but I guess that’s just the nature of tournaments.
I want Germany to advance because I’m part German but ultimately England are the team I’m rooting for. They could end up meeting at some point which is not an ideal situation for me! 😄
Well 16 teams, and probably the 10-12 best in the world Vs 24 with weak Asian/African/South American/Oceania teams.
Outside Europe, Argentina and Brazil perhaps?

Drama again!
I think Füllkrug is going to get a winner. Come on Germany you can do it!

@rockstrongo Yeah they have ao weak teams in the World Cup but it’s the most prestigious tournament to win.

I knew!
The team that has the best football in Europe at the moment.
Rodri, Olmo, Nico Williams and Yamal... what a beautiful team! It reminded me of the Brazilian team of 2005/2006. It was pure magic!
Spain champions, I've been saying for a few weeks.

Germany played well, but can someone explain to me why a coach takes away his best players without them being tired? Spain almost lost because of him! Shit technician.

Now just hope that France disappears from the tournament and see grandpa Ronaldo score 2 goals. 😅🙌

I am very impressed with Vitinha, he makes some great plays. Also really like Bruno Fernandes.
Very smart, skilled players.

Let's go Portugal!!!!!! 🇵🇹

I am very impressed with Vitinha, he makes some great plays. Also really like Bruno Fernandes.
Very smart, skilled players.

Let's go Portugal!!!!!! 🇵🇹
I agree. Vitinha has the it factor, whatever that is, and of course I also like Bruno since he’s Man Utd captain 😄

Ronaldo on the touch line with a little bit of skill there late in the second half. He’s still got the magic

France is extremely organized but just a bit too boring to watch. It is nice to see though that Kanté is playing really well still after joining the Money League.

Ronaldo on the touch line with a little bit of skill there late in the second half. He’s still got the magic
I really want Ronaldo to score in this Euro, his last one. It would be a great epilogue to his Euro career.

For some reason, even if I'm South American, Copa América hasn't captured my imagination this time. I am much more fascinated by the Euros this time around. Maybe it has to do with the fact that I find more much more likeable teams in the European NT's.

I really want Ronaldo to score in this Euro, his last one. It would be a great epilogue to his Euro career.

For some reason, even if I'm South American, Copa América hasn't captured my imagination this time. I am much more fascinated by the Euros this time around. Maybe it has to do with the fact that I find more much more likeable teams in the European NT's.
Yeah maybe.
Captured your imagination apart from this particular game lol it’s not been pretty. Portugal really do like the slow build up these days.
Unless Bruno has picked up an injury I think bringing him off is a very strange decision.

@Flipper the Priest Come on man don’t curse England. I wish I had cursed out Scotland now you’ve said that lol

I think Portugal is trying more to make a game out of it, while France is more waiting and counterattacking..

but yeah they've kinda cancelled each other out, so far.

All in all a bad day for me. Both of the teams I wanted out have gone through. Meh! 🫤

Back
Top Bottom