UEFA Euro Men 2024

How does the Portuguese manager take off Vitinha before PK's? Incomprehensible decision.

Kinda bummed out by these results today. Really looking forward to Turkey tomorrow, the one team remaining that I'm actively rooting for.

Spain will march through this France team. Germany would have done the same. Portugal finally showed quality in attack, it was a great game as a neutral i would say, lots of great chances and lots of class saves and blocks on both ends. Proper 0-0, well deserved russian rulett penalties. Feel a bit bad for Ronaldo tho, he cant go out on a high note with winning the Euro one more time.

PS: Its crazy that Joao Felix is only 24, for me it feels like hes been around for 10 years already on the big stage but Atleti only signed him in 2019, while Mbappe is also already 25 and i only seen him, on world events on some CL matches and youtube highlights and in PES/FIFA, the guy wasted his youth in Paris while winning nothing but french trophies...no offense to Ligue 1.

@Flipper the Priest Come on man don’t curse England. I wish I had cursed out Scotland now you’ve said that lol

I'm half-English so I'm allowed! 😄

It's purely the media coverage, the level of it, and how it infiltrates coverage of the tournament as a whole. And it's actually worse when England are underperforming! There's enough depressing stuff on TV as it is. And there's almost an entire media industry around 'what Gareth should do instead'.

I'm half-English so I'm allowed! 😄

It's purely the media coverage, the level of it, and how it infiltrates coverage of the tournament as a whole. And it's actually worse when England are underperforming! There's enough depressing stuff on TV as it is. And there's almost an entire media industry around 'what Gareth should do instead'.

We are just completely the wrong mix of nations aren’t we 😂
It’s the same every tournament though. It’s been like this for years, which is a nice segue into my reply to @MadbaLL and to answer you, I don’t know how old is old but I grew up on PES 5 & 6 so I’m old and withered enough! Lol

I was rooting for Germany and Portugal as well in the semifinal. Portugal's elimination was even unacceptable than the Germans. They should have beaten France throughout the entire play. How embarrassing.

Now I don't want to see England going further if they continued playing garbage football with Southgate. If France vs England Final happened, then I will stop watching the football forever. UEFA is a complete joke!

by far the worst euro tournament i have ever watched.
I think the same, either this one or Euro 2016. Euro with 16 teams was better. Euro 2000 and 2004 were the best quality I can remember. Most teams and all big names are underperforming and almost every game is disappointing. Teams like Turkey and Georgia at least show(ed) passion and fight like crazy. Others win games without even scoring goals by themselves besides one penalty, with probably the best players of all. The English I can somehow understand tho that they are happy as long as they win no matter how bad they play. No intention to take shots but my honest opinion: Zero trophies besides one WC at home including a more than controversial goal, but expectations are still always the highest although the history clearly tells a different story. Last Euro was basicly played at home for them while all other teams had to travel around at least for the knockout games. For every game the rules were changed to let more and more England fans in the stadium to support, and still they lost. On penalties of course. But maybe this time they will make it. The typical end would be a final between England and France, decided by an own goal or a penalty. I still wait for Upamecano to have his usual blackout.

Italy was.... well, better not think about it anymore. They used most of their energy to shout the anthem but looked totally clueless when the matches started. No game plan, a new formation every game, strange decisions by a confused man who just keeps complaining and who does not even have the decency to step down after he failed, same for his boss the FIGC president. It is hard to believe nowadays that Italy used to have great players in attack. Now there is Retegui, Scamacca... but still I think a coach like Conte would have done better. Just because his team would at least have been a team, with passion and a gameplan (tho he is limited because of stubbornness and has no plan B).

Ronaldo reminds me of an aging boxer who does not want to accept his time is over. I hope he finally retires now at least from national team, with all due respect. But I think as long as he scores in Saudi he continues as he is "still competing with young animals like Haaland"... I know through his long career he scored from free kicks sometimes but considering the many attempts (almost every one from almost every possible position) he is so bad at it... especially if you compare that to real FK masters like Mihajlovic or Juninho.

But Germany vs Spain was great. It should have been the final. Nagelsmann did a Spalletti though with Can (horrible player in my opinion) and Sane (absolutely in a bad shape). He corrected his mistakes but had to waste two substitutions by halftime and paid the price for it because in the end he could not bring a fresh player in anymore during extra time. Rüdiger played a good tournament and showed leadership qualities I think but unfortunately was just out of position there. The penalty situation (handball by Cucurella) is being discussed everywhere now. Many German fans have bad memories playing against Spanish teams. Sometimes they were just clearly too strong (2008 and 2010) but this time it was really close. In CL Real had many favors by referees especially against Germans (disallowed goal for Leipzig, referee interrupting the game too early as he thought it was offside against Bayern, and Vini could do whatever he want) and now this.

Sorry for the long text. I don't want to offend anyone, especially not the England fans and anyone who is actually enjoying the Euro. Of course I will also continue watching just because it is the Euro and it is just every four years.

Last edited:
For me personally this has probably been the worst Euros I can remember.
It has been so boring with only a couple of memorable good games.

The quality from the big teams has been shocking except Spain who look like they are going to absolutely walk this tournament.
France are in the Semi Finals without scoring a goal themselves in open play - When has a team ever reached the Semi Finals scoring just 3 goals in the whole tournament?

The tournament has been a bit of a snoozefest and I really don't think the expansion to 24 teams has helped.
The WC could be even more boring with 48 teams.

Alot of the teams are blaming burn out from too many fixtures during the season - Yet the solution to this is even more games and the creation of a new FIFA Club World Cup.

The quality from the big teams has been shocking except Spain who look like they are going to absolutely walk this tournament.
France are in the Semi Finals without scoring a goal themselves in open play - When has a team ever reached the Semi Finals scoring just 3 goals in the whole tournament?

The tournament has been a bit of a snoozefest and I really don't think the expansion to 24 teams has helped.

Alot of the teams are blaming burn out from too many fixtures during the season - Yet the solution to this is even more games and the creation of a new FIFA Club World Cup.
You're right, it's been pretty dull.
Spain v Germany and Turkey v Austria have been the only good games so far

Agreed. What's even worse is that this edition of Euro is apparently regarded by many as the worst football tournament of all time. The average of goal for this Euro was even worse than the previous football tournaments (either Euro and the World Cup). In comparison, the 1990 World Cup generated an average of 2.21 goals per game from the total of 115 goals (at that time, it was described as one of the worst World Cup of all time). Group C was even worse with only 5 goals being scored. In comparison, Group D of Euro 2020 has 9 goals, which was the lowest amount of goals for all six groups during that edition.

FIFA needs a massive overhaul to stop this "anti-football" sentiments. If this happened again for the future, then football is no longer a beautiful game again.

Very tough games today and I don't know who will go through, but according to tradition, England should win. It will be the most difficult game of the Euro Cup in my opinion.

The Netherlands are going through calmly, I believe with 2-0 on the scoreboard.

We'll see!

Last edited:
I agree with those who are saying this to be one of the worst international tournaments we can remember, with England and France being the main offenders. If these two manage to meet in the final, they should go straight to penalties without tormenting everyone for 120 minutes.

The big tournaments like the Euros, WC and UCL are far too sterile and corporate now. Give me good old fashioned blood and thunder lower league football.

That being said, can we please crack down on the diving again? England have been awful for it, especially Harry Kane.

Netherlands ❤️ You gave us greats like Cruyff, Robben, Gullit, Bergkamp and many more. I hope they will win the trophy 🏆

Another 2 games gone.
England game was again pretty terrible with neither team actually wanting to win the game in extra time.

Turkey v Holland wasn't actually a bad game just a shame that Turkey were clearly tiring and lacked the quality when needed.

The supercomputer I don't think was wrong when it predicted the final to be Spain v Holland.
But pretty sure both France and England will somehow find a way to play their way through and somehow meet in the final - France might even score a goal.

I figured these would be today's results.
I believe the final will be Spain and the Netherlands, but France always benefits in tournaments (whether VAR or judges) and I don't believe England will advance further.
For me, Spain champion and deservedly so!

Now I think Spain and the Netherlands will be the ones that go through the Final. The 2010 World Cup Final replay is much better. France and England, even though the supercomputer had predicted this kind of Final before the tournament had began, are playing a "Moron Football" in this Euro that surely ruined the entirety of beautiful game!

Really gutted for Germany, Portugal, and Switzerland. They should have won their quarterfinals. How embarrassing.

I think they should be more lax on the rules and promote more violent and aggressive game. That way the matches will be more entertaining as a spectator. I say bring more violence in the game, like Football (American).

It's been an unusual tournament. I was thoroughly enjoying it and thought the opening week was great (apart from the opening game...). But it's fizzled out, and I put that squarely at the door of the big teams and players. That's why I'm surprised to read so many people blame the expanded 24 team format and so-called lesser sides.

Perhaps it's fatigue. These teams and players are playing like they're tired. I've started to sympathise with players a little more in this regard, not because of the amount of football per se but the amount of travel required.

We're also witnessing the ongoing death of the superstar. Ronaldo has been like an allegory for the whole thing. Magical players producing magical moments and performances - which every good tournament needs - is becoming a thing of the past. We've said goodbye (Kroos, Modric, Ronaldo) more than we've said hello (Yamal?) this summer and that trend will continue.

That said, when I compare it with other Euros I find I draw a bit of a blank. World Cups I could passionately order from top to bottom, best to worst. Most Euros have washed over me to be honest. 96 and 04 resonate with me. 2020/21 but that was less about the football and more about Scotland being there and the state of the world. Euros just tends to lack pizzazz.

Kinda sad for the Turks last night, they and Georgia played with heart and were most interesting teams to watch. I really enjoyed watching Holland too becouse rhey and Spain played more technical foodball but Holland actually played atractive football instead of Spain.
For me this tournament lacks quality if we compare it with previous Euro's but I guess too many matchess through the season really exhaust the players, not to mention extra time after almost every game.
From the teams that stood still now I want Holland to win it :)

Years ago, I said on another forum, how teams now have system players and no mavericks, no 10.s, no flair and no risk and less fun players, especially all the major national teams, with exception of 1 or 2. Guys disagreed and said I was talking crap. Now it is evident, everywhere you look, Euros, Copa, whatever. Read today, even Bielsa said football is gonna lose it's magic soon, all the creativity has gone.

Greed and money has destroyed real and virtual football. It really makes me sad.
Only solution I see is play retro FIFA/PES and watch retro real games. Can't see things getting better.

Hi i love both england and netherlands tbh i hope it will be a good match !

but what all the time let me think is the England and their players they have everything to win the next world cup or even 2 ones so from now good luck to them as i love them but here is my vision over the team after euro ....
lineup.png
lineup (1).png
lineup (2).png

Hi i love both england and netherlands tbh i hope it will be a good match !

but what all the time let me think is the England and their players they have everything to win the next world cup or even 2 ones so from now good luck to them as i love them but here is my vision over the team after euro ....
I think Kane will probably make the World Cup. He will be about 32 then. The following Euro he will be 34 so not sure if he will be a player that extends his career with the national team. I think he will still be playing but perhaps retired from international football by the time he’s 34.

Back
Top Bottom