UEFA Euro Men 2024

WATKINS!!!!! What a finish!!!! Instant hero!!
Woooooo we’re in the final!!!!!! Yahhhhhh!!!! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Congratulations to our English colleagues. The team deserved it for the first half they played, very good. :APPLAUD:
I still think Spain will win the tournament, but the final with England will be a very tough game and anything can happen.

It's a great finish from Watkins to be fair. I think the Dutch were much improved second half but just didn't do enough to take advantage when they had spells on to.

I've always been a fan of tapas as it goes...

Damn, What a wild ride, I never dreamed I'd live to see England in 2 finals in my lifetime, certainly not this year with the way we started.

What a moment for Watkins, must've wondered what the hell he has to do to get minutes in this regime but what a time to make your moment and write yourself into England folklore.

Now we've just got to solve the problem of Spain. We mustn't fear now. On Paper the Dutch had every right to rip us apart and that didn't happen. Anything is possible in 1 game.

It’s a glorious night. I’m overjoyed! 😄
I always hoped to see us win a trophy in my lifetime and now we’ve got a legitimate shot. Can’t wait for the final vs Spain. It will make for an interesting contest.

@Bastosrsb You’re just happy the French are out 😂

@Marlon Anthony on paper the Dutch rip us apart? You joking? On paper we should beat every team convincingly with the players we have lol

ONE OF OUR OWN:-

watkins169.jpg

Never ever was this an penalty for england. Dumfries just want to block the shoot. I'm lost my interest for this damn boring tournament.

Sorry all fellas from england here at evoweb. I'm happy for you and it aren't offenend against you by my meaning.
But It was so freaking dissapointed how lucky the VAR decesion change the whole match for england. For the minimalized anti-football from the english team.

And the dutch fans seems the best of the whole tournament for my opinion.

100k was marching trough dortmund.

And yea the netherlands have more LFC players than the english team. :RSCARF:

Never ever was this an penalty for england. Dumfries just want to block the shoot. I'm lost my interest for this damn boring tournament.

Sorry all fellas from england here at evoweb. I'm happy for you and it aren't offenend against you by my meaning.
But It was so freaking dissapointed how lucky the VAR decesion change the whole match for england. For the minimalized anti-football from the english team.

If this was any other team this penalty incident wouldn’t have been even half the taking point it’s become. It’s because it’s England that this discussion is still going on.

Also, do you mean most of the Dutch fans? Because there’s been a group of Dutch “fans” that have been going around attacking England fans and stealing their flags:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/c6p2g5n08x3o.amp

People outside England don’t want us in the final… fair enough they’re entitled to their opinion but it’s tough shit really because we’re there so they’re just going to have to deal with it.

Very sad with this kind of final. The 2 teams who didn't deserve to get there meet in the final.

Spain, which I loved between 2008-2012 (a period when the country had dominated the entire football at that time) are nowadays, like so many big teams in Europe, a team that plays a coward style, which amuses no one. They might have a good squad depth in this tournament and even played some kind of good football, but against certain big teams (like Italy, Germany, and France in this Euro), it's not a very convincing results. The quarterfinal clash against Germany is notable example. During the extra time, one Spanish defender was clearly caught a handball inside the box, but the English referee ignored the decision on giving a penalty to the host country. It was so freaking disappointed how lucky the VAR decision change the whole match for Spain (and even England, after the semifinal vs the Netherlands).

As for England, what a credit: they found the key to prevent them from getting eliminated "let's wait for the opponents to score the goal at first and hope it all gets settled by the stunning comeback winning goal".

I was rooting for Germany vs the Netherlands Euro 2024 Final, but I have lost my interest for this boring Euro.

The handball rule really needs to change. Although neither Cucurella or Saka meant to handle the ball against Germany and Netherlands respectively, they both hand a major bearing on the game. At that point, deliberateness should be taken out of the equation. No further punishment, but a foul.

I much prefer this Spain team to the dominant Del Bosque one. It was probably the best national side I'll ever see, but I didn't find it entertaining as a neutral. They were almost too good, and I find possession football is dull.

I don't think the tournament has been that bad. I can't remember seeing many complaints during the group stage, and believe the negativity is born out of frustration that most of the big teams and players have been minging.

I much prefer this Spain team to the dominant Del Bosque one. It was probably the best national side I'll ever see, but I didn't find it entertaining as a neutral. They were almost too good, and I find possession football is dull.

Absolutely. Could not stand that 2010-12 team (2008 was different - in a good way) and their sterile possession football.

Each to their own, but frankly, I cannot understand how anyone can think Spain did not deserve to be in the final. When favorites were all struggling, they were probably the only ones that kept playing at their true level - and probably above that. If we look purely from quality and performance side, Spain - Germany should have been the most fitting final.

While I found the group stage really exciting (except group c) the knock out rounds became kind of boring. I guess it was because of teams like Georgia, Austria, Turkey who played some refreshing kind of offensive football while the so called big teams like Italy, France, England played with extreme ball possession. I was more like they focussed more on not to lose than to win, which is probably not the most interesting kind of football to watch.
France reached the semifinals with 3 goals - a penalty and 2 own goals. England reached the final with, sorry fellow English here, only 45 minutes of good and offensive football. But in the end – who wins is right. So I guess England deserves the final. Spain for me is the big favourite though, they won every single game so far. The only time they really had problems was when they faced Germany, the only team they met who wanted to have the ball for themselves too.

Absolutely. Could not stand that 2010-12 team (2008 was different - in a good way) and their sterile possession football.

Each to their own, but frankly, I cannot understand how anyone can think Spain did not deserve to be in the final. When favorites were all struggling, they were probably the only ones that kept playing at their true level - and probably above that. If we look purely from quality and performance side, Spain - Germany should have been the most fitting final.

Agree. By far and away, Spain deserve to win it. They and Germany are/were the only two teams that showed both quality and coherence throughout the competition. Netherlands had flashes, England are coming together. Italy, France and Portugal were a mess.

The best third places in group stage is the first problem of this competition, teams no longer take risks.

World Cup is going to be the same.
48 teams go down to 32 - So a lot of 3rd placed teams will go through there too.

The increasing number of teams have really damaged the quality of football in the Euros - As you could now technically get to the final by not winning a game or even scoring.
It is now much more important to not lose than to win the game.

Got to agree regards the negative approach from a lot of teams, and I think it's fair to say Scotland were by far the worst (I'm firmly in the Clarke out camp after that shambles against Hungary btw). There's a fear of loosing rather than a desire to win. England and France are perhaps the best two examples of this - both have quality squads that could play some really attacking football if they wanted but instead they've both tried to shit-fest their way to glory.

I think it's symptomatic of "elite" football these days though; look how many UCL knock out games, or top of the table clashes in the 5 big leagues, that end up being absolute snore fests. I said before it's corporate, sterile nonsense that seems to be taken football away from the average fan.

Georgia at least had a go at teams, I was rooting for them to do well.

You must be new to the planet. Name me a team that hasn't been royally shafted by Var at some point, club or international. They won't even give our football gods Ronaldo and Messi a break. Shit happens in football. How you react to that shit makes you somewhere on the scale between knobhead and legend; choose wisely.

You must be new to the planet. Name me a team that hasn't been royally shafted by Var at some point, club or international. They won't even give our football gods Ronaldo and Messi a break. Shit happens in football. How you react to that shit makes you somewhere on the scale between knobhead and legend; choose wisely.
Like I said before. It’s because it’s England, that’s why it’s considered some sort of crime. People don’t want us in the final and they certainly don’t want us to win it. Before I wanted us to win it because we’ve waited a long time for a trophy and I’d really like to see it happen! Now as well as this, I want us to win it so I can rub it in their faces and preach dominance of Europe. I’ve been very gracious of pretty much every team and respectful of their countries. If we win I’m now going to gloat to high heaven

There were several plays in several games that should have been scored and weren't. There were also a lot of things marked that shouldn't have been. Many errors by VAR and referees.
The unmarked penalty against Cucurella was scandalous, as was the non-penalty against Kane (he shoots early and wide). Anyway, that's football, but I find VAR and all these electronic devices quite annoying, as they make the game mechanical and rigid. It gets worse, because currently players don't have 1% of the class and technique of the old ones. They generate boring games.
I respect, but I disagree with some colleagues, because Spain has played well and deserves to be champions.
I believe the game will be 2-1 for Spain, but England could surprise because they played a good game against the Netherlands.

Ps: if you found this Euro Cup boring, download videos of the truly beautiful games... Brazil, Italy, Argentina, Holland... MIlan, Ajax... ALL OLD, because that's what football was! Football today has become business and marketing.

Last edited:
Like I said before. It’s because it’s England, that’s why it’s considered some sort of crime. People don’t want us in the final and they certainly don’t want us to win it. Before I wanted us to win it because we’ve waited a long time for a trophy and I’d really like to see it happen! Now as well as this, I want us to win it so I can rub it in their faces and preach dominance of Europe. I’ve been very gracious of pretty much every team and respectful of their countries. If we win I’m now going to gloat to high heaven
It's a shame though that some would begrudge us a bit of silverware. It's been 58 years!
I know we haven't been brilliant, but we are in the final and a win would be amazing. Spain themselves know what it's like to under achieve for years (up until 2008).
Just this once during my lifetime would be great. I don't know how, or care anymore how we do it. Lets just have a good try.

I never dreamed we would go this far to the final but let's at least enjoy making it here. Win or lose.

It's a shame though that some would begrudge us a bit of silverware. It's been 58 years!
I know we haven't been brilliant, but we are in the final and a win would be amazing. Spain themselves know what it's like to under achieve for years (up until 2008).
Just this once during my lifetime would be great. I don't know how, or care anymore how we do it. Lets just have a good try.

I never dreamed we would go this far to the final but let's at least enjoy making it here. Win or lose.
I don’t know what to tell you, Europe hates us. The irony is that we invented the game and they wouldn’t even be playing it if it wasn’t for us. Football games that everyone loves wouldn’t exist either, and neither would this forum! Lol
Oh well, England vs Europe it is then 😂

I don’t know what to tell you, Europe hates us. The irony is that we invented the game and they wouldn’t even be playing it if it wasn’t for us. Football games that everyone loves wouldn’t exist either, and neither would this forum! Lol
Oh well, England vs Europe it is then 😂
I think it's fair to say though... although we did create the game. It was a Scottish team that first brought the idea of passing to the game. So it goes to show that the creators aren't always the masters. Scotland though don't like us to a point where some will buy Spanish shirts 😂

Look, I've traveled a lot around the world for work and the only team that I can say with absolute certainty that is hated is France! Not even the French like their team, which is highly divided internally.
You English are seeing something that doesn't exist. In the past, English football was just about crossing the box and someone scoring a header. This has been changing for a while now and perhaps the time has come for an important title at the Euros. Foreigners in the premier league helped a lot in the renewal of football in the country. For me, it's the best league to watch football games.
Unlike Brazil, for example, which was fantastic in the past, but nowadays it is one of the worst teams in the world and the country's championship is reduced to a lack of quality and corruption scandals.

Ps: If you are in Asia, Beckham is still loved today, as are Ferdinand and Giggs. Bellingham today is a phenomenal player!

I think it's fair to say though... although we did create the game. It was a Scottish team that first brought the idea of passing to the game. So it goes to show that the creators aren't always the masters. Scotland though don't like us to a point where some will buy Spanish shirts 😂

Haha. What I find hilarious is that in England we’re told to cheer on Scotland, Wales and N. Ireland because they’re part of the UK. We’re even told to cheer on Republic of Ireland too… who aren’t even in the UK. There’s literally not one person in any of those countries that would cheer us on. Except @Flipper the Priest who has the torture of being stuck in the middle lol

@Bastosrsb the reason Man Utd players are loved in Asia is because Manchester United toured Asia to increase their brand appeal and finances for Pre Season and they adopted us.
I’m talking about Europe that dislikes England not Asia, South America etc.

Back
Top Bottom