UEFA Euro Men 2024

Haha. What I find hilarious is that in England we’re told to cheer on Scotland, Wales and N. Ireland because they’re part of the UK. We’re even told to cheer on Republic of Ireland too… who aren’t even in the UK. There’s literally not one person in any of those countries that would cheer us on. Except @Flipper the Priest who has the torture of being stuck in the middle lol

@Bastosrsb the reason Man Utd players are loved in Asia is because Manchester United toured Asia to increase their Brad appeal and finances for Pre Season and they adopted us.
I’m taking about Europe that dislikes England not Asia, South America etc.
I've been to Scotland and they actually have a huge rivalry with the English. 😅

I've been to Scotland and they actually have a huge rivalry with the English. 😅
They have a rivalry with us sure. We however are completely indifferent to them as far as football goes. Noisy neighbours, nowhere near the level of England.

Predictions for tomorrow?
England from the beginning… England til the end.
I’m extremely worried about their wingers Yamal and Williams. If we’re playing a back 3 again then the side midfielders really need to concentrate on getting back to make it a 5 in defence when we haven’t got the ball because although Yamal is the more skilful player, I think Williams pace could be devastating to us. Luckily Kyle Walker… probably the only player that can hang with him for pace will be present but if Nico Williams goes out to the right hand side it’s going to be a real issue for us.
The bookies have made Spain favourite for this game but that’s based on how they’ve recently been playing. They weren’t a favourite to win the tournament before it started so I think all it would take for us to win would be a further improved performance on the Netherlands game. We’ve got the depth and the quality in our squad that can change a game. I want Kane to start the match and Watkins to be used as a sub towards the end of the match when the players are getting tired. Basically, like the last game.

Yes, around 20.00 I will be as nervous as hell 😁
Same. I'm too nervous about that game. I couldn't even predict for this Euro Final, but I would say if England win this Euro, the atmosphere around the world would be full of madness. It's just like how Portugal won the Euro 2016 despite of unconvincing performances, but for the England's case, with a slightly better squad depth.
Same for the Copa America Final. Colombia were seemingly unstoppable right now, but if they beat Argentina, who were defending Copa America and World Cup winners, it's still the greatest upsets in football history like England beating Spain.

They have a rivalry with us sure. We however are completely indifferent to them as far as football goes. Noisy neighbours, nowhere near the level of England.

'We' is a bit of a reach there! There's definitely no comparison now in terms of footballing ability but there's still plenty of needle on both sides of the border! England fans don't sing 'Scotland get battered...' all the time for no reason.

Also, earlier, you said you're told to support the other home nations. By whom?! You get public figures and non-football people saying to the wider publics we should support each other but that'll never happen.

Personally I think it's embarrassing how much some Scottish folk genuinely want England to lose. For the vast majority, though, it's little to with England per se but the level of media coverage, a lot of which we share.

Anyway, the point I always make to anyone who says this is: just switch it off. It's 2024, you can pick and choose what you watch and read. The England team itself is quite likeable, and that's mainly down to Southgate I think. He's made them far more affable and approachable.

As for the game, I think it'll be really tight. It'll be won and lost in midfield, where you've probably got the two best in the world right now going face to face in Rodri and Bellingham. I just want it to be a good game. Finals rarely are. Apart from the 2022 WC final (which itself was shit for 70 minutes) there's barely been a good major tournament final in my lifetime.

The relationship between Scotland and England is quite a complex one, both in terms of history and sociopolitical factors and isn't something that could be adequately explained on a football gaming forum. But it cannot be simply dismissed as Scotland being bitter cause we are a bit crap.

I'd say it should be pretty obvious why Ireland don't support England though...

Anyways, as for the game, I think its probably going be your standard tight final, quite cagey with not too many clear cut chances. These finals are never great games in themselves.

So true. And it infuriates me when I read that accusation!
You sure? 😂
Seriously though Scotland have had some great players but never at the same time.

Oh and referring to your reply: Told to support UK teams by yes public figures but also previous generations of people. Yet they don’t support us so I quit supporting other uk teams quite some time ago.

Same. I'm too nervous about that game. I couldn't even predict for this Euro Final, but I would say if England win this Euro, the atmosphere around the world would be full of madness. It's just like how Portugal won the Euro 2016 despite of unconvincing performances, but for the England's case, with a slightly better squad depth.
Same for the Copa America Final. Colombia were seemingly unstoppable right now, but if they beat Argentina, who were defending Copa America and World Cup winners, it's still the greatest upsets in football history like England beating Spain.
Your theory makes sense. Both with England and Colombia.
I think the game will be very tough, but I believe in a slight advantage for the Spanish.

@scottish_carson Congratulations on the sensible explanation. :APPLAUD:

Let's enjoy the final and hope for a great game!!!

I’m heading out early.
I’ll return later either like this:

IMG-0109.jpg

Or like this:

IMG-0111.jpg

Please go Gareth. I'd rather go out in the first round trying, than have to watch us throw away any chance of winning another final.

(And you, Harry.)

Spain were the best team, not just in the final but in the tournament. It would have been incredibly unfair for England to have won by playing the same shit keep-ball 96th-minute-equaliser "we write our own script" shit.

Going to get a Lamal shirt tomorrow, he was an inspiration throughout.

Please go Gareth. I'd rather go out in the first round trying, than have to watch us throw away any chance of winning another final.

(And you, Harry.)

Spain were the best team, not just in the final but in the tournament. It would have been incredibly unfair for England to have won by playing the same shit keep-ball 96th-minute-equaliser "we write our own script" shit.

Going to get a Lamal shirt tomorrow, he was an inspiration throughout.
Who's going to come in though? I don't disagree he's tactically naive, but if you go with another English manager who is there? Potter? Howe? At least he got rid of that club team clique

Who's going to come in though? I don't disagree he's tactically naive, but if you go with another English manager who is there? Potter? Howe? At least he got rid of that club team clique
Frankly, no idea, but anyone who will come in and have world class players play attacking football instead of playing for a draw against Slovenia, never mind Spain, is okay by me. Including Potter and Howe (though given Howe is enjoying Dubai money, I can't see him doing that).

Best team of the tourney won for sure but wtf was the ref thinking at the very end? Two Spaniards on the floor for most of the OT but not a second added. He was brilliant apart from that.

Reactions: Tom
Southgate has gone as far as he can go, It's the limit for him and he's had more that a generous amount of oppurtunitues, It's a new managers turn now. We need a fresh pair of eyes who's gonna have the balls to call a spade a spade. Kane just can't perform to the standard that's expected internationally and it's a great travesty that you've got two fit strong hungry strikers wasting away on the bench until the final minutes of the game. Toney especially must feel so insulted and humiliated coming on near stoppage time.

Palmer continued to make an arse of Southgate coming on and instantly being impactful.

Spain's winning goal was brilliant one touch football and a testament to the way they've played all tournament, great to see them back in the conversation as the world's great team again.

Back
Top Bottom