UEFA Euro Men 2024

One way traffic pretty much. The good thing for Italy is that the Swiss have only scored 1 goal because the game could have been beyond Italy by half time. I have no idea how Italy can turn it around, they’ve been awful in attack. I know Italy haven’t been amazing in the tournament but apart from the score line been close at 1-0 the teams are anything but close. Im surprised how dominant Switzerland have been.

Wow what do I know.
I wish Italy were like this three years ago lol.
If only England could play like Switzerland, we'd be happy.

Wow what do I know.
I wish Italy were like this three years ago lol.
If only England could play like Switzerland, we'd be happy.
Don’t worry I thought it would at least be close too. I’ve mentioned before about this not actually looking like Italy and they played similar to how England have been playing but worse. In retrospect I would have preferred Italy to get lucky and go through because if England beat Slovakia I think we play Switzerland in the quarter final (if we beat Slovakia). Switzerland worry me.

I already imagined that Switzerland would pass!
Nowadays, football is about physical strength, absurd rush (if you have just that, you win the game) and the ability to maintain your disposition and tactical formation at any cost. Quality, technique and magic are already in the past, and there were no better teams than Italy, Brazil, France...
Austria should pass too, playing like Switzerland today.
Spain and Portugal take care, as the Georgia and Slovenia teams will be a lot of work!

PS: Those of us who saw games from the 70s, 80s and 90s need to keep them forever, whoever saw them, saw them. It will no longer exist.

I already imagined that Switzerland would pass!
Nowadays, football is about physical strength, absurd rush (if you have just that, you win the game) and the ability to maintain your disposition and tactical formation at any cost. Quality, technique and magic are already in the past, and there were no better teams than Italy, Brazil, France...
Austria should pass too, playing like Switzerland today.
Spain and Portugal take care, as the Georgia and Slovenia teams will be a lot of work!

PS: Those of us who saw games from the 70s, 80s and 90s need to keep them forever, whoever saw them, saw them. It will no longer exist.

Nah if it’s just all about strength and pace then African nations would dominate world cups.
Players still need qualities like passing accuracy, ball control and football intelligence. It’s when players have those qualities + pace and strength then they are formidable.
I thought the Swiss would win too but I thought it would be a close game. I didn’t think at any time Italy could score a goal during that match. I wasn’t watching Italy I was watching FC generic again.

VAR and Michael Oliver can go and fuck themselves
I think it’s more that UEFA and it’s rules can go f*** themselves lol
Not saying Denmark would have won but It did change the game. Overall Germany were better but Denmark did deserve a goal.

I think it’s more that UEFA and it’s rules can go f*** themselves lol
Not saying Denmark would have won but It did change the game. Overall Germany were better but Denmark did deserve a goal.
Why? Because they scored an offside goal?
What about the regular goal scored by Germany in the first half?

Why? Because they scored an offside goal?
What about the regular goal scored by Germany in the first half?
The decision of disallowing the goal changed the game. I’m not saying it shouldn’t have been disallowed because by the law of UEFA it was the correct decision. I’m saying that the rules are messed up and need changing. For the record, I wanted Germany to win.

In a world economy where legal and illegal betting overshadow the entire income from legal football activity worldwide combined, you'll never convince me VAR wasn't introduced to help with match-fixing.
I'm not so sure, if it was introduced with that in mind. But you do raise a good point.

In a world economy where legal and illegal betting overshadow the entire income from legal football activity worldwide combined, you'll never convince me VAR wasn't introduced to help with match-fixing.
What annoys me about VAR till now, is how subjective its usage can be.

You can have a crazy referee who can take every decision on himself, like old Colina, you can have a referee that goes to check a simple throw in, and you can have someone that allows 1,5 minutes of additional action, until he goes to reverse the match to the point he wants to check, like the Penalty of Georgia against Portugal.

When VAR was introduced, I assumed it would be used like the commissioners desk in basketball, European and NBA. Watching every questionable whistle, and honking the horn and stopping the action when a whistle is false, or a goal is offside or whatever.

By how it was used until now, i find it very sublime and anticlimactic, and i still prefer the good ol' human error days.

Only the goal line technology is something i find has added something gamechanging.

Unbelievable turnaround. I was saying a couple of days ago England might be better off going behind first instead of scoring early and parking the bus.

England has something really special with Bellingham.. What a player. Plays with the poise and maturity of someone 10 years older.
Really a throwback player in terms of attitude and personality IMO.

England has something really special with Bellingham.. What a player. Plays with the poise and maturity of someone 10 years older.
Really a throwback player in terms of attitude and personality IMO.
He's been a lot better tonight and has looked more like his usual self. He seemed exhausted & absent in their last 2 games.

What a game!, although I still think that England have a lot to improve, they can really dream big with this Euro, their talented players are the difference, Belligham and Kane can be crucial in moments of decision, as was shown today

As for yesterday's game, Italy is a dead team, a generation without talent that left me wondering how this team won the last Euro...

Well we scraped through…. Again. Although I’d like to see us be more attacking and dynamic, I’ve got no problem with us scraping through every game if it results in a win lol

Great goal by Jude though.

Sorry @millossobek Spain were convincing. Georgia couldn’t do much against them.

Congratulations to our English colleagues, it was difficult, but it worked!
Yes, gentlemen, I think Spain will become champion, they are playing easy.

Not sure where people are seeing any positivity in England's game yesterday. Same old performance of the group stage and really lucky to be through. The only difference they have compared to Italy this year is big names that can make a difference when nothing else is working.

How many more wake up calls do England need. The few positives were Jude Bellingham's last gasp superbly taken goal.
Palmer's desire to play the game, and trying to make things happen. Ivan Toney's introduction, and one other player who came on (whose name escapes me).

These players made a difference to an otherwise ordinary team who seemed well off the pace.

Surely if we turn up against Switzerland like this we will lose.

Something major has to change in Southgates thinking. We only had a couple of shots on target the whole game. We can't keep stinking the place out and

expect to get through.

We’ve been saying from the first game if England play like “this” they won’t get far etc. they’re still playing the same and managing to get through. Granted, Switzerland will be the strongest team we’ve faced so far but I can’t see why we don’t go through again 🤷‍♂️

We’ve been saying from the first game if England play like “this” they won’t get far etc. they’re still playing the same and managing to get through. Granted, Switzerland will be the strongest team we’ve faced so far but I can’t see why we don’t go through again 🤷‍♂️
The reason we are still in, is by luck more than judgement. This win at all costs mentality is not how football should be played. I would hate to think we won the tournament with these type of displays. Also i don't think our nerves could take it, lol.

The reason we are still in, is by luck more than judgement. This win at all costs mentality is not how football should be played. I would hate to think we won the tournament with these type of displays. Also i don't think our nerves could take it, lol.
On paper we should have battered every team we’ve played so far but as we know football generally plays out very differently than how we expect it to. What we do know is that England like to drag us through a range of emotions and as you said nerves and extreme anxiety is one of these 😂
I would like us to play amazing football and dominate games but I’ve got to say that I’ve got no problem with us potentially winning it (hard to believe I know) by playing bad football. The result is what matters in the end. If we do get knocked out playing this way then of course the criticism will be just. I kind of like living on the edge haha

On paper we should have battered every team we’ve played so far but as we know football generally plays out very differently than how we expect it to. What we do know is that England like to drag us through a range of emotions and as you said nerves and extreme anxiety is one of these 😂
I would like us to play amazing football and dominate games but I’ve got to say that I’ve got no problem with us potentially winning it (hard to believe I know) by playing bad football. The result is what matters in the end. If we do get knocked out playing this way then of course the criticism will be just. I kind of like living on the edge haha
What I will say is for the Switzerland game, we need to go for the throat.
Similar to Scotland's mentality when they played them. We may as well be hung for a sheep instead of a lamb. At least then we could say we had a good go.
I don't blame the players as such for their lack of desire or commitment, that's been ok. But we don't seem to have a good game plan.

What I will say is for the Switzerland game, we need to go for the throat.
Similar to Scotland's mentality when they played them. We may as well be hung for a sheep instead of a lamb. At least then we could say we had a good go.
I don't blame the players as such for their lack of desire or commitment, that's been ok. But we don't seem to have a good game plan.
Yeah, I mean we might have no other option but attack if Switzerland score first and it’s another feeling I have that they might do that. It would be nice to see us crush them but all these games are going to be close affairs from now on I’d imagine.

Back
Top Bottom