UEFA Euro Men 2024

"Croatia will have to hope they will end up as one of the best third-placed teams - which is a long shot on two points and a goal difference of -3. They need England to beat Slovenia by three or more goals, Denmark to beat Serbia, Turkey to beat the Czech Republic and Portugal to beat Georgia"

If they need England to bang in 3 or more goals, I think they might be a bit fucked :D

"Croatia will have to hope they will end up as one of the best third-placed teams - which is a long shot on two points and a goal difference of -3. They need England to beat Slovenia by three or more goals, Denmark to beat Serbia, Turkey to beat the Czech Republic and Portugal to beat Georgia"

If they need England to bang in 3 or more goals, I think they might be a bit fucked :D
I think we’ll beat them by more than 1 goal, that’s all I would like to say at the moment 👍😄

Your bloody right there mate. Poor Modric & Co may as well start packing now.
I think we’ll beat them by more than 1 goal, that’s all I would like to say at the moment 👍😄
That'll be a goal from us and a own goal from them then. 😂 The hype train will be firmly back on track then. Btw they are always free to prove me wrong 😋

Your bloody right there mate. Poor Modric & Co may as well start packing now.

That'll be a goal from us and a own goal from them then. 😂 The hype train will be firmly back on track then. Btw they are always free to prove me wrong 😋
Haha possibly.

All seriousness though, I think we will win 3-0 or greater. At least we should be beating Slovenia by a decent margin anyway. I want Kane to score at least 2 just to shut people up about him.

What game the HOL-AUS one was. Austria are looking more and more like the dark horses of the tournament. I really fancied the Dutch prior to this one.

We're giving England stick, I wonder how the French feel about their riteous team right now. Own goal against Austria, goalless against the Dutch and a 1-1 draw today with Poland. Hardly looking like a force right now.

Time for England, I was very excited about England before the tournament but it's been a sucession of underwhelming performances. I hope Gallagher can add some intensity and energy to this midfield tonight but of course there's a bigger problem here and it's getting them to actually play football after scoring a goal.

I hope we don't score early as typically they park the bus once they do. They might actually work for a win if they're held for a long time this time.

What game the HOL-AUS one was. Austria are looking more and more like the dark horses of the tournament. I really fancied the Dutch prior to this one.

We're giving England stick, I wonder how the French feel about their riteous team right now. Own goal against Austria, goalless against the Dutch and a 1-1 draw today with Poland. Hardly looking like a force right now.

Time for England, I was very excited about England before the tournament but it's been a sucession of underwhelming performances. I hope Gallagher can add some intensity and energy to this midfield tonight but of course there's a bigger problem here and it's getting them to actually play football after scoring a goal.

I hope we don't score early as typically they park the bus once they do. They might actually work for a win if they're held for a long time this time.
You’ve got your wish… we haven’t scored early… or at all yet 😒

With all due respect to the English friends here on the forum. Every time I feel like watching England games, the game starts, I wait about 20 minutes and then I turn off the TV. There are even 3 good players, but the squad is very weak. Bellingham and Phoden are really good players... The rest have millionaire contracts and are too weak! You can say what you want about Kane, but he's one of the worst strikers I've ever seen and he doesn't make any difference on the pitch.
Anyone who has seen Van Basten, Henry, Ronaldo play, it seems like a joke to see this "post" play and win what he wins.
I miss the classic players, those were fantastic!
On the other hand, some teams surprised me, like Slovakia itself (very well organized). I'm really rooting for Portugal!!! :D

PS: I didn't say that to offend anyone, it's just a football vision. I have respect for everyone and for those who think differently than me. My Brazil, even though it was once huge in football, today is also nothing more than a mediocre team that only has hope in a single player, Vini Júnior. Too sad.

You’ve got your wish… we haven’t scored early… or at all yet 😒
I'm hoping this will put the good kind of pressure on them and give them a kick up the arse to try for goal instead of the pussy foot back passing.
You can say what you want about Kane, but he's one of the worst strikers I've ever seen and he doesn't make any difference on the pitch.
You'd have a point if Kane didn't literally just dominate the Bundesliga as top scorer. That tells me he's not the problem but rather the service he's not getting for England.

Bayern play a lot more direct of a style than England do. How can the man score of they never get the ball into the box for him?

Serbia is starting to move up and have subbed in all offensive power they have, could be a interesting final 20 min

Ranking will decide which team gets second place in the group, so it looks like Denmark, equal in points/goals/cards

https://www.uefa.com/euro2024/match/2036189--england-vs-slovenia/statistics/

71% possession, 698 completed passes with 92% passing accuracy and we couldn’t score a goal.

Too much short passing, side passing and back passing. We’ve got to be more direct.
The positive is that we’ve played like this and still topped the group so there’s that.

@Bastosrsb No offence taken. I wouldn’t say the players are weak, it’s more that either they don’t seem motivated or are fatigued. We’re playing very slow football. On paper this group of players are collectively the best we’ve ever had. On paper.

Last edited:
Just wow... What times we're living, where some teams are celebrating when they've got 3 points in 3 matches like they were winning the cup itself, and others also very proud when they've got 5 points in 3 below average matches. Pele and Maradona are rolling in their graves right now...

What a shit group this has been, no one (except Slovenia) deserves to go through honestly.
Denmark and Serbia underperforming, England...
Let's leave it at that
Yeah it’s not exactly been thrilling has it. Knockout stages is always good though so we’ll get some drama there for sure.

@etb10dmk Theyre celebrating because they’ve qualified for the knockouts. Pele and Maradona are irrelevant since this is the Euros and not the World Cup or Copa.

The positive is that we’ve played like this and still topped the group so there’s that.
It's hard to be positive when we've topped the group in the most unflattering manner possible. 2 goals in 3 games with one of them coming from a defender error doesn't exactly scream best team in the group. The maths of the table say we are in Group C but these is very concerning heading into cut throat knockout stage football. We'd be lucky if we get to penalties with this performance.

The thing that pisses me off too is that they're talking about getting the easier team in the knockout stages, it's such a self defeating attitude. We should be saying "yeah bring on Germany, Spain and Italy, we can beat them. Instead we're hoping to limp through, only as we've seen, there's no such thing as easy teams in this tournament. We struggled against Slovenia.

Should be more exciting, hoping for better games tmw as well

I think tomorrow I’ll just watch the Turkey Vs Czech game.

@Marlon Anthony
Every team would want to play a “weaker” team if possible. Would you seriously want us to play Germany after seeing us in the group stages? We need a weaker team to try and sort out the issues we’ve got otherwise we’ll be sent home packing.

https://www.uefa.com/euro2024/match/2036189--england-vs-slovenia/statistics/

71% possession, 698 completed passes with 92% passing accuracy and we couldn’t score a goal.

Too much short passing, side passing and back passing. We’ve got to be more direct.

@Bastosrsb No offence taken. I wouldn’t say the players are weak, it’s more that either they don’t seem motivated or are fatigued. We’re playing very slow football. On paper this group of players are collectively the best we’ve ever had. On paper.
I agree with what you said. Great team on paper, good names, but they seem tired and lacking desire.
I really wanted to see Saka break out too, I think he has a lot of potential.
In the past, the world stopped to watch England v Italy. A Germany x Brazil. It's a shame that football has changed so much.

I agree with what you said. Great team on paper, good names, but they seem tired and lacking desire.
I really wanted to see Saka break out too, I think he has a lot of potential.
Saka is generally one of our best players. Not really sure what’s going on with him. He’s been mediocre like the rest of the team. Palmer might end up taking his place if he doesn’t improve.

If we played Italy, Spain or Germany in the KO stage and we play like that again then we’re going to get a royal spanking the likes we haven’t seen in a long time.

In fact, the last time we got thrashed in the KO stage after struggling through the group was by Germany in WC 2010, we got thrashed 4-1, and that was the one with Lampard's phantom goal that crossed the line by 6 yards and the referee clearly daydreaming about the shit he needed take at half time instead instead of watching the match.

@etb10dmk Theyre celebrating because they’ve qualified for the knockouts. Pele and Maradona are irrelevant since this is the Euros and not the World Cup or Copa.

Yes what a progress, those minimum points playing the lottery with draws and then celebrate that like they're winning the EURO. Regarding Pele and Maradona, that was just an example: could be also Cruyff, Beckenbauer +1000 more just from Europe alone...

Every team would want to play a “weaker” team if possible. Would you seriously want us to play Germany after seeing us in the group stages? We need a weaker team to try and sort out the issues we’ve got otherwise we’ll be sent home packing.
I mean in our context of course not, we'd be Scotland 2.0 if we did. But I can't imagine Spain or Germany celebrating getting the easier draw the way we are.
Saka is generally one of our best players. Not really sure what’s going on with him. He’s been mediocre like the rest of the team. Palmer might end up taking his place if he doesn’t improve.
It's just what he's limited with. for Arsenal he's got runners to work off and they play a no nonsense, 2 touch football style when attacking. Saka's great but he's not Messi. He can't be expected to cut inside and create moments of brilliance if there's no one willing to 1-2 pass with.

There were so many moments in there were we fizzed the ball into the box and there was simply no one there.

I mean in our context of course not, we'd be Scotland 2.0 if we did. But I can't imagine Spain or Germany celebrating getting the easier draw the way we are.

It's just what he's limited with. for Arsenal he's got runners to work off and they play a no nonsense, 2 touch football style when attacking. Saka's great but he's not Messi. He can't be expected to cut inside and create moments of brilliance if there's no one willing to 1-2 pass with.

There were so many moments in there were we fizzed the ball into the box and there was simply no one there.

It’s only this tournament he hasn’t impressed. Normally he’s one of the stand out players for England so I don’t think we can say it’s because he’s not playing with Arsenal players. The entire first team have been lethargic which includes Saka.
Moving forward he should start but if he’s not doing much and Palmer is playing better then Saka should be dropped. Now we’re in the knockouts we don’t really have time to wait for someone to drastically improve.
Personally, I think we need to Start Mainoo as I’ve previously mentioned. Not because he’s a Utd player but just because he provides a calmness, can cover well, has a knack of keeping the ball in difficult situations and he can also find a pass and even score should the opportunity arise.

Back
Top Bottom