UEFA Euro Men 2024

Well done to the Scots for keeping their hopes alive. Great to see the fans being piped to the stadium.

Also well done to Germany and thank you for winning me a £100 bet :D

Italy is no longer the one from its heyday, but if they play well against Spain, for me they will become top 3 for the win. Italian football always gets there!
I continue with Germany, Portugal and who knows... Italy
Belgium always surprises me, lots of names and little football. Stars in the leagues who don't play well together in the national team.

Denmark can cause some problem to England because i think none of us was convinced by their previous game against Serbia

I can't wait the Spain vs. Italy of tonight, Italy can do something but Spain look very strong and in control

England were really sluggish and lethargic as that half went on, nobody wanted to run, Foden gave up and thought "fuck it, I'll do it myself" even though he made a couple of poor decisions. But, I'd rather more of that than everyone standing about like a game of FC24.

Going to be honest, listening to the English media have a meltdown about the performance is absolutely delicious.

My favourite excuse so far is that it's hot and pitch is poor...because obviously Denmark are playing on a different pitch in lovely conditions.

Going to be honest, listening to the English media have a meltdown about the performance is absolutely delicious.

My favourite excuse so far is that it's hot and pitch is poor...because obviously Denmark are playing on a different pitch in lovely conditions.
Yeah definitely, Denmark were the much stronger and sharper team. They deserved a victory really. England were playing like it was an inconvenient friendly.

Bellingham who was the shining star in the Serbia game was completley invisible in this. The only notable thing he did was play the pass to Watkins to have a strike at the near post.

This is another typical England tournament performance, score early and lose all desire to get another, sit back and concede. Fuck sake.

england - the biggest dissapointment of the tournament. bad coach with bad selection of players.
Unless they do a Portugal 2016 I can't see them advancing past the last 16, I expect them to go out with a whimper which would be a travesty considering the talent they have, however you wouldn't think these were world class players domestically today.

You can't have an off day in a tournament, 2 games in and they haven't played with any authority at all. Our goal came off the back of a mistake too, so it's not like they scored a goal off their own merit and quality.

Lamine Yamal, he's the Luke Littler of football.

Southgate is holding this England team to ransom, like a communist dictator

Yea, really poor match from Italy v Real Vardrid-Uefalona and some spanish randome guys.

I mean what happened with them over some days. Ok Italy sleeped the first minutes v Albania and after the 0:1 they made an 2:1 and had more chances to make more goals but didn't score. But after all it was well played and controlled the match.

How is it possible with the same starting 11 to do such a passive way, completley affraid and really poor game?

Hopefully next match v Croatia spalleti give raspadori a chance to play at starting lineup with scamacca together. I loved it how both played at Sassuolo together.
And don't make in such an early stage of the match a sub with defender like cambiaso.

This was nothing from Italy. 🤌🤌

Yea, really poor match from Italy v Real Vardrid-Uefalona and some spanish randome guys.

I mean what happened with them over some days. Ok Italy sleeped the first minutes v Albania and after the 0:1 they made an 2:1 and had more chances to make more goals but didn't score. But after all it was well played and controlled the match.

How is it possible with the same starting 11 to do such a passive way, completley affraid and really poor game?

Hopefully next match v Croatia spalleti give raspadori a chance to play at starting lineup with scamacca together. I loved it how both played at Sassuolo together.
And don't make in such an early stage of the match a sub with defender like cambiaso.

This was nothing from Italy. 🤌🤌
You are Italian right?
Do you think they play like Italians? They seem to have a lack of identity.

england - the biggest disappointment in the history of football. bad coach with bad selection of players.
I fixed your quote. In terms of population and facilities and our history, we are the biggest bottlers in the history of the World. I put it down to an inferiority complex, we are scared and feel inferior to Italians, Spanish, Brazilians, Argentinians, Dutch etc.

Get all these idiots to a shrink and DEMAND they play without this stupid fear inside them. Play aggressive pressing football and just attack ffs, at least try something good, that isn't this scared defensive bullshit year after year.

Well i suppose the England fans who are still blinded by the hype will believe that we can get better, and are top of the group and will qualify for the next stage etc.
But what remains is a team who will fail, once the really good teams come calling. I predicted a 1-1 draw.

This reminds me of the world cup in 2006 (and other countless competitions), where we stumbled through the group stage, then got found out in the quarter final.
Lets be honest here, for a team that is average (forget individuals) a quarter final is a good tournament. Forget about winning tournaments. The higher you fly in the hype clouds, the harder the fall.

I am glad that Foden's shot hit the post otherwise, the cracks would have been papered over, and the hype train would have gone into overdrive.

Well done Denmark, you made us look what we are..Bang average.

I think this is our best formation. There are negatives, but there are negatives to all formations, but I think it makes best use of our strengths.

Allows us to get Wharton in to dictate play, as TAA is a guy for the killer pass, he isn't a tempo setter, closest we have to a tempo setter, a Kroos, a Ruiz, a Modric is Wharton. Extra centre back that is really playing as a RB for more defensive cover. Allows us to get genuine speed and width on both flanks. And both Gordon and Saka are competent defensively. Jude can play deeper and attack from there at the right moments. Foden is free to do wtf he wants, no worrying about going up and down the left. And with the 4 guys now in the centre to dictate play, Kane can fuck off next to their goal.

Screenshot 2024-06-21 at 11.03.07.png

I think this is our best formation. There are negatives, but there are negatives to all formations, but I think it makes best use of our strengths.

Allows us to get Wharton in to dictate play, as TAA is a guy for the killer pass, he isn't a tempo setter, closest we have to a tempo setter, a Kroos, a Ruiz, a Modric is Wharton. Extra centre back that is really playing as a RB for more defensive cover. Allows us to get genuine speed and width on both flanks. And both Gordon and Saka are competent defensively. Jude can play deeper and attack from there at the right moments. Foden is free to do wtf he wants, no worrying about going up and down the left. And with the 4 guys now in the centre to dictate play, Kane can fuck off next to their goal.

View attachment 286035

England needs so hard Harry Maguire. Harry, where are you mate? Come back, we need to see some extra goals... What? What do you mean by "on which side"?

Spain finally broke my distrust.
He played a lot and dominated the game against Italy. Accurate midfield and the 2 wingers play great. Rodri is a monster!
This Euro is really cool, because there are about 5 or 6 teams with a chance and Spain, for me, entered the fray, with the way they played yesterday.
England, Belgium, Holland, Italy... lots of names, great players, but I don't believe they'll get there.
Germany, Portugal, Spain, France, the title should not leave their hands!

Ps: I confess that I really liked Nico Williams' game and he would be magnificent at Barcelona alongside Lewa and Yamal.

Last edited:

View attachment 286035
I’d do similar but drop Saka purely for the formation sake. Wouldn’t be a popular choice but yeah.
Kyle Walker can cover for Trent who will be able to provide much needed crosses for Kane. This way we’re not constantly cutting inside on every attack and we would have foden and Bellingham in their most effective positions.

Attachments

• IMG_0102.jpeg
    IMG_0102.jpeg
    358.5 KB · Views: 11
Kane is excellent at acting as a street lamp and selling popcorn to old people. How did he become professional? Too weak. hahaha 🤣
He's valuable and reliable in the moments you need him to be but he's ageing and is more of a Shearer/Sheringham type striker now, he can't run the way he used to and really needs someone to play off or to do the running for him. He was desperately isolated yesterday and came too deep just to get involved in the game. When he was younger he really was the complete player, could run, had pace and even was a great playmaker. Now he's more of a figurehead who 9/10 times would score if put on a plate for him.

This is a modern system I could see a more contemporary manager playing, after yesterday it's clear we need a balance of energetic youth to do the dog work and reliable experience to dictate the play. Wharton and Mainoo would be great shouts in that regard and even Gallagher who is a workhorse but just had an unlucky game last night would be more suitable.

Southgate being memed for name dropping Phillips when we've moved on from him and isn't an option but he's right in the sense we need that tireless dogfighter being a hassle in midfield. That's not Rice's job, Trent isn't that type of player and in the good old days Henderson/Phillips would offer that.

But Southgate isn't a gambling man and he see's throwing on Wharton/Manioo there as a gamble, fair enough you've tried Trent for a few games but with best intentions it's not the solution. He needs to mix it up for the Slovenian game but we know what he's like and will likely be stuck in his old ways.

French strikers during this EURO

crampons-1.jpg

You are Italian right?
Do you think they play like Italians? They seem to have a lack of identity.
No, I'm not.
How play Italians in your opinion? They had a really bad day (I hope).

Spain finally broke my distrust.
He played a lot and dominated the game against Italy. Accurate midfield and the 2 wingers play great. Rodri is a monster!
This Euro is really cool, because there are about 5 or 6 teams with a chance and Spain, for me, entered the fray, with the way they played yesterday.
England, Belgium, Holland, Italy... lots of names, great players, but I don't believe they'll get there.
Germany, Portugal, Spain, France, the title should not leave their hands!

Ps: I confess that I really liked Nico Williams' game and he would be magnificent at Barcelona alongside Lewa and Yamal.
I'm still doubtful about Portugal and France's chances. Portugal wasted so many chances on the first game vs Czechia. They only played well in the 2nd half. To make things even worse, they were trailed first before scoring two goals in the last minute of play. France's performances were also sluggish; their only positives was defense, spearheaded by N'Golo Kante. The Netherlands even deserved a victory really tonight, if it wasn't for that disallowed goal.

So far, Germany and Spain have a realistic chance to win if they maintaned a good organization with the midfield, but they will obviously met each other in the quarterfinals as they will most likely top their groups.

England and Italy were absolutely poor. I don't think they will go as further as quarterfinals if they keep playing a boring game. Belgium will definitely crash out in the group stage again of the major tournament; they were too reliant on Romelu Lukaku, who often "ghosted" during the crucial games.

No, I'm not.
How play Italians in your opinion? They had a really bad day (I hope).
Apologies I thought you were Italian for some reason. Like i previously mentioned, they don’t play like an Italian team of the past. I think they qualify for knockouts but I don’t see them going past quarter final at the very most. Having said that, I’ve been totally wrong about teams so far in the tournament so who knows.

Arda not starting because he was exhausted.. Something is wrong, he barely played this season with Madrid. I hope Turkiye will not suffer

Wasn't the kid injured or something ? He's still young. Doesn't really need to over push himself.

6 Min into the match, gotta appreciate both sides not afraid to play the game more open.

21" Goalllll... Silva. Nice cross tho leao

29" own goal.

Good match so far, turkiye isnt back down even after down 0-2. Btw it looks like the pitch is too slippy ?

Lol ronaldo looks pissed, bruno took the shot for himself to the moon

38" dammit leao, no need to dive. Misses next match cause his own stupidity

Ref be like, yellow for you.. for you.. for everyone.

End of first half, such a different game unlike with czechia. Good match so far. Also good commentary on fox sports that dont talk about ronaldo for whole match.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom