UEFA Euro Men 2024

3 points for England but man that second half was woeful.

A bit dissapointed about that remis from my danes. But wtf. Eriksen so much love and big respect to him. After the last Euro with his heart attack. Really nice to see you back on track with the danish dynamite, Christian.

:RSCARF:❤️‍🩹

Typical of England. Leaving the rest of the match on a nail biter. Should have pushed on for at least a two goal cushion. Instead they invited Serbia on to them for most of the second half.

With all due respect, this was Serbia. So if/when the likes of Germany/Spain or France come calling, it doesn't look good.
Denmark must fancy their chances. Unless their is a big improvement, it doesn't look well.

The only positives i saw was Bellingham and TA Arnold. But that doesn't make a team.

Typical of England. Leaving the rest of the match on a nail biter. Should have pushed on for at least a two goal cushion. Instead they invited Serbia on to them for most of the second half.

With all due respect, this was Serbia. So if/when the likes of Germany/Spain or France come calling, it doesn't look good.
Denmark must fancy their chances. Unless their is a big improvement, it doesn't look well.

The only positives i saw was Bellingham and TA Arnold. But that doesn't make a team.

Although the second half was a bad performance and you’re right we needed to score a second and put the game to bed we were pressured at the end of the match and still won. So it shows we have resilience at the very least. Every game is different and of course we won’t play like this the entire tournament. We’re going to advance out of the group no problem.

That was dodgy AF in the second half. Poor technical execution and caught on the counter needlessly due to players apparently not understanding who engages early, who tracks back and who is supposed to throttle the lanes and force harmless distribution. Looked so random. If we want to do better than the not high bar of qualifying out of the group, the tactics need to change because whatever system this is, it doesn't work.

That was dodgy AF in the second half. Poor technical execution and caught on the counter needlessly due to players apparently not understanding who engages early, who tracks back and who is supposed to throttle the lanes and force harmless distribution. Looked so random. If we want to do better than the not high bar of qualifying out of the group, the tactics need to change because whatever system this is, it doesn't work.
It did work because we won the match. That’s the first, second and third priority. If we played every game and won 1-0 and ended up winning the tournament, people would still complain. However I do feel 1-0 is a lack of security. If we made it 2-0 we could have just coasted the rest of the match. Anyway, they’re not going to play like they did the entire tournament. Every game is different. Some games we will play well and get a 3-0 win and other games we won’t. This is football and we’re all old enough and wise enough to know every game is different.

As I saw some Austrian fans partying in the old town of Düsseldorf on TV, I was reminded that the poor Scottish fans now have to travel from Munich to Cologne. Leaving the wonderful big beer mugs behind and getting these tiny test tubes filled with that pee, the Colognes call "Kölsch". I feel sorry for them.

What a good game to watch between Austria and France. The Austrians were so unlucky with the own goal. They at least deserved a draw but France did an England winning 1-0 and their fans chewed their nails to a stump 😂

As I saw some Austrian fans partying in the old town of Düsseldorf on TV, I was reminded that the poor Scottish fans now have to travel from Munich to Cologne. Leaving the wonderful big beer mugs behind and getting these tiny test tubes filled with that pee, the Colognes call "Kölsch". I feel sorry for them.

... then, they'll need to live an exemplary life without sin and don't drink at all :ANGEL:. If they'll drink, God will be very, very angry, and Scotland will lose again, especially if they'll consume that Kolsch thing, Satan will be with them always in the stands:WASTED:. They suffered in the first place 'cause in Munich they were also drinking, right? Or they are suffering coz' they consumed there 0% alcohool beer? That's so confusing... :THINK:

... then, they'll need to live an exemplary life without sin and don't drink at all :ANGEL:. If they'll drink, God will be very, very angry, and Scotland will lose again, especially if they'll consume that Kolsch thing, Satan will be with them always in the stands:WASTED:. They suffered in the first place 'cause in Munich they were also drinking, right? Or they are suffering coz' they consumed there 0% alcohool beer? That's so confusing... :THINK:

I’m not sure if you’re serious or joking.
Should I be laughing or worried that you’re some sort of terrorist?

I’m not sure if you’re serious or joking.
Should I be laughing or worried that you’re some sort of terrorist?

Well, in Germany there is good beer mostly, right? and the Scotish likes beer (like most of us)... What has to do terrorism with the alcohol in the first place? :LOL: The joke was they were "punished" by fate or divinity somehow 'cause they couldn't abstain to taste that good beer from Munich (mostly nobody could) and now they're going in Cologne to taste another type of drink.

Well, in Germany there is good beer mostly, right? and the Scotish likes beer (like most of us)... What has to do terrorism with the alcohol in the first place? :LOL: The joke was they were "punished" by fate or divinity somehow 'cause they couldn't abstain to taste that good beer from Munich (mostly nobody could) and now they're going in Cologne to taste another type of drink.
Oh right I understand now. You’re a recovering alcoholic and the mere thought of alcohol enrages you 😂

Oh right I understand now. You’re a recovering alcoholic and the mere thought of alcohol enrages you 😂

I drink way less than others, that's for sure, but I like to enjoy some good beer from Germany and good wine from Italy and Spain. That doesn't mean I'm a "recovering alcoholic". ;))

I drink way less than others, that's for sure, but I like to enjoy some good beer from Germany and good wine from Italy and Spain. That doesn't mean I'm a "recovering alcoholic". ;))
Just joking around. Relax, have a beer 😄

It did work because we won the match. That’s the first, second and third priority. If we played every game and won 1-0 and ended up winning the tournament, people would still complain. However I do feel 1-0 is a lack of security. If we made it 2-0 we could have just coasted the rest of the match. Anyway, they’re not going to play like they did the entire tournament. Every game is different. Some games we will play well and get a 3-0 win and other games we won’t. This is football and we’re all old enough and wise enough to know every game is different.
Yes mate, but if we played that exact same way, do you think we'd win that game 10 times out of 10? It wasn't decisive and opening game nerves aside, we're not going to compete with Italy or Germany based upon this.

I'm still doubt about England and France's chances on winning this year's Euro. While Germany and Spain made a strong start with a convincing win, the 1-0 narrow victories on the opener demonstrated England and France's inability to beat the lesser sides more convincingly without much better involvement in their frontlines. The second half for England during the game against Serbia was a bit nightmare. Serbia should have scored more goals. Overall, all of English players didn't have a big impact, with the exception of Bellingham and Trent AA. As for Austria vs France, Austria should have deserved a draw if they didn't made a mistake that resulted in the only own goal of that match. Kylian Mbappe was really poor during that game and even left the pitch bloodied (he broke his nose).

Perhaps the most surprising of all was Group E. Belgium losing to Slovakia while wasting so many big chances (even including the point where the equalizer goals being ruled out by VAR) was a "total disgrace". This golden generation of this country seems to be fading away without major trophies (reminiscent of the golden generation of England in 2000s). Romania also made a stunning start with an emphatic win against Ukraine, despite having a poor friendlies.

I thought for the first 10-15 minutes, Kante was off the pace, and then he was excellent the rest of the way and l'Homme du Match. What a delight it is watching him play.
He's fantastic, it's sad to know we only enjoyed him at his full for no more than 5-6 years in European sides. But then again, that was enough time for him to win two PL, a UCL and a WC with France (+ FA Cup, UEL, UEFA Supercup). He completed football in so little time while being the best player in his position, and I'm glad he's still delivering while playing club football in Saudi Arabia.

Should be a good game tonight between Portugal and Czech. Portugal have a strong team but I think Czechia have a goal or two in them

Although the second half was a bad performance and you’re right we needed to score a second and put the game to bed we were pressured at the end of the match and still won. So it shows we have resilience at the very least. Every game is different and of course we won’t play like this the entire tournament. We’re going to advance out of the group no problem.
We will play like that the entire tournament, the scared cautious approach is what Southgate does, over and over again at every tournament, he hasn't learnt any lessons. Home to a very average Italy and no shots on target after the goal and just defending was the ultimate crime.

@Pagi84 Respectfully I disagree. Clean sheet

@Hayes
Are you watching the same game? It’s been a good attacking game from Portugal. It’s not been boring at all. 0-0 doesn’t always equate to boring. Sounds like you’ve just looked at the score and not actually watched the first half

Czechs have been parking the bus and made it too tight for Portugal to do anything of any substance. Although I think Leao has since the most of the ball of the 2 forwards and hasn't been good enough with it.

Huh ? I didnt even talk about the score tho. And yes it's boring, ronaldo got big two chances. One on one with the gk & the last one at the end of first half with his left kick. Leao got yellow cause his stupid dived where he can passed soucek easily. he played good on the left & got one big chance. Portugal played almost no variety at all, almost all crosses directed to ronaldo where he got 2 or 3 players around him. I like that when portugese man, no.15 or 19 (idk his name) took a shot outside the box and i think bruno got one aswell.

Currently streaming on my phone and these fox sports commentators talk about ronaldo for almost the whole match. I think you need to stop assuming people if you dont know anything 🙄

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom