UEFA Euro 2008

got an email confirming it had been sent today from gameplay, if its here tomorrow i'll be seriously happy, i cant wait to play the full version. Its not a good timing considering i have so much uni work left to do, its gunna be tough! Especially with GTA in afew weeks aswell!

got an email confirming it had been sent today from gameplay, if its here tomorrow i'll be seriously happy, i cant wait to play the full version. Its not a good timing considering i have so much uni work left to do, its gunna be tough! Especially with GTA in afew weeks aswell!

How come you guys are receiving dispatch emails from gameplay and i´m not :|?

Sorry mate... I know... but I didn't expect to met some Swiss people here. Sorry again.

@ fcsg1879:

From St. Gallen? Really? Nice. 2 ours away from me. :)

Ignore Cammey mate, he has no power or influence over here :))

Feel free to discuss the game in whatever language you want but at least translate it for us Brits

Nothing feels like PES except the responsivness. Fifa always had the "fifa feel"; repetitiveness, exploits, etc. Euro 2008 is responsive, but Players move around like feather weights, all having super agility like Bruce lee. The passing feels good, but the shooting animation looks awkward. Ball physics i think is spot on. But when i see the same goals, saves, etc happening every game after a while i lose all interest. This always happens to me with Fifa btw, first impression is "WHOA" but later it gets dull and it goes on the shelf. Can't see myself buying this add to that the price.

spot on Lami u just touck the word out of my mouth, that's what i exactly ment.
always at the biganing is breth of fresh air, after u play it for a week or two it start to feels the same, u feel like u have seen everything, it has no depth to it, it doesn't take that long to find the way how to score the same goal everytime, & that wos the problem in every fifa game, i admet it is a great imprevement, but it get boring quik, and i always end up selling it.

Last edited by a moderator:
And what is with PES2008??? This feels like shit, speed is shit,CPU Cheats are shit, PES2008 online is shit...the new Gameplay is shit(have i forgot something??? I am playing we/PES from the beginning, I am now 33Years old and see tha EA has improoved and Konami goes back! Thats the trueth!
In the beginning till we9/PES5 everything wqas OK, after that Konami goes Commercial and destroyed our loved gameplay!

And what is with PES2008??? This feels like shit, speed is shit,CPU Cheats are shit, PES2008 online is shit...the new Gameplay is shit(have i forgot something??? I am playing we/PES from the beginning, I am now 33Years old and see tha EA has improoved and Konami goes back! Thats the trueth!
In the beginning till we9/PES5 everything wqas OK, after that Konami goes Commercial and destroyed our loved gameplay!
Yeah you are right unfortunately :( Konami seem to have switched their target group from football fans to kids :(.
At least EA have gone the other way and now aim at football fans instead of kids and have started offering us the best football games ever over the last year :DD.

I love you.

Welcome aboard :)).

spot on Lami u just touck the word out of my mouth, that's what i exactly ment.
always at the biganing is breth of fresh air, after u play it for a week or two it start to feels the same, u feel like u have seen everything, it has no depth to it, it doesn't take that long to find the way how to score the same goal everytime, & that wos the problem in every fifa game, i admet it is a great imprevement, but it get boring quik, and i always end up selling it.

you cant score the same goal over and over again in 08, so i take it you have never ever played it?

I had my first online expirience Greece VS germany, my opponent was a Fifa player so i had a few problems in the first half, i loose 4:2 but great game! i had my chances, and my keeper saved some brilliat shoots!Wohoo this game is great!
Go back for gaming ladys this will be a long night!!

nice online bug

playing my m8 online and the ball went out for a goal kick and no-one got the ball and all the players stood still

cldnt pause or anything

Good on you for sticking with Greece online :)).

I really hope this comes tomorrow :pray:. I have packed up my Xbox ready to take to work to hopefully play Euro in my lunch hour :)).

we know that, pes has been dissapointing lately especialy pes08, that's why most of as that enjoyed pes for years, we where ready to give fifa a chance, as they have finally worked hard on the actual gameplay, but like i said early in my post fifa still lacks on the gameplay deepth, even in old pes games u feel like u seen something new or a different goal every time u play it, & the most impotently u actualy feel in control & realy feel the player u contolling, + playing with friends is amazing game.
again i am happy seeng fifa improving, the demo of euro08 was great, i have played sometimes all night till the morning, i don't remember i have played any demo so much, but judging the demo i have to admit playing with friends, didn't give me the same feeling i had playing pes, & u should know that as a pes player, how pes feel when playing with mates it's pure fun game,
+ the goal variation is limited, unlike pes again, & i don't think the full version is that different from the demo, but overal though i admit that euro is a great improvment comparing it to fifa08, & better then pes08, so yes is the best game out

Ok Ladys, i had my first desaster online5 Goals.... this has never happened to me, it seems i have to learn alot about fifa..4 of the goals where counterattacs where the opponets CF with one deadly pass kills my defense and runs against nikopolidis! From the other i had a lot of shoots(played well and nice passing and dribblin) with and the keeper grab it everytime! unbelivable!
Dont missunderstand me, Game is great, i play with Greece, (not the strongest Team) against Topnations Like france, England, Germany! But the point is my shoots are not effective enough, i have to learn how to get bullseye in the right or left corners!
But online no lagging(ok there are only a few people online)!

I will give this Game a chance, it diserve it!

Last edited:
Untitled.jpg

you cant score the same goal over and over again in 08, so i take it you have never ever played it?

hehe u make me lough:LOL: i am 26 years old don't u think i have better things to do with my self, i am here coz i love football games, so whenever i hear news of any football game, i have great time being here & reading everything, the fanboy fights are only for kids, but saying i haven't play the game its stupid, i can prove u wrong & send here my youtube vid of both fifa08 & euro08 goals.
u don't have to agre with me, i understand as u can't wait to play it, & hearing me being a bit negativ, could be annoying

shame there is no rematch option after playing online.. have to create again like in fifa

online seems a little slower i must admit, but button response is not a problem

Ok Ladys, i had my first desaster online5 Goals....

For your posts I assume there are lots of goals in matches. I don't like the sound of it. Anyway, what controls configuration are you playing on? I really think polaying all on manual except shooting on semi is the best one, it makes the demo harder and a little more realistic.

When going 1 vs 1 it's better to have a finesse shot with a little power, that should make for a slightly high and controlled shot past the keeper if he's coming to you. To shoot outside the penalty area, I use a lot the power shot (R2 + square in ps3) but the key is landing good through balls. It's not difficult at all in the demo against human.

Can you play as Feroe Islands against France and tell us if it was realistic at all? And then the other way around, you play France again Faroe Islands and tell us how the CPU played.

Thanks in advance!!!!!

Playing as Faroer is not easy, the players dont opned enough for counters,
Franve is strong snd presse hard, its more difficult to make good passes!
through balls are a lot easier wit france, even with greece, when they come from technical good players. Thefact is the game is realistic enough, thats one point it make it very nice for me!

About my 5 goal"desaster" in PES this never happens, but i never have played FIFA online so...its ok! i am not disapointet, otherwise it makes me angry and i want to learn this Game! Its new for me, so i have to watch my system, and my Settings...... what formation do you Guys use in FIFA08??? i ahve tested the 4-4-2(best for me with Greece) !

But enough for today, i am tired, must go to work in the morning!!!

Back
Top Bottom