UEFA Euro 2008

So played against spain on hardest Level, again with greece game ends 2:2, both goals i get from hard shots that the keeper cant hold ( but to be true, they were very good shots, i dont believe in real life someone will hold that rockets from torres) So ihad to wait for my chance it works! Not so hectical like PES2008, you have the time, your players, also the defenders when they star a counterattac are in the Box.........its unbelivable, there was no momment i have say shit cheating Game...no, everything realistic!

My 3shitsty is in for repair having got the 3RROD(its my 3rd)

I have not been able to play the demo but i am concerned that the hype is once again masking potential flaws.

I started off loving 08 but after many, many hours of it becoming a complete slug fest, frustrating, non responsive peice of controller smashing, cathartic,grind of a game.........I sold it.

Now i remember going through this very same feeling before it was released, thinking I cannot wait, this is the one we have been waiting for but as i say, after my description above, it became one massive dissapointment.

Is this game better than 08??? as far as gameplay is concerned, is it a noticeable improvement??

Your reassurance is welcome.

only thing i worry about with jimis is that he is scoring two goals on the hardest level against spain and this is his first fifa... in 08 if he played spain on legendary he would be getting spankend

So played against spain on hardest Level, again with greece game ends 2:2, both goals i get from hard shots that the keeper cant hold ( but to be true, they were very good shots, i dont believe in real life someone will hold that rockets from torres) So ihad to wait for my chance it works! Not so hectical like PES2008, you have the time, your players, also the defenders when they star a counterattac are in the Box.........its unbelivable, there was no momment i have say shit cheating Game...no, everything realistic!

jimis, can you try playing a match on hardest level as Greece against Faroe Islands and tell me how it goes. I would be intrigued if you dominate the game much easier. Do the Faroes keeping 10 men behind the ball.

Also, when Faroes get the ball, are they always making perfect passes all the time as if they were France or do they make far more mistakes?

Is it confirmed you can't create custom formations for single player? Would be seriously shit if that was removed :(

Han already confirmed in post #2713 "Lucky enough you can customise the complete formation by going into the same menu and than choose Formations or formations editor."

it feels alot slower than the demo to me, closer to fifa 08

default difficulty is professional and they are tough, i can't run through the defence

it looks different to me and feels different

more to come once i have played more

just to add...

i played a triangle into owen.. he spread the ball outwide (long pass to philips)

i did not press the run button at all, and owen made a burst into the box without me doing anything (purely the AI)

cos he picked it up deep he made a run into the box

i like that

team mentality

all the options are there from fifa 08

back line, pressure attack etc

and there is a new option called "new counter attack" you can turn it on and off

So ladys, i have done now a match Greece VS Germany on hardest Level, its unbelivable how realistic this can be! I won 1:0(Greeces loved Score)!
First of all i am an WE/PES, Player this is my first FIFA, i havent change tactics or something, i uses the original Greek lineup changing only 1 player in the Startformation! So i started waiting an passing to see how the CPU reacts on hardest level, and she react, she presses me... so i do what i can do using the strong physical players to hold the ball and find som way to open the Defense!This happens only 2-3 times. dont think the defence will make the mistake again!!!! Nono it seems they learn.......wohoooooooo!

Say what haha

How have you lot got the game?

Or will I get a Torrent of abuse for asking that?
Yes you will... Bitter is playing at a mates I think, other people have got it from local shops selling early, and GAME and Gameplay are also shipping early and their buyers will have the game tomorrow apparently.

So :SHHH:...

Oh man I need this game! Will get it on thursday, that's the release date here in Sweden. Is it really the 18th in England?

Can't wait to play as my beloved Sweden against the bigger nations. Ibra will destroy them ;)

Bitter//

Have you tried playing aginst the smaller nations?

torres's face is nothing like his, and his smile when he scored i could see some graphical mistakes, like blackness where there should be skin or something

great goal tho.. played into his feet with two defenders either side of him, in one turn took it to the side to curl it onto the top corner

the spin on the ball was nice and felt real...

So played on medium against England score 2:2 the englisch Team is not so hard but physikly strong, so its not easy to hold them far from the box.... but The game has only unrealistic scores on the first 2 levels or you play against san marino, on easy levels you can score 7 Goals ( like germany has done in relity) but on harder levels no more than 3!

The only thing makes me a little bit nervous is the offside trapp my team uses, sometimes they do a Klick forward to late and the Striker isnt offside (has happened 2 times in 15 Games)but in 2on 2 matches this can be very bad!
I have tested Fifa 07 on Xbox(was a nice Game) a have played some games on Fifa 07(from a friend) on the 360 ( i dont like this game)but this dont feels like fifa... it goes more the WE series was in the beginning!
I hated fifa allway for the shooting,the unrealistic arcadish gameplay... but this is otherwise......!

Betwenn writing i have played against france on hardest and lost 0:2, hehe normaly i have to loose higher, the aluminium has save my ass 3 times! The balance is very well... on higher levels mistakes are the Kill! and again Good Teams like France or England or Spain you get goals... but especially Spain there defence is in real life not the Best..... so??? tis is realistic!

And something about the crowd when playing, it seems its only fake crowd...only in sequences or freekicks or corners you see detailed crowd...but have to check this later on my HD TV... now playing on a normal...i hope my wife goes sleeping!!! He he

Last edited:
Yes after every goal, but it seems that the reaction from the crowd comes only by wll knowned players, like Raul, Ronaldo...and so on!same when my opponent scores.....!
By thia way the crowd is unbelivable, the greek fans sing the original Fansongs from Euro 2004: Ellaas ole ole ( i cant belive this.......)

i hope my wife goes sleeping!!! He he

hud-headlock.jpg

Yes after every goal, but it seems that the reaction from the crowd comes only by wll knowned players, like Raul, Ronaldo...and so on!same when my opponent scores.....!
By thia way the crowd is unbelivable, the greek fans sing the original Fansongs from Euro 2004: Ellaas ole ole ( i cant belive this.......)

sounds absolutely awesome! thanks for your answer! one quick question: do you know what fansongs the swiss crowd are singing? Is "Hopp Schwiiz" included?

sounds absolutely awesome! thanks for your answer! one quick question: do you know what fansongs the swiss crowd are singing? Is "Hopp Schwiiz" included?

That would be awesome. Hopp Schwiiz, hopp. :))

By the way, aus welchem Kanton kommst? Ich ursprünglich aus Zürich... lebe jetzt aber in Deutschland :)

Back
Top Bottom