UEFA Euro 2008

I did ring quite a few Liverpool stores yeah, the last one I remember ringing was Chipshop 2000 but the guy who answered the phone originally told me it was out "next week sometime". The guy in Gamestation even told me "it's not out until November mate", no word of a lie. :|

You rang a chippie?

No wonder he had no idea when it was out

I was going to try the one in widnes... i think its called the games company or something... but when i rang last year for fifa 08 they snotty bitch who answered snarled at me that they wouldn't sell it before friday - as if she had already told me 5 times

I think it's waaay too optimistic thinking we'll get it today - I think Thursday is the best that can be hoped for but even then it's probably a less than 50% chance.

Not that I've done any probability stats or anything. It's just that I've been coming to this site since 2002 and there's never been a (legal) copy of PES or recently FIFA that anyone has got, in the UK, more than 24 hours early.

I think we all hype each other up so much as the release date draws near - we're like a bunch of fishermen's wives aren't we?!

I think it's waaay too optimistic thinking we'll get it today - I think Thursday is the best that can be hoped for but even then it's probably a less than 50% chance.
ShopTo will send it out on Wednesday night, they always have. Got FIFA on Thursday, and every other game I've ordered from them on Thursday (apart from the odd one I've got two or even three days early), so that's great.

But I'm postponing a trip I'm supposed to be going on on Wednesday, so if I could get it by then I wouldn't have to postpone it and it would be a lot easier. But it looks like I'm out of luck. :(

You lot tried Blockbusters? That's where im getting mine from tomorrow, granted my mate works there, but you never know.

ShopTo will send it out on Wednesday night, they always have. Got FIFA on Thursday, and every other game I've ordered from them on Thursday (apart from the odd one I've got two or even three days early), so that's great.

But I'm postponing a trip I'm supposed to be going on on Wednesday, so if I could get it by then I wouldn't have to postpone it and it would be a lot easier. But it looks like I'm out of luck. :(

Shopto shows "Stock Due in" which seems a little tight for despatching tomorrow - but maybe that's no indication?

I wont be surprised to see more than 70% of people waiting for this game, slate it within 3 weeks :lol:

Lol yeah - too true.

@ Jamie/JB - Blockbusters were very UNfriendly to me last year with FIFA.

If the Holland team names are fake can you at least tell who they are this time?

In Fifa they had random names that were nothing at all like there real life counterparts

Blame the Dutch federation for being money-grabbing so-and-so's :(

Can you edit player names, Han?
Yes you can! Go into 'my UEFA EURO 2008 -> Team management and there you can do it all.
You also can edit:
First name
Surname
"known as"
Position
Role
Kit name
Preferred foot
Birth date

And from his kit you can change:
Boot
Ankle tape ( + color )
Kit style ( tucked/untucked)
Sleeves
Gloves
Wristband

You cannot change the face or the quality of the players

Lucky enough you can customise the complete formation by going into the same menu and than choose Formations or formations editor.

The game indeed playes better. Also the defense is better. Default you play on professional, but even on semi-pro I did not manage to run though the defense.

@ Coops: As far as I can see the Dutch names are the same as in FIFA08

more info.. more info...

can you use custom formations online (prob not) is it deffo only 1v1 online not even 2v2

thanks

Thats exactly what i'm doing too :lol:

damn, can't believe i just clicked refresh just to read that someone else is clicking refresh ;-p

I'm gonna order it from game now and if it isn't shipped today i will cancel the order.

damn, can't believe i just clicked refresh just to read that someone else is clicking refresh ;-p

I'm gonna order it from game now and if it isn't shipped today i will cancel the order.

yeah gd idea maybe I got lucky as I usually get it a day early but now im gonna get it 2days touchwood

Back
Top Bottom