UEFA Euro 2008

See, I would say it does on FIFA. Playing against Barcelona is very different to playing against, say, Getafe. There is so much less space on the pitch when you play against Barca as they work harder and close the space down and press you.

Just watched the higher quality G.TV review vid again, I really think this game looks spot on, I think they have slowed the game from the demo, as Jamie says, and it looks pretty spot on :)).

I feel Fifa still lacks in the player uniqueness department. I want to feel like controlling Eto'o is different from controlling Kevin Davies for example. Daniel Alvis different from Hunt (Bolton SB). Add some weight to them too. Make me feel like i'm really trying to control the real players. Not hating on Fifa or anything really. Just asking for the best. Don't we all want that? ;))

:lmao: PES fanboy!!! :r1
This new jostling system looks good in the demo and sounds like they've kept it. As Skylight says I bet you get some good situations, where you play a long ball for example and then your striker jostles with the defender causing the defender to miss the ball :)).

exactly, I like that:DD

That sounds good, agressive is hopefully the right word there, that's what I want from higher difficulty levels - the CPU will actually come and challenge you and actually want to get the ball off you. Rather than just waiting for you to misplace a pass / shot and regain possession.

Overall, this sounds incredible, I really can't wait :)).

not only the defenders
you will also have the midfield players chasing you

I have a bit of an annoyance with the demo that I picked up on last night.

When you clear the ball, or take a goal kick the camera sort of jerks to keep up with play, and it looks unnatural.

I feel Fifa still lacks in the player uniqueness department. I want to feel like controlling Eto'o is different from controlling Kevin Davies for example. Daniel Alvis different from Hunt (Bolton SB). Add some weight to them too. Make me feel like i'm really trying to control the real players. Not hating on Fifa or anything really. Just asking for the best. Don't we all want that? ;))

Hi,

That for me is also what gets me coming back to the Master League despite all its flaws. Trying to get the best out of a squad (currently Torino) and trying to discover hidden gems in the transfer market.

In the demo, Ribery does feel distinctly lighter & more agile than say Viera imo, although I dont know how far you go down into less well known teams before things start getting too generic ?

Hopefully Fifa09 will enhance this aspect of the game that I find Pro Evo to have done fairly well over the years.

db

Hi,

That for me is also what gets me coming back to the Master League despite all its flaws. Trying to get the best out of a squad (currently Torino) and trying to discover hidden gems in the transfer market.

In the demo, Ribery does feel distinctly lighter & more agile than say Viera imo, although I dont know how far you go down into less well known teams before things start getting too generic ?

Hopefully Fifa09 will enhance this aspect of the game that I find Pro Evo to have done fairly well over the years.

db
Same here man :))

my friend has got the game today in Australia luck **** anyway no 5v5 for online like said earlier! shame really was really looking forward to BAP on euro it would have been so much more fun on Euro 2008 aswell.

C.Ronaldo's rating is a 90
Buffon is now a 91
Rooney 88
Owen 83
Gerrard 87
Torres 86
David VIlla 87
Cesc 88

only ones I can remember from the top of my head and he said it was pretty difficult on professional and world class and impossible on legendary :)

In Holland some shops already sell the game.
I just got it at Bart Smit.
Still no time to play it as I first have to finish my work. Expect some views of me in a couple of hours.

someone posted on Ea forums

Goodnews there would be national anthems for only the 16 nations in the tournaments.and holland would be haveing its original team roster and you would be haveing mud,snow and rain as weather conditions in the game.and an array of boots and kits to choose from and staduims too.

anyone who has the game, can you confirm that there is snow in this game?

I didnt see an option for snow??

Although I must confess I was really eager to get on with the gameplay.

I didnt see an option for snow??

Although I must confess I was really eager to get on with the gameplay.

i know on the demo it shows the option weather condition, which is greyed out with the default rain i think.. maybe you can change that to snow by moving left or right

I remember scanning through and all I remember seeing is Sunny and Rain.

Here's hoping that I wasnt very observant.

Just rang ten shops within a ten mile radius, none of them will sell the game to me before Friday even though I've offered bribes. My local place said he will sell it when he gets it but for some reason it won't be coming in until Thursday now he reckons. Fucking gutted.

Just rang ten shops within a ten mile radius, none of them will sell the game to me before Friday even though I've offered bribes. My local place said he will sell it when he gets it but for some reason it won't be coming in until Thursday now he reckons. Fucking gutted.

Well....thanks for saving me the time of ringing probably a few of the same stores!

(presume you included some Liverpool stores there too?)

I'm gonna enquire face-to-face in Bootle tomorrow. I reckon that guy who sold me FIFA08 for £50 would do the same again (an indepedent retailer in Liverpool city centre) but I reckon I can live without it for a couple more nights. Even though I am dying to get my hands on it.

Well....thanks for saving me the time of ringing probably a few of the same stores!

(presume you included some Liverpool stores there too?)

I'm gonna enquire face-to-face in Bootle tomorrow. I reckon that guy who sold me FIFA08 for £50 would do the same again (an indepedent retailer in Liverpool city centre) but I reckon I can live without it for a couple more nights. Even though I am dying to get my hands on it.
I did ring quite a few Liverpool stores yeah, the last one I remember ringing was Chipshop 2000 but the guy who answered the phone originally told me it was out "next week sometime". The guy in Gamestation even told me "it's not out until November mate", no word of a lie. :|

Blame the Dutch federation for being money-grabbing so-and-so's :(

Can you edit player names, Han?

Back
Top Bottom