UEFA Euro 2008

What did he originally post?

Here it is:
Chaps,

I played the full version yesterday, the rumour about stock being delviered on the 11th to game retailers was correct.

Level Played: Professional
Time: 6 Mins
England v Croatia
Wembley Stadium
Sunny
Everything Manual bar the shooting, which I placed on Semi.

Ok let me start with the speed issue. The final release has noticebley lost half a yard of pace, which for me was perfection. I

ooh, you can't just stop there

we need more info than that

cheers ;))

Here it is:
Chaps,

I played the full version yesterday, the rumour about stock being delviered on the 11th to game retailers was correct.

England v Croatia
Wembley Stadium
Sunny

Ok let me start with the speed issue. The final release has noticebley lost half a yard of pace, which for me was perfection. I

Yea even the "lost half a yard of pace" sounds more in depth than all the reviews i have read :))

If anyone can get me a copy before ShopTo get my copy sent out, and they live in Liverpool, I'll gladly meet them with £40 and pick it up off them :)

If anyone can get me a copy before ShopTo get my copy sent out, and they live in Liverpool, I'll gladly meet them with £40 and pick it up off them :)

Dags, as per FIFA08, I'll let you (and everyone else) know if I manage to succeed like last time.

However, I'm not paying the £15 extra on top this time for the privilidge of getting the game 24hours early!

Dags, as per FIFA08, I'll let you (and everyone else) know if I manage to succeed like last time.

However, I'm not paying the £15 extra on top this time for the privilidge of getting the game 24hours early!

Excellent :BY:

Chaps,

England v Croatia
Wembley Stadium
Sunny

Ok let me start with the speed issue. The final release has noticebley lost half a yard of pace, which for me was perfection. It's still faster than FIFA 08 but for people who love to build up a decent attack, the loss of a little bit of speed can be fully appreciated. You can play from the back an pass the ball around the deck to create decent build up play. Another cool thing I noticed, after going 1-0 up thanks to a screamer from Wayne Rooney, England's confidence and momentum was sky high. My players seemed to play with a higher tempo and really exposed Croatia, who played like a team with their heads down, making silly errors and losing their shape (Its really hard to explain but it was so life like).

The responsiveness is still as good as the demo. I didn't really notice a difference even with a slight change in the speed, this made for some great build play especially when exchanging one touch passing with your players.

People worrying about the PESness like running through the defence at speed and scoring, get that out of your head. I tried to run through the defence several times and their defence tackled me with ease. Im guessing the difficulty setting iradicates the theory of PESlike goals. You defientley have to "play football" to score goals, but when you do score it makes the whole experience of playing Euro 2008 so much better.

Keepers; as much as they have improved, there are still some major floors with them. Croatia equalised with a fantasic header at the far post by Eduardo, but the thing that annoys me is that keepers still stick to their line. On thos occasion i tried pressing Y only for the keeper to run away from the crossed ball which left Eduardo with an empty goal to head the ball home. They also have a tendancy to punch the ball away when it would be so much easier to catch the ball, which left me screaming at the tv screen. However EA have defientley improved the way in which the keeper comes out with the opposite attacker clean through on goal, you can definetley feel the keeper making the net smaller as he tries and puts the player off from shooting clean at goal, i thought this was a pretty cool addition and one that could in handy when playing a superstar on the online mode. A simple tap in every time you are clean through is definetley a thing of the past!

Defensivley the game is pretty much what you come to expect from FIFA 08 although the full backs do make intelligent burts forward which is a joy of fresh air if you like to spread the play. It really does offer a new way to create the perfect attack. I also like the fact that if you full back has committed to far up the field the left/right hand sided midfielder will drop in to cover there position, now that was wicked! The centre halves still dont commit past the half way line even when attacking a corner, which is pretty drab, but it doesnt really affect the overall gameplay if im being honest.

**ALERT** Something that EA have fixed is the carding system. I wanted to see whether the ref would card a player after playing advantage and I can confirm, my player was given a yellow card when the ball went dead. I nearly came in my pants!!!

Although I still dont think the red card system has been updated which is pretty rubbish, the last man can still hack someone down and get a yellow card and there seems to be no sign of the keepers getting carded which does let the carding system down to some extent, but I can forgive this for now as long as this inclusion features in FIFA 09.

The game finished 2-1 to Croatia. They scored an absolute fantastic goal when some nice build up play lead them to create some space to plant an inch perfect pass in behind my defence for their attacker to force my keeper out wide and slot the ball home, it has got to be one of the best goals I have witnessed the computer AI score ever!

Final Thoughts:

I was only allowed to play one match, due to the game not even supposed to be out of its packaging, but from the one game I have played i can safley say that this game is a slight improvement on the demo and a definete step in the right direction for the franchise of FIFA next generation gaming. It has ironed out so many niggling issues from FIFA 08 that you can appreciate paying full price for 50 odd teams and a couple of stadiums.

I can honestly say that despite the limited game modes, its the best football game I have ever had the pleasure to play.

ROLL ON FRIDAY!

Here it is then so people dont have to go back :))

Nice one Jamie :TU:

When do you think you will get it?

Thursday or Friday

I played 'be a pro' with Vieira on the demo. It was quite fun. I tried to emulate his real life play and i got a goal, bursting into the box on a 1-2 after a bit of a run. :)

Thats the best thing about it

when you choose a player you really try to do what he does best. I tried using Big Mac and just sat in front of the defence all game. It may seem boring if you aint tried it but tracking runs, incepting passes and tackling is quality when your only in control of 1 man

Oh yeah i did it with Ribery as well and one of the highlights was me tracking back becuase my right back had gone up and making a awesome slide tackle and just calmly passing the ball off :))

but tracking runs, incepting passes and tackling is quality when your only in control of 1 man

I never really played DMC in 5v5 so I thought I'd have a go in the Euro demo as Vieira, and well enjoyed it :) Like you say, tracking runs and closing down the passing channels to limit options was really good fun :)

Ok let me start with the speed issue. The final release has noticebley lost half a yard of pace, which for me was perfection.
Fantastic news :)).

People worrying about the PESness like running through the defence at speed and scoring, get that out of your head. I tried to run through the defence several times and their defence tackled me with ease.
Thank God, this had me really worried from the few videos that I've seen! Great news you can't do it with proper AI :)).

my player was given a yellow card when the ball went dead. I nearly came in my pants!!!
It's comments like this that make me proud to be an Evo Web member :)).

They scored an absolute fantastic goal when some nice build up play lead them to create some space to plant an inch perfect pass in behind my defence for their attacker to force my keeper out wide and slot the ball home, it has got to be one of the best goals I have witnessed the computer AI score ever!
:-...

Last edited:
In the final version: What are the tactical options? Apart from changing the formation, can you also move the players individually, so that you make your own formation?
Can you change things like playing pressure or counter-attack or other strategies?

Co-op cam, I think it's probably the best cam I've ever used :)

Agreed 100%

In the final version: What are the tactical options? Apart from changing the formation, can you also move the players individually, so that you make your own formation?
Can you change things like playing pressure or counter-attack or other strategies?

Good question - I noticed in the demo that team mentality had been removed - this was essential if you wanted more than 1 player to join your attack in FIFA08.....

You could make your own formations in FIFA08 so they would be mad to remove it.

Then again, they remove 5v5.

Back
Top Bottom