UEFA Euro 2008

I'm sure that's because of the time limit. The game's programmed to give realistic results over 90 minutes, and if you force the half-length to 2 minutes, it's going to let as many shots as possible in.

Just had a FANTASTIC game on the demo, for a laugh I did France v France - the first 11 against the reserves. Just fantastic. The Hexus.net reviewer mentioned how hard the corners are - well I tried something different, a cross to the edge of the box, and the header BULLETED into the top right corner (think Hyppia against Arsenal the other day). The feeling was immense - I remember FIFA feeling like that months ago. The satisfaction of pulling it off was just fantastic.

Then in the 90th minute, a cross comes in, deflects off my player, and as another defender hurriedly tries to clear it (I'm hammering B for my life) the clearance ricochets off a striker and falls kindly for Henry. 1-1. Manager substitutes Henry and he's clearly not happy - I thought this was great, but I realise it's practically the same animation every time someone is substituted. ;)

So much fun though when you use the reserve teams. I can see myself using small teams all the time when I get hold of the final game next week. Just so rewarding when you pass it about and something comes off.

It could still be like that to get the shot count up, to cause more goals, otherwise every game in the demo would be 0-0. Plus, we all need how to defend again - I think before it was a bit too easy, now you have to have perfect positioning instead of just pressing A and running after the ball. The matches I've played have been perfectly realistic so far, apart from the goalkeepers making a few too many saves.

Somehow feel that in going for faster response times some of the weightiness that i enjoyed of FIFA has gone.....

That's crazy because I felt like FIFA08 was much too "floaty" for me. As soon as I played EURO, the players felt more realistic, as if they were playing to their respective "weights".

Ok... I think i'm going to wait a while before i get this. I'll wait for some of the reviews here before i fork out any monies.

Oh looking closer I see the Umbro logo. It looked like a generic kit and the flag as their logo made me think they weren't licenced.

Re the GAMES TM review, i know that the team there changed about 12 months ago and simply aren't as discerning as the previous lot (they gave 10's to both GOW 2 and Gears of War 2 which i think is over the top!) and i also think they're reviewing of football games is not quite what it was. They don't display the real football knowledge that the previous lot did (although i accept they were a bit slow to nail pes6 on 360, but then i thought that bar the shooting that was a better game than it was made out to be)

BTW - i like eufa euro at moment (liked FIFA till flaws outweighed likes) and think current PES is a joke.

This is more a comment on GAMES TM than anything else.

I know this isn't the thread for it but just out of interest, which reviewers do you guys respect the most - got to say, for me its Gamecentral on ITV (and generally Edge although they've gone a bit strange for me lately).

I played a mate last night and the ref blew the half time whistle when he clean through and was 1 on 1 with the goalie :LOL:

he wasnt happy

But on another note after whacking the controls to semi i may go as far to say this is the best footy game i have played

I played a mate last night and the ref blew the half time whistle when he clean through and was 1 on 1 with the goalie :LOL:

he wasnt happy

But on another note after whacking the controls to semi i may go as far to say this is the best footy game i have played

Coopz , you played on assisted? :SS I'm shocked.

Just thought I'd play another game on the demo, and it will be my last. Won 5-1. This demo is absolutely shocking. Semi Pro AI or not, it's still fucking awful. I ran straight from the kick off in a straight line and had no challenge and scored. Another one of my goals came from the goalkeeper diving the WRONG way for a shot! He actually dived out of the way. The CPU got clean through once and just dribbled straight up to my goalkeeper without even having a shot.

Bloody ridiculous. The full game had best be A LOT better than this, or it's going to completely ruin BAP mode and any offline play.

Just thought I'd play another game on the demo, and it will be my last. Won 5-1. This demo is absolutely shocking. Semi Pro AI or not, it's still fucking awful. I ran straight from the kick off in a straight line and had no challenge and scored. Another one of my goals came from the goalkeeper diving the WRONG way for a shot! He actually dived out of the way. The CPU got clean through once and just dribbled straight up to my goalkeeper without even having a shot.

Bloody ridiculous. The full game had best be A LOT better than this, or it's going to completely ruin BAP mode and any offline play.

Ive never witnssed any of the above at all..
on another note does anyone paly with all manual controls I tried it on shooting but it was hard so now i have shooting on semi, passing on semi, crossing and long balls on manual and through balle on assisted

The CPU got clean through once and just dribbled straight up to my goalkeeper without even having a shot.

Surely he took a fake shot first before walking into the goalie? They do that a lot.

This is the main reason I am so disappointed with Euro08 - it's all about the AI. At least with 5v5 on-line in FIFA08, the AI had less chance to ruin the game. How could EA drop the one good thing they had in their game?

For all that AI has (probably) come a long way in the past few years, it's still absolutely nowhere near being any good. A few nice AI moves will always be outweighed by the countless glaring holes, flaws, cheats, scripts, repetition and other garbage.

Surely he took a fake shot first before walking into the goalie? They do that a lot.

This is the main reason I am so disappointed with Euro08 - it's all about the AI. At least with 5v5 on-line in FIFA08, the AI had less chance to ruin the game. How could EA drop the one good thing they had in their game?

For all that AI has (probably) come a long way in the past few years, it's still absolutely nowhere near being any good. A few nice AI moves will always be outweighed by the countless glaring holes, flaws, cheats, scripts, repetition and other garbage.

Chill winston! :LOL::BY:

No he didn't fake a shot or anything, just dribbled into my goalie. And you do need to chill a bit, the full version's AI won't be this bad mate, it's just a demo ;)).

Saw the feature on Gamertv yesterday and i love the points idea - where each game give you points and at the end of each day they rank the worlds best based on those.

They must of had it on the easiest setting and they had some wanker playing it because it was all footage of long full pitch runs, long range pointless shots and cut back goals - its people who play the game like that who end up slating it and saying its the same old shit

But i put the demo on last night again and had a great time - had a lucky goal as well where the keeper saved a close range shot, then the ball came to the edge of the box, i headed it towards the goal and the keeper getting to his feet leaped up caught the ball but ended up staggering backwards across the line

Tim, I ran in a straight line against a player. Twice, with France and with Germany. In FIFA its near impossible to do that, only once in a while it works.

i recorded gamer tv yesterday 11.30-12.00 and it only showed indiana jones, was expecting it to be euro 08?

Saw the feature on Gamertv yesterday and i love the points idea - where each game give you points and at the end of each day they rank the worlds best based on those.

They must of had it on the easiest setting and they had some wanker playing it because it was all footage of long full pitch runs, long range pointless shots and cut back goals - its people who play the game like that who end up slating it and saying its the same old shit

But i put the demo on last night again and had a great time - had a lucky goal as well where the keeper saved a close range shot, then the ball came to the edge of the box, i headed it towards the goal and the keeper getting to his feet leaped up caught the ball but ended up staggering backwards across the line

sorry it took me 10 mins to post that reply, so i didnt see yours lol

yes yours is allowed

Back
Top Bottom