UEFA Euro 2008

Ive never witnssed any of the above at all..
on another note does anyone paly with all manual controls I tried it on shooting but it was hard so now i have shooting on semi, passing on semi, crossing and long balls on manual and through balle on assisted

yeah i plan on manual but only for shooting and thru ball passins stays on semi for me

i still enjoyng the demo, even though still think the game is a bit easy, but that can be sorted, when the game comes out, as we can chose the defficulty level (world class) but the most anoyng thing for me, is that com al never do tricks (skills) they control the ball & pass it realisticly, but sometimes it would be nice to see com do skills with players like rebery, maluda, henry & anelka, amen how wered it is to play against portugal with players like nani, c.ronaldo, simao & quaresma, plaing just simple, it realy take the realisem away, i would like com to use the player ability in they advantage. other then that i got to admit the demo is very playble, the way it is, am even scared to play it coz i end up playng it for hours;)

After playing the demo this weeks, I can only reafirm my initial impressions: there's too much space between lines and not enough body challenge overall. That and too accurate passing leads for a pacy game that is definitely fun but not as realistic.

To all those moaning about the moans and all those talking about ai difficulty level, you should understand that the problems here exposed have little to do with difficulty level when playing vs. a human, and that's what I've experienced playing with my mates these days. Too much goals and TOO easy to cut back, cut through and score.

Before you ask, we've played with all on manual except shooting and passing on semi. As I can understand the "stretching" of the game, it has no real impact on the core game design and the overall pace and accuracy. It will surely have lots of good things, but I can't clearly prefer this to FIFA becuase of the lack of realism I feel. It seems that all the good things FIFA had have been watered in this demo, while all the bad things of FIFA are excellent here.

I will buy it anyway and have some fun with my friends, of course, but i reckon that I miss a lot the difficulty to build up play.

ps: About the referee whistling the end of the match "bug", I had a game were the referee whistled when i had dribbled my mate's goalkeeper and was running with the ball on feet inside the net to humiliate him. I was humiliated by the ref... Hope they solve all these minor (or not) things.

That England v Iceland game looks way slower than the demo, it's at FIFA speed (IMO)!

But it could be because it's 4:3 and not 16:9, which can cause an optical illusion (explained it before but briefly - imagine a runner going from the left to right of the screen, if you have a 4:3 TV it looks normal, if you stretch that image to be longer then the runner still takes the same amount of time to reach the other side, but because the picture is so much longer, it will appear he's running a lot faster to cover the longer distance in the same amount of time).

But I hope it's not and that they have actually tweaked it.

Last edited:
Nice to see some austere stadia.

Notice the player scored goals and the "celebrate now" did not appear on some. You can either turn it off or it turns itself off.

The France v Italy challenge mode match - defensive AI looks uttely atrocious. Perhaps it was on amateur level.

EA have already confirmed it's 6% faster than FIFA, so that tells me it's 6% faster than FIFA.

Yeah but the demo seems faster than 6% to me, and those videos do seem slower than the other videos I've seen. But that could be desperation playing tricks on me.

Ye looked like amateur level certainly i mean just walzed through defence constantly.

Maybe it shows just how much you should take review with pinch of salt overall. ;))

Downloading the Demo now.

Had to dust off my XBOX 360

FIFA Got boring very quickly. Nothing beats PES6 atm.

Hate all these review videos where the player doing the demo matches is absolutley shit and just runs in a straight line. Honestly, where do they get them from?!

Did his defenders or midfielders actually pass to each other? Every two seconds his first striker would win the ball and then play a 1-2 with the second striker.

Well Kitserver seemed to extent its life cycle for another 50 years.

FIFA is definately making progress. Of course Euro 2008 is merely a stop gap for 09. I probably won't buy it unless the demo blows me away.

I don't really have a problem with the response times in Fifa, I think it's realistic if anything.

When you play football, you don't pass/shoot/tackle exactly when you decide you want to, you do when you can reach the ball/have set yourself etc. When you have to plan ahead, more strategy is brought into the game which I like, I don't want a game where everything is done on the fly with no gameplan or tactics, it seems like that approach is the best one on Euro...

I think Fifa 08 is a mixbag when it comes to response time. I agree it adds realism, but in the context of playing an actual game there should be some things that arent so true to life. I'm not too sure how to explain it tbh. Comparing it to Euro 2008, I think EA have found the middle-ground to make Fifa 09 spot on. I just hope single player is improved, as imo multiplayer is perfect right now.

FSB will be attending an event in Manchester on Tuesday, its the UK finals of a Fifa 08 tourney. Uefa 2008 will be there to play, aswell as a few Man Utd players (Rooney confirmed, Ronaldo possibly). Apparently the winner of the event gets flown to Germany for the world finals. Im gonna sneak in as 'the camera guy' :p Check the FSBlog tues/weds night for some interesting vids.

Hmm, I'm not sure if the speed has been slowed down from that review vid. Can't tell imo. Will just have to wait until I get my hands on it! Hopefully Thursday. The AI is still shockingly piss poor, which worries me. Captain Your Country looks good, I noticed they said you can "use your own photo" to create your player. This could be something that's done via the EASports World website, I think they would have made more fuss if they had implemented the Xbox Live Vision Cam.

Overall I really don't think I can conclude much from this video as the AI is still so piss poor. Why don't they play it on World Class or Legendary and really show off the AI?

I am half excited and half worried!!! :anx:

Gamertv video worries me a little. Some occasions the GK doesnt move or is way off his line and the guy scores from miles away. Everything else looks fine.

I went on the demo again for a bit before.

I really don't like it very much if I'm honest.

Did a back-to-back comparison with F08, and it wasn't worth doing a comparison, F08 is much, much better.

Can't believe it's out this Friday, it's come around real quick. The demo isn't gonna tell us the whole story, I think the final game will be tweaked from the demo and will be noticeable different in terms of speed and build up play, and in terms of CPU AI :)).

Here's to a crazy next 5 days :COOPZ:

ok, gave the demo another bash over the weekend and i have to say i'm loving it still.

CPU now fouls which rarely happened in FIFA08 - i had 2 penalties awarded in 20 games and both me and the CPU had red cards for single fouls.

I defo had someone booked after an advantage too (although this time around there was less time between the advantage and the ref blowing the whistle).

Loving the improved camera angle for the penalties.

I noticed that the highlights now include events that didn't receive a replay during the match (previously shots etc that didn't get a replay weren't included at half-time/full-time).

There seems to be a bug when the CPU goalie catches a corner - 2 or 3 times he would just hold onto the ball and the defenders would stay in their original positions from the corner.

I also saw the bug that someone else had mentioned where the kits get confused and France wear Germany's kit and vice versa.

Overall though, my god, some of the football you can play is great.

Roll on Friday/Thursday.......

I REALLY, REALLY like the demo.

I fucking hate that yet again its another 2 min half thing. That just pisses me off.

For the love of god its only two teams and one stadium, they could at least give us a 10-15min game to play.

If 09 is an enhanced and improved version of this, I'll be happy.

I think im going to wait for some thoughts here before i pick this up - the metal gear online beta should do me anyway so ill end up picking this up later on when the price is lower

But then by that time the online ranking points feature might be useless to me as everyone will have amassed huge points by then so ... hmmmm... ill wait and see

Chaps,

I played the full version yesterday, the rumour about stock being delviered on the 11th to game retailers was correct.

Level Played: Professional
Time: 6 Mins
England v Croatia
Wembley Stadium
Sunny
Everything Manual bar the shooting, which I placed on Semi.

Ok let me start with the speed issue. The final release has noticebley lost half a yard of pace, which for me was perfection. It's still faster than FIFA 08 but for people who love to build up a decent attack, the loss of a little bit of speed can be fully appreciated. You can play from the back an pass the ball around the deck to create decent build up play. Another cool thing I noticed, after going 1-0 up thanks to a screamer from Wayne Rooney, England's confidence and momentum was sky high. My players seemed to play with a higher tempo and really exposed Croatia, who played like a team with their heads down, making silly errors and losing their shape (Its really hard to explain but it was so life like).

The responsiveness is still as good as the demo. I didn't really notice a difference even with a slight change in the speed, this made for some great build play especially when exchanging one touch passing with your players.

People worrying about the PESness like running through the defence at speed and scoring, get that out of your head. I tried to run through the defence several times and their defence tackled me with ease. Im guessing the difficulty setting iradicates the theory of PESlike goals. You defientley have to "play football" to score goals, but when you do score it makes the whole experience of playing Euro 2008 so much better.

Keepers; as much as they have improved, there are still some major floors with them. Croatia equalised with a fantasic header at the far post by Eduardo, but the thing that annoys me is that keepers still stick to their line. On thos occasion i tried pressing Y only for the keeper to run away from the crossed ball which left Eduardo with an empty goal to head the ball home. They also have a tendancy to punch the ball away when it would be so much easier to catch the ball, which left me screaming at the tv screen. However EA have defientley improved the way in which the keeper comes out with the opposite attacker clean through on goal, you can definetley feel the keeper making the net smaller as he tries and puts the player off from shooting clean at goal, i thought this was a pretty cool addition and one that could in handy when playing a superstar on the online mode. A simple tap in every time you are clean through is definetley a thing of the past!

Defensivley the game is pretty much what you come to expect from FIFA 08 although the full backs do make intelligent burts forward which is a joy of fresh air if you like to spread the play. It really does offer a new way to create the perfect attack. I also like the fact that if you full back has committed to far up the field the left/right hand sided midfielder will drop in to cover there position, now that was wicked! The centre halves still dont commit past the half way line even when attacking a corner, which is pretty drab, but it doesnt really affect the overall gameplay if im being honest.

**ALERT** Something that EA have fixed is the carding system. I wanted to see whether the ref would card a player after playing advantage and I can confirm, my player was given a yellow card when the ball went dead. I nearly came in my pants!!!

Although I still dont think the red card system has been updated which is pretty rubbish, the last man can still hack someone down and get a yellow card and there seems to be no sign of the keepers getting carded which does let the carding system down to some extent, but I can forgive this for now as long as this inclusion features in FIFA 09.

The game finished 2-1 to Croatia. They scored an absolute fantastic goal when some nice build up play lead them to create some space to plant an inch perfect pass in behind my defence for their attacker to force my keeper out wide and slot the ball home, it has got to be one of the best goals I have witnessed the computer AI score ever!

Final Thoughts:

I was only allowed to play one match, due to the game not even supposed to be out of its packaging, but from the one game I have played i can safley say that this game is a slight improvement on the demo and a definete step in the right direction for the franchise of FIFA next generation gaming. It has ironed out so many niggling issues from FIFA 08 that you can appreciate paying full price for 50 odd teams and a couple of stadiums.

I can honestly say that despite the limited game modes, its the best football game I have ever had the pleasure to play.

ROLL ON FRIDAY!

Last edited:
i have uploaded the full gamer tv video for anyone who is interested

speed doesn't look a problem (does it look slower than the demo?) the defence AI looked a bit suspect although not sure what settings they have used

Assuming the original version you have is in better quality, any chance you could upload it to somewhere like mediafire.com zshare.net or adrive.com so we can see it in good quality? Thanks :)

Back
Top Bottom