UEFA Euro 2008

Yeah I guess I am quite anti cut scene... It wouldn't be too bad if it was more like it is on TV, with long shots and pans etc, it's just too repetitive though, near miss cut to guy on Knees with head in hands.
I'm sure given all the spare room they have they could put a load more in.... The big killer for me is in games where you play for five minutes then watch 5 Min's of scene and plot explanation.

i have spoken to someone who works for EA, and has the game

and he has told me i will have to wait for fifa 09 for any co-op online, such as 5v5 etc

he said euro is only 1v1, but i thought as much anyway :((

2v2 wld of been a nice touch, but single player is going to be good enough i am sure

I don't but everyone else I know does! And I do want to get into it. Sometime. ;)

Plus it's a step backwards regardless, I wonder why they've done it. Someone at EA said before FIFA 08 that their goal was to get 11v11 within a few years. I'm hoping they're working on adding more players for FIFA 09 (and more gamemodes to do with it, making your own "football club" for example) rather than the feature disappearing entirely.

Yup, it's become increasing clear that they've dropped 5v5 for Euro08. The current reviews of the full game make no mention of it, so it's clearly not in.

The only thing that kept me playing the otherwise piss-poor FIFA08 was 5v5 on-line.

So, I've cancelled my pre-order for Euro08. Fuck EA. Unbelievable cunts. It's almost beyond belief that they'd go so far in their quest to copy Konami that they'd adopt the samre cunt-filled strategy of dropping good features from their games. What a bunch of wankers.

Plus it's a step backwards regardless, I wonder why they've done it.

I think it might have to do with server investment, adding the extra server space/bandwidth/etc for about 2 months for the possible millions of buyers and then getting rid of it after the tournament. Euro08 is a very short term game and with that in mind I can understand them not adding/keeping 5v5.

Yup, it's become increasing clear that they've dropped 5v5 for Euro08. The current reviews of the full game make no mention of it, so it's clearly not in.

The only thing that kept me playing the otherwise piss-poor FIFA08 was 5v5 on-line.

So, I've cancelled my pre-order for Euro08. Fuck EA. Unbelievable cunts. It's almost beyond belief that they'd go so far in their quest to copy Konami that they'd adopt the samre cunt-filled strategy of dropping good features from their games. What a bunch of wankers.

Eh! Calm down. It will be back for FIFA 09, as mentioned it's probably for server purposes, we complain enough about the EA servers and the extra load maybe too much. If you think 08 is piss poor then maybe it's better for you that you cancel. Wow it seems someone got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning. :DUMMY:

:oooh:

:lmao:

:DD

My god this game is so hard when you're drunk!(only the demo still).

I tried playing as Germany, and France tore me apart with some lovely football (think Arsenal for the first 20 mins of Tuesday's glorious match).

So there seems to be less obsession with the CPU to get to the wings and cross the ball in.

Good news.

Then I also noticed that the problem where the ref plays an advantage and never goes back to book the offending player has been addressed.

Good news again.

And this time next week we'll all be putting our lives on hold as we'll have our hands on it. :-)

Does this game include the qualifiers, you know, with the rest of Europe in it, or is it only the final competiton? Ta

Edit: Lol, just read a review which says they are included. Could be interesting then. I like the small nations :)

Last edited:
Does this game include the qualifiers, you know, with the rest of Europe in it, or is it only the final competiton? Ta

Edit: Lol, just read a review which says they are included. Could be interesting then. I like the small nations :)

Hey.. How you doin'? Haven't seen you around here before. You lookin' good ;)) You single? 'Coz i like to mingle :COOL:

Then I also noticed that the problem where the ref plays an advantage and never goes back to book the offending player has been addressed.
Say whaaaaaat? :BLINK:

I had no idea, in-fact I know several people have said after playing the demo it's still not fixed!

Just how drunk were you last night? Are you sure about this? ;))

Say whaaaaaat? :BLINK:

I had no idea, in-fact I know several people have said after playing the demo it's still not fixed!

Just how drunk were you last night? Are you sure about this? ;))

lol - it was actually tuesday morning when that happened to me so i was as sober as i ever am.

i'll try and re-create it over the weekend but i'm 1000% certain it happened.

stickyfingers will be made up, he keeps saying (as I do as well) that it's not fair when people hack you down all game and get away with it. If advantage is pulled back and they get carded, that's great news!

As long as there's a few red cards in there this time!

stickyfingers will be made up, he keeps saying (as I do as well) that it's not fair when people hack you down all game and get away with it. If advantage is pulled back and they get carded, that's great news!

ah...i tested that out too and i think there's still some work to be done on that element.

i've hacked people down clean through on goal with no other defenders around me and only received a yellow.

I have been sent off quite a number of times actually.

Is the Captain Your Country thing confirmed as offline or online?

I was thinking last night, if the guy said to Bitter "no co-op online play until FIFA 09", I think that would cover this mode as well. Offline you have the "co-op cam", which is what you'd use for CYC. So I think it will be offline only.

Is the Captain Your Country thing confirmed as offline or online?

I was thinking last night, if the guy said to Bitter "no co-op online play until FIFA 09", I think that would cover this mode as well. Offline you have the "co-op cam", which is what you'd use for CYC. So I think it will be offline only.

yea, i think so to

this is the user i spoke to http://live.xbox.com/en-GB/profile/profile.aspx?pp=0&GamerTag=Playmoe

his words, when asked about co-op 2v2 or 5v5 online etc
you'll have 2 wait until fifa09 with that. only 1on1 in euro.good luck.

and with all the reviews and lack of response from the EA representatives regarding co-op online (which would be selling point)

kind of confirms it to me

Last edited:
2nd impressions, after playing as often as possible:

playing on manual is even more fun, though it's a lot harder
- Unfortunally you have to find "fair players" when playing online
- do the stats (passing, shoting, etc) have any impact then ?

I really like the broadcast cam, but
- for me it's only working in the 360 demo, not on PS3
- it needs more zooming
- controls are turning by 45°, I'd like to have them as they are on tele (move stick left -> player runs/aims towards goal)

referee still needs to be impoved (carding). But far better then FIFA08

set plays need to be reworked (luckily the AI doesn't score on every freekick -> big improvement)

Nets still need to be improved. Nets on PS3 seem to be "more loose" (anyone noticed this, too?), it looks more realistic, especially when scoring with a screamer.

I've got no penalty rewarded yet. I've still not seen a goalie getting booked, commiting a foul -> needs to be implemented

kits, numbering, lettering and faces still need a massive improvement

AI has improved, but I have to wait for the final version (more/different teams, higher difficulties) to review this (important) aspect

I'd like to be able to fill up the shooting bar by pressing more then once (especially on freekicks)

PS3 controls needs to be the same as 360:
I'm using new/alternative. RB is running, LB switch player/high thrugh ball on 360. PS3 has R2 running and R1 switch player/high thrugh ball

___

I'm still looking forward to next week like a child...

I don't but everyone else I know does! And I do want to get into it. Sometime. ;)

Plus it's a step backwards regardless, I wonder why they've done it. Someone at EA said before FIFA 08 that their goal was to get 11v11 within a few years. I'm hoping they're working on adding more players for FIFA 09 (and more gamemodes to do with it, making your own "football club" for example) rather than the feature disappearing entirely.

Yeah i would have thought this stop-gap of a game would give them a chance to try more stuff out not drop stuff

just add another 3 people to make it 8 and your almost at where you want to be, if it dont work go back to 5 vs 5 on Fifa 09

strange decision

they are looking to achieve 11v11 by the next worldcup and they probably know what will or won't work right now

look at 5v5 on fifa 08, it still has problems

until they get 5v5 right there is no point moving to the next step, this is probably being worked on ready for fifa 09, and a fixed, more smooth 5v5 on fifa 09, is as much as i can expect

as for euro 08, i can understand them not implementing it in this version, although 2v2 would of been a nice addition

Never trust a norwegian ;-)

haha, i won't take your word for it then ;))

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom