UEFA Euro 2008

From what ive heard and read yes this is true. Stores are receiving it as early as Friday but arent allowed to sell it until the FOLLOWING friday... it sucks!

Ye i think its pretty common for stores to have games week early but not allowed to sell.

I read elsewhere GTA at retailers head offices how true it is i dont know.

Play.com used to deliver pre-orders so that they arrived the day before the official release date, they don't do that any more... :( Maybe they got told off for it :-pp.

lol. I know I said not to judge the demo except on gameplay, but damn does it look stupid to see podolski doing the robot. man. that was my first time seeing it too. the goal looked awesome though! too bad it's only on semi though!

lol. I know I said not to judge the demo except on gameplay, but damn does it look stupid to see podolski doing the robot. man. that was my first time seeing it too. the goal looked awesome though! too bad it's only on semi though!

online xbox live games are set to semi pro also so the goal is gd :)

In Germany... they will sell the game on next Thursday... thank god. Can't wait to play the game. :)

forgot theres only a week to go think I will head into town on the 14th or 15th to search for it then see if any1 will sell me a copy by mistake :)

Did I see a stutter at that goal? ;))

No it is a prealpha or a prebeta or maybe an 80% version of the game, or maybe the reviewer's code or something went wrong with uploading the video..... i have a friend who played the full version, he said it is a beauty in action with amazing framerate.....

No it is a prealpha or a prebeta or maybe an 80% version of the game, or maybe the reviewer's code or something went wrong with uploading the video..... i have a friend who played the full version, he said it is a beauty in action with amazing framerate.....

LOL, sounds VERY familiar :w00t:

Whos this friend/contact of yours? does he puff the herbs with Seabass and co? We aint falling for the same old Pony that we were given during PES2008...

If one reviewer rates the game very low and the other says it is the best football game ever, I wonder what is happening :BLINK:

You know he's genuine because he says:

Unlike the fanatical sets of FIFA and Pro Evo players though, I have no loyalty to the brand. I was a Pro Evo player right up until last year, but I switched to FIFA because EA upped its game considerably, with some great new features, a stable online component and the best game engine that they’d ever produced. It was clear that the developer had finally got its finger out and was serious about creating the perfect all-round soccer title in terms of look, presentation and game-play. On the flip side, Pro Evo, for me, seemed stuck in the same place that it was in 2006 with the same game-play, features and presentation.

Which is what happened to me, my brother-in-law, my dad, and everyone I know. I've not seen another reviewer say this so far, so instantly I believe what he says (rightly or wrongly).

Mother of mercy, look at this review...

Pros
Presentation, visuals and audio
Captain your Country mode
You can have your name on the shirt and have the commentator mention you!
Best football engine yet
Captures the atmosphere of the big match

Cons
Corners are more difficult to score from
Interactive celebrations will probably annoy you, if you’re on the opposing team

UEFA EURO 2008 isn’t just EA’s best football game, it’s the best football game ever.

Wow, obviously Hexus weren't considered important enough for Konami to buy off. ;) :D

Last edited:
Hexus said:
Now here’s the bit I love. Isn’t it every football-loving boy’s dream to play and captain their country? Well, this mode let’s you do that and, I’m still grinning about this, you can put your surname on the back of your shirt and have the commentator refer to you by your surname throughout the game! This made me feel about I was 15 years of age, I can tell you. I was delighted to discover that amongst the 200+ commentator names that you can choose whilst creating your player; it had my surname amongst them. Not everyone is going to be as lucky, but I can tell you that if you are it’s really a moment to be savoured as you score a goal and the commentator shouts out your name when you strike the ball and then you run off to celebrate and see your name on the back of the shirt

Haha that sounds great.

Hexus said:
The water spots and mud patches on the pitch certainly have an effect the ball as it slows down in those spots and the negative tactics from teams, such as Azerbaijan, who put 10 players behind the ball if they play you at Wembley, make you work hard to try and win every match.

Confirmation Wembley is in :D

Last edited:
Well, that's closer to what I suspect! EA buyes off one, Konami the other :LOL:
Well all the copies of WE, WEFE, WEJL and PES Konami have sold year after year and then PES2008 turns out the way it did. All that money has to go somewhere doesn't it? ;)

Seriously though...

Normally you are so critical, what happened to you! :DD
Normally I am critical, but usually a reviewer won't make an opening statement like that - especially not one saying he's always been a fan of X game. He's described exactly what I experienced myself, and what everyone I know experienced, so that instantly makes him more genuine than other reviewers in my eyes.

Personal opinion can still differ of course, but it's as good an indicator as any.

Last edited:
I hope Steve is being honest and unbiased. Can't wait for a very good football game. Had to go back to PES6 (Patched PS2 version) and loving it atm. Feels like a new improved game to me specially after playing PES2008 on 360 :lol: Btw i posted some of the older WE/PES intros in this thread here http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=43688. Why can't we have that in-game now that we are on next gen? Or is this next gen just a gimmick?

I really like the Euro 2008 demo but the 2min halves isn't enough to take my time and explore. April 18th can't come any sooner...

Really hope we can set up proper online cups and not another crap interactive mode like fifa 08.

man after reading the review I gutted I won't be playing this till May. Thank God GTA IV will fill the gap. You pal 360 and PS3 owners are so damn lucky...

Back
Top Bottom