UEFA Euro 2008

yeah - you should be able to switch that off.

oh yeah another thing i've just remembered is the way that the player that you are in control of when the opposition has a goal kick is often your right back. this could be a biggie if not rectified before release.

and the usual obsession with the right back miraculously making up 100 yards to celebrate with your strikers is still in.

overall though most of our collective moans are cosmetic issues.

100 yards? What football you watching? Then you presume right backs standing next to their corners flags and run all the way to the other end? C'mon. I see defenders celebrating in real games too and thats natural. Most defenders would be standing near the halfway line when their team is attacking.

But what is annoying in Fifa is seeing defenders always to be the first to celebrate with the goal scorer. It should be the ones closer to him or atleast make it random.

100 yards? What football you watching? Then you presume right backs standing next to their corners flags and run all the way to the other end? C'mon. I see defenders celebrating in real games too and thats natural. Most defenders would be standing near the halfway line when their team is attacking.

But what is annoying in Fifa is seeing defenders always to be the first to celebrate with the goal scorer. It should be the ones closer to him or atleast make it random.

That's the point I was making Lami - I was just exagerating to drive the point home.

It is annoying. When i first saw the trailer before the demo i spotted players other than defenders celebrating with the goal scorer. But again in the demo it wasn't the case.

EDIT: And why are the players always pissed off when subbed?

It is annoying. When i first saw the trailer before the demo i spotted players other than defenders celebrating with the goal scorer. But again in the demo it wasn't the case.

EDIT: And why are the players always pissed off when subbed?

Its a demo!! not every animation is going to be in it

Lami;1298544 EDIT: And why are the players always pissed off when subbed?[/QUOTE said:
LOL! i wonder this too. This cut scenes really humor me. They need to add different types of cut scenes for this. For example; Player jogging out clapping with a medium close up view camera, Other times, player walking to the bench in disgust etc..

Also, I would like to see for once a player smile or laugh at while he is celebrating after scoring.

Oh well, these things aren't really that important in the whole scope of things. They are as someone here mentioned, cosmetic.

To follow up on something I said a few pages ago, there was a bit I tried to explain here:

[in PES2008] I had a shot as I was running into the side of the box - from a position that would always lead to a save and a corner in FIFA 08, guaranteed - and it actually went into the net. The keeper dived low, I shot high, and his outstretched hand couldn't get to it. It felt completely natural, I took a good shot and it went in, as it would in real life, but in FIFA it's always saved.

(...)

I decided to put the Euro 08 demo in for a quick comparison. The speed felt just right (obviously it feels too fast after playing FIFA, and it is too fast I'm sure, but after playing PES it didn't feel unrealistic at all), the passing was neat and crisp - but what shocked me the most? I scored exactly the same goal that I'd just scored in PES.

I ran into the box from the side (...) then did the shot that would always result in a corner on FIFA. The keeper dived low but with his hands up, the shot went high, and it was a goal.

I was just watching Liverpool v Arsenal and Diaby's goal is exactly what I'm talking about, apart from his goal being on the floor. To see the goal CLICK HERE.

In FIFA that shot is always tipped out for a corner, always. In the Euro demo it went in just like the goal, and I literally jumped back in the chair for a minute thinking "woah I didn't expect that!"

Ok, I havent played the demo or read all the messages, but I keep thinking why EA insists on those cut-scenes with random players celebrating? Why don't they do like in PES, where the celebration is a continuation of the play, and the players who are near the scorer celebrate with him....it's so more real and gives us much more excitement when scoring a goal....It's just so simple, why do they keep those stupid cut-scenes since last centuries' FIFAs??????

I think the meat and bones of this EURO 2008 demo is the gameplay. EA really wanted to show the improvement over FIFA08 and drive it home. Graphically, we are seeing glitches, repetition, yada yada, blah blah blah, but it is only a demo and we are only using the same two teams, so after awhile, it will annoy us. Plus with such short halves, hell, we get hungrier to play more, so we end up playing a billion games. Surely after that, we will find plenty of things to annoy the hell out of us.
It's only a demo though. Gameplay wise, I am very excited about the full game though and am seeing why I invested so much money into the next-gen, since playing some realistic footie games with great graphics and gameplay was always what I wanted. EA looks like they are definitely walking in the right direction for once!
Too bad we can't play online with the demo against other people, that would be the best test of all! Only in the land of candy drops and boobie pops! ;p~~~

PS. Thank god they added the power meter to everything when you change to manual or even semi, it just makes sense.

Last edited:
This game is FANTASTIC. Man, I've never been this impressed with EA.

The intro is brilliant. Anyone know the song from the intro? Thanks.

Ok, I havent played the demo or read all the messages, but I keep thinking why EA insists on those cut-scenes with random players celebrating? Why don't they do like in PES, where the celebration is a continuation of the play, and the players who are near the scorer celebrate with him....it's so more real and gives us much more excitement when scoring a goal....It's just so simple, why do they keep those stupid cut-scenes since last centuries' FIFAs??????

very good point u made, i was thinking the same when i played the demo, for me ea wasted they time on doing that stupid blue box celebration, i hate it:(
i really hope ea will take this idea off for fifa09,
& doit exactly like in pes, for example give all the star players they famos celebration they do in real life, & put some generic celebretions for other players + be able to edit the way u want them to celb in edit mode, so that we chose the player we want & give him the celeb we want, just like in pes games, this way the game will follow the realistic way, coz i really don't like the blue box idea, for example me doing the robot dance with Anelka, it isn't right, i wanna see his real one the eagle sign he does when he score.
i thing if ea takes some pes ideas from they famos edit mode & put it on fifa 09, then thats the time when pes will be dead forever

i thing if ea takes some pes ideas from they famos edit mode & put it on fifa 09, then thats the time when pes will be dead forever

What we need is for WE/PES to rework their whole engine again and implement next-gen realistic gameplay into their system with great graphics. If EA are alone at the top, who will push them to keep punching out quality work?

We don't want them to get lazy, right?

Hell, if it wasn't for WE/PES a few years back, show casing their superior gameplay mechanics and realism, EA wouldn't have been as stressed to improve upon their own game! I love where EA is going with FIFA, we just need WE/PES to get back on track so that they are pushing each other to make awesome footie games!

What we need is for WE/PES to rework their whole engine again and implement next-gen realistic gameplay into their system with great graphics. If EA are alone at the top, who will push them to keep punching out quality work?

We don't want them to get lazy, right?

Hell, if it wasn't for WE/PES a few years back, show casing their superior gameplay mechanics and realism, EA wouldn't have been as stressed to improve upon their own game! I love where EA is going with FIFA, we just need WE/PES to get back on track so that they are pushing each other to make awesome footie games!

totaly agree
thats the reasen why i was really happy to see ea compiting konami in terms of gameplay, & that's why i think konami
have a good reasen to improve they game this year.
competition is what as football fans want,
not so much the fanboys

I have everything on manual besides passing (semi) and shooting (semi).

The game just feels 10x harder now on semi, its like the AI have improved coz my passes havent changed much.

I guess ive just gone crap at the game, ive been struggling on FIFA too :(

I've played this game today after quite a while now with everything on manual and it feels like a different game. Even though I lost all my games 0-1 i feel better.

This game is FANTASTIC. Man, I've never been this impressed with EA.

The intro is brilliant. Anyone know the song from the intro? Thanks.

YELLE - "A Cause Des Garçons" (Riot in Belgium Remix)

or Carolina Liar - "I'm not over"

Last edited:
11th is the date they start shipping to stores, so this should be in stores on the 14th ish

and if you are lucky enough to know someone who will sell the game before the street date (18th) then that would be cool..

i expect to have this within the next few days and i can't wait, need something to take my mind off recent happenings :))

Back
Top Bottom