UEFA Euro 2008

Just noticed on SportsGamer.com (which is a GameSpot-run site, so they're not a bunch of know-nothings), in their Euro 2008 demo article, they say; "despite this being an incomplete build of the game, the changes that we have already seen are more than enough to get us excited for the release."

Not noticed that before. So the FIFA 08 demo was an early build and they say the Euro 08 demo was an early build too.

Jesus I cannot wait any longer for the full game.
Maybe the final build is slower :-pp

That eurogamer article got me excited i must say, the on line modes sounds particularly fun to play, but i still havent' decided which country to choose, maybe spain since they screw up badly all the time....

The speed is just fine. I feel in control of the game now - couldn't really say that about FIFA 08.

I fell across this demo at the weekend having been away from the forums for a while and have to say I'll loving it.

A couple of things concern me however but they won't affect the gameplay - one is the very generous player rating system - a keeper can make three average saves and get a man of a match performance with a score of 10.

The other thing is the obsession with Clive to go on about the rain, when it's not even raining at all! Saying that the affect the rain has on the pitch and player movement is great.

Eitherway I'm defo going to get this game, trading in FIFA08, then if it all goes tits up then GTAIV should *hopefully* save the day.

Even if UEFA 2008 is just an improved version of FIFA 08 then bonus!

I've noticed the player models look a little better than in FIFA 08. I hope this means in 09 they will make them even better. I'm sick of the hunchback players. I played PES2008 the other day and they have the player models spot on. You just know when Torres, Ronaldo, Henry etc have the ball because of their body shape. FIFA needs to sort that out. Torres looks like Gravesen with hair in Fifa..

Until they starting running :LOL:

Although I do love this demo I will still keep FIFA 08. I played it all night on Sunday (although I was hammered so maybe that helped!) ;)

@ Plan M - is there any other way to plan online lol!

Those Barcelona loving b*stard kids must think all their Christmas' have come at once when they realise they are playing someone with the hand-to-eye coordination of a blind mouse.

Which is basically me every Saturday night..

A couple of things concern me however but they won't affect the gameplay - one is the very generous player rating system - a keeper can make three average saves and get a man of a match performance with a score of 10.

Yeah I noticed that, hopefully it'll be tweaked for the final version, it's also likely that the very short demo time means that players don't have a chance to really do lots of good things and bad things to provide a more balanced performance, at least it can't be worse than Fifa08 hopefully, I just won 3-0 in the league cup against Mansfield, my forward got 2 goals and an assist and man of the match was given to my right back with a 7 rating :MAD:

I can't play with the lower league teams on FIFA. It's so fecking boring - the players reponses are even worse than normal and the generic stadiums really pee me off.

Agreed, i think it is about time they keep as much action as possible on the pitch, all these cutscenes are a pain in the ass. And also it would be glad if we could make all the changes without pausing the game.

That fucking "Now perform a celebration!" box really gets on my tits are scoring. THERE IS NO NEED.

yeah - you should be able to switch that off.

oh yeah another thing i've just remembered is the way that the player that you are in control of when the opposition has a goal kick is often your right back. this could be a biggie if not rectified before release.

and the usual obsession with the right back miraculously making up 100 yards to celebrate with your strikers is still in.

overall though most of our collective moans are cosmetic issues.

Can't see there being 52 seperate stadiums really :( The Eurogamer preview sounded good when it said Andorra's pitch was a shithole and the crowd were whistling :)

I mean i am not sure the eurogamer fellow would really know whether that was the real andorra stadium or another one assigned to andorra....

Yea, it's probably a generic shit stadium I reckon. How many stadiums did 08 have?

There's probably generic stadiums for different parts of Europe. I hope some of the real national stadiums make it. Wembley, Olympic Stadium Berlin etc.

The celebration box really pisses me off too and I have a bad feeling we won't be able to turn it off. It's not in the graphics options or anything.

There's probably generic stadiums for different parts of Europe. I hope some of the real national stadiums make it. Wembley, Olympic Stadium Berlin etc.

The celebration box really pisses me off too and I have a bad feeling we won't be able to turn it off. It's not in the graphics options or anything.

it will turn off after X amount of times once a profile is saved and used...;))

Can't see there being 52 seperate stadiums really :( The Eurogamer preview sounded good when it said Andorra's pitch was a shithole and the crowd were whistling :)

Yeah, I reckon there'll be a few generic stadia. Would be cool to have the Faroe's cliff top stadium, but I doubt very much it or many other real stadia will be in there.

I also wonder about that reviewers comments about the Andorra pitch being a mud-bath. I wouldn't be surprised if it was just the sodden pitch with pudddles that we got in the demo. The reviewer wouldn't have played that demo so wouldn't realise if it was the same pitch conditions. I really hope it is a muddy pitch as opposed to just the standard wet one, but doubt it.

Back
Top Bottom