UEFA Euro 2008

The Euro Comentary has started to piss me off a bit "Nicola Anelka"

Well "Nicola" is the correct way to say it, as long as the a is pronounced as in "bar", the s is silent, it's just the Anglicising of his name that turned it into the normal English "Nicholas" type pronunciation which is wrong.

Yes, but last week it had a 4/19 release date.

Point is they are making me wait an extra month.

I think you'll find the North American release date was always announced as May, if you saw some site saying April then it was either wrong or talking about the European version........

Why is America even getting a game about a European football tournament?

;))

Firstly, make a master account and not a sub account.

Secondly, don't use a real email address. Put anything in, it doesn't matter, as long as it's in the form of a real email address. This is why I suggested misternothing@somewhereintheuk.co.uk.

If you still have problems let me know. I suggest you PM me because we're cluttering up the thread here!
This of course worked! :D
Thank you very much Jack Bauer.

Played a few games at my friends house on Saturday and it's absolutely brilliant. I found myself making much better plays than I did on FIFA 08. I scored a brilliant goal from a free kick. I lobbed the ball into the area, Ballack ran between the defenders and hit it first time into the top corner. It was a joy to watch.

In the last game we played it was me as Germany against my friend and my brother and I absolutely demolished them 6 - 0.

I'm going to preorder it right now.

Last edited:
:lol: Get back on-topic or CW will have a fit when he see's all this!

...no he won't. Since Euro 08 still lets you hack the other team until they're missing one of their legs, with no repercussion, he'll be thrilled and completely forgot about any off topic banter... ;)

Jack, are you raving about UEFA Euro 2008 on 360 or PS3?

I still cant decide what console to go for.

Cheers
Shooto

Why will it be their last chance?

PES2009 will be good only if Konami decide they want to invest some real time and effort in revamping it.

If they don't, if they just tinker with the garbage that is PES2008 and release that, many of us here won't buy it but Konami will survive and PES will survive.

After all, FIFA survived through a decade of being dross...

Unfortunately, I agree that 09 might well be their last chance (and I alluded to such earlier in this thread), and in a word, here's why - "licensing."

More and more folks are choosing next-gen consoles as their platform(s) of choice, and less and less folks are PC-based, which means the market has pretty clearly moved to consoles, and that's where you need to be strong to be profitable.

Even _if_ PES 08 had been really good, it would have been an unsatisfying experience on the XB 360, as there's no way to _really_ edit the players (kits, badges, names, commentary) on the XB 360 as many of us have taken for granted over the years of playing PES on our PCs.

Even on the PCs, I think many folks were only "putting up with" the modding because the gameplay was _so much_ better on PES.

As EA closes that gap, even to "close enough," less and less folks will go through the mod hassles and just start playing FIFA.

Here in the States we've actually seen the original gambit from which EA's licensing playbook is now based.

In the late 90s, Visual Concepts (VC) released their NFL (American) football property, NFL 2K, to rave reviews. Over they years, VC continued to improve the 2K gameplay and was fairly regularly receiving better reviews (from both players and game zines) than EAs Madden series.

In 2004, someone at EA realized they could end this whole arms race (which, while being of _great_ benefit to the NFL game players, was wasting dollars EA could simply keep in their coffers) by locking up the rights to NFL teams/players by securing an exclusive licensing deal.

...and that was the end of VC's NFL entries. All the gameplay in the world wouldn't matter if gamers couldn't play with the real players.

That is where EA is headed with (European) football now, the only difference is that with American football, they had (recently) been a market leader, so relatively minor improvements in gameplay combined with exclusive licensing was able to kill the competition.

With European football, EA has never (until now) had a product which (legitimate) fans would mention in the same breath as the PES series, so they had to make serious improvements to the gameplay before any real gamers would give a fat rat's ass about their licenses.

I think they've closed that gap considerably, and for all the reasons above, I do think if PES 09 is a flop again, then Konami runs the risk of killing the golden goose entirely.

As a footnote, even if PES 09 is a winner, Konami is either going to need to pony up and secure a licensing agreement (which, given the depth of EA's pockets, I don't think they can do) or introduce a vastly improved editor over what they provided with PES 08, one which allows communities to share their creations - if not, I think they still might find themselves in the deep water...

Jack, are you raving about UEFA Euro 2008 on 360 or PS3?

I still cant decide what console to go for.

Cheers
Shooto
More people will be getting it on the 360 and online play is the best aspect of football games IMO (didn't used to be but it is now thanks to Online Leagues). I know 50+ people who play FIFA regularly on 360, 5+ on PS3.

So I would only get it on 360 personally but obviously it depends on who you know and what you want to do with the game.

Depends what their arguments were, I can imagine this getting generally lower scores all round as its only a tournament game.

However IIRC they were pro PES08 aswell.

67% lol should have given pes 40% then I have played pes for the last 3 days and boy is it getting me angry all the stupid things the players do and the wing backs are shocking

Back
Top Bottom