UEFA Euro 2008

Everybody wrote good things about Euro 2008 and wait for Fifa 09.I'm wating for PES 2009!I think that Pes 09 will be the best soccer game,why??because KONAMI know that will be the last chance to make something good.KONAMI made one mistake(PES 2008)but it is only one game.FIFA won a battle not a war.When Pes 2009 will be realesed we can compare PES 2009 and FIFA 08,09,Euro.THX

Everybody wrote good things about Euro 2008 and wait for Fifa 09.I'm wating for PES 2009!I think that Pes 09 will be the best soccer game,why??because KONAMI know that will be the last chance to make something good.KONAMI made one mistake(PES 2008)but it is only one game.FIFA won a battle not a war.When Pes 2009will be realesed we can compare PES 2009 and FIFA 08,09,Euro.THX

It took 2 years for fifa to write a new next gen engine (fifa 07) and then another 1.5 year to get to a good responsive smooth game like euro2008, that makes 3.5 years to come to this next gen level.

I am not sure what makes you think than in a few months konami can produce a good game after that shabby broken game called pes2008. But if they do i'am gonna be happily surprised.

Everybody wrote good things about Euro 2008 and wait for Fifa 09.I'm wating for PES 2009!I think that Pes 09 will be the best soccer game,why??because KONAMI know that will be the last chance to make something good.KONAMI made one mistake(PES 2008)but it is only one game.FIFA won a battle not a war.When Pes 2009 will be realesed we can compare PES 2009 and FIFA 08,09,Euro.THX
That is the HEIGHT of optimism mate. There is no way PES 2009 will be anywhere NEAR the standard..

I'd laugh if PES09 was pretty much the same as 08

You must have benn laughing for years then since it was the same game since pes3, it only got slighly worse through the years...

Anyway i played quite a lot yesterday euro08, indeed a good game but my fear is that it might turn out to be too easy like the other HB studios game i played (rugby, nba and nhl), they do have a tendency to make games that are fun to play but lack of deepth in a long term.

First KONAMI want realese Pes 09 in 2009 year.Second they musn't change the graphic only make a lifting(it's enought).Than they can work only for gameplay.Everebody must know something:KONAMI have very,very big experience to make a realistic soccer games.I think they can bit Ea but they have to bring good thigs for old engine,make a lot of new things and all mix.This way to win!

I think that Pes 09 will be the best soccer game,why?? because KONAMI know that will be the last chance to make something good.

Why will it be their last chance?

PES2009 will be good only if Konami decide they want to invest some real time and effort in revamping it.

If they don't, if they just tinker with the garbage that is PES2008 and release that, many of us here won't buy it but Konami will survive and PES will survive.

After all, FIFA survived through a decade of being dross.

I'd laugh if PES09 was pretty much the same as 08

I'd laugh too, but then probably feel bad. I'd sooner PES became good again and pushed trhe genre into new territory. There's still so much that can be improved in both FIFA and PES, I want them to push each other in terms of innovation.

Last edited:
Downloaded this yesterday to see what it was like compared to the 360 version. Not sure if its my settings, but the game looked far rougher with far more jaggies then the 360 version. Also it stuttered a bit with the ball near the halfway line.

Have I just been welcomed to ps3 multiplatform gaming or can I change settings? (720p, hdmi)

Downloaded this yesterday to see what it was like compared to the 360 version. Not sure if its my settings, but the game looked far rougher with far more jaggies then the 360 version. Also it stuttered a bit with the ball near the halfway line.

Have I just been welcomed to ps3 multiplatform gaming or can I change settings? (720p, hdmi)
In my experience 720p is best for games, on 1080i you notice interlacing lines when the screen moves (best noticed going sideways on the main menu of the PS3). Could just be my Samsung but it's the same on Toshibas as well, from what I've seen.

Most games I have tried so far across both consoles have been better on the 360, most likely because they have to be designed with that in mind (being the technically weaker system) and then quickly ported to the PS3 when the game is ready.

Guys lets not get into the whole PES v FIFA debate AGAIN! It's so fecking tedious.

Just had something very realistic happen to me on the demo:
I had the ball with Anelka, noticed Henry in space behind (about 25 yards out) and passed it to him, with Henry I whacked it first time and it flew into the near corner at pace, I thought it was a keeper mistake but when I looked at the replay I noticed that the ball curved a lot and the keeper went towards the wrong side, then the momentum meant he couldn't get over quick enough to the side where the ball swerved to save the shot.
Looked very realistic.

Happened in fifa ALL the time. Simply play 2 player 100% of the time (not online). Ull see a lot of new things playing with two intelligent players rather than dumb AI or immature 12 year olds punting it from half way.

No Plan, but I still want to react on this one....

It took 2 years for fifa to write a new next gen engine (fifa 07) and then another 1.5 year to get to a good responsive smooth game like euro2008, that makes 3.5 years to come to this next gen level.

I am not sure what makes you think than in a few months konami can produce a good game after that shabby broken game called pes2008. But if they do i'am gonna be happily surprised.
.... because it is a very reasonable post, certainly for Charlievolano's standards :LOL:
What he said is my concern as well. Konami will probably not have enough time to make PES 2009 a full next-gen game. After the release of PES 2008 they needed a lot of time to patch all versions ( NOT a good job! ) and lately they presented the Wii-version of PES 2008. I understand that other programmers kept working on PES 2009, but not with enough man. So I expect them to be too little, too late :SS
At best I expect a slower game with better online with a little improvement at some points.
About UEFA 2008: Maybe people do not expect it from me, but I will buy it on the first day of release, although my hart lies on the PES series. But I agree: UEFA 2008 is good quality :))

Last edited:
I don't understand why people feel they HAVE to stick with a particular series of game? If I played Gran Turismo and loved it - I'd buy it. If I loved PES 2009 - I'd buy it. If I loved FIFA 09 - I'd buy it.

I will NEVER EVER understand "Fanboyism". :shock:

I don't understand why people feel they HAVE to stick with a particular series of game? If I played Gran Turismo and loved it - I'd buy it. If I loved PES 2009 - I'd buy it. If I loved FIFA 09 - I'd buy it.

because you don't get free beta copies, invitation to game events with nice lunches and some free drinks, a bit of popularity and maybe the chance to be working for MS or Sony in a near future...

because you don't get free beta copies, invitation to game events with nice lunches and some free drinks, a bit of popularity and maybe the chance to be working for MS or Sony in a near future...

That suits me, I don't want to work for MS or Sony thanks! :DD

Ditto.

True

I have the feeling that this post of plan M about fanboys was directed towards me:
I don't see why to make such an item of being a fanboy or not. Games have to do with taste as well. I like the way PES has certain things, like the master league and the option to edit all kind of things. Does that make me a fanboy? Maybe, but then why do I also buy UEFA 2008?
Main thing is that people keep honest in their opinion towards both games.
If a fanboy is some guy who cannot see the good things of the other game, then I am no fanboy ;)

I'm a GTA fanboy. Does that make me bad? And after just completing Crackdown, 10 mins ago, i've become a fanboy of it too :D It is the first game i have completed on my 360..

"Fanboy" doesn't have to be something bad really. But what's bad is going into fights/arguments/debates and being stubborn over a game that you are a fanboy of that isn't up to good standard. If it is bad then it's bad, if its good then its good. To me fanboys should be more critical to their beloved "thing" than anyone else.

Remember why you became a fanboy in the first place? Because it really impressed you. So as long as it keeps doing that to you then you should be happy. If it goes the wrong way then you should be the first to criticize it so as to put it back on the right path.

PES/WE was wonderful for many many years. I am a fanboy of it because it gave me the best football experience on a console. This year they fucked up. Should i be happy? Definitely not. It should be criticized to death and probably compensate us loyals fans. It doesn't have to be money; compensate me with a great football sim with your next release and i'm a happy man :)

If this Euro 2008 game turned out real good, i'll be a fanboy of it too.

The actual definition of Fanboy (as I know it) is you love 1 game in a particular Area, you do nothing but promote it promote it promote it!! (like WENB) You then rubbish another game in the same Area when you havent even tried it because you religiously LOVE the game its competing with... (if im wrong someone please correct me)

Back
Top Bottom