UEFA Euro 2008

Just watched highlights after a game and the highlights are a lot better :DD

Choosing actual good chances on goal etc.

I watched a replay yesterday and it must have gone for about 20 secs.
I had a shot saved which was then cleared up to the halfway line. I then strung a few passes together, got to byline, crossed and smacked in a volley. Quality.

So my point is the replays are actually good and not just the last 2 passes of a move.

One thing they have really improved on is the outside of the foot shooting. I scored a beauty with HEnry. He caught it sweet with the outside of his foot and the ball swerved away from the keeper, it looked amazing.

You can't please some people. :-pp

Everybody wanted quicker response times, EA have given us that.

It will obviously make the game feel a little bit quicker.

I played a lot of FIFA 08 over the past few days, and then stick UEFA on and its a breath of fresh air to play.

Don't get me wrong the demo seems very good, enjoyed what I played so far, most annoying thing is the fact they limit us to 2x2min halves why the hell do they do that? I can't see any need other than EA being EA :(

First match I was France and lost 2-0, second match I was Germany and I lost 2-0, 3rd match I did Be a Pro and I was Ribery and it was 0-0, I got an 8.5 but that was mostly from the first half as I was very good ;) 4th match I was France and won 1-0 :)

Ok so the animations do run a bit fast (its noticeable and funny at times) and the CPU (semi pro) doesnt seem to know how to defend... but when I played this against a mate the other day It turned out to be some of the most enjoyable games ive ever played on a FIFA Related title....

Negativety? People overhere are very forgiving if they see something they dont like in UEFA 2008. I have seen items that made people furious in the past if it happened with PES. Now they just say 'oh well, it's only the demo' ;)

I sense a lot of bitterness coming from you Han, was PES2008 not what you expected? :)

Nobody's being "forgiving", at least the faults that emerge are new ones in FIFA/Euro and not the same faults we've been dying to see eliminated for the past ten years in PES. That's good enough for me.

:( I dont like all the negativity! Am I the only one who thinks this is awesome? it has a few minor issues but no new MAJOR ones have appeared in my eyes...

I love it too, a huge step up from 08 if you ask me. The outside of the foot shots are great, Henry hit a great shot from a tight angle to slice the ball into the net, looked amazing :)

I love the demo, sure it's not perfect but it never will be. The increase in speed is a good thing (although I prefer ps3 speed to 360) and the keepers seem better too. The only thing I'd change gameplay wise based on the demo is to make the keepers better (as usual!). But considering I was trying the demo out and ready to roll my eyes at another cash-in, I'm seriously considering buying this even though I own fifa - the extra speed seems a worthwhile reason to spend as I know I'll play the game alot more. EA must love people like me!

From what i see from the videos i particularly like the new passing system, it does look very realistic, passing into space and the players making a smart move.

P.S.
I am also thinking about a new blog about pes 2009, www.winningelevenflop.com...

Last edited:
The only thing I'd change gameplay wise based on the demo is to make the keepers better (as usual!).

On the PS3 I honestly haven't had any problems with the keepers. They make some great saves and I haven't once seen them fuck up. Also bringing out the keeper with Triangle is a hell of an improvement over FIFA and I have again had no problems whatsover doing it. It's absolutely fine for me.

Really enjoying the demo but still very very happy with FIFA. Can't believe I'm saying that after being ISS/Pro Evo since time began. Still trying to convert some of the lads in work but they are having none of it.

:( I dont like all the negativity! Am I the only one who thinks this is awesome? it has a few minor issues but no new MAJOR ones have appeared in my eyes...
The speed of the game will be a MAJOR flaw if it is left as is for me.

I sense a lot of bitterness coming from you Han, was PES2008 not what you expected? :)
It wasn't :tumble:
See, I always organize tournaments on this Dutch website ( see my sig ) but on-line is so terrible that you can't run quality tournaments that way, as you get disconnects or teleports which spoil the tournaments. I waited a while for a patch, but the one they made did not work really. I hope for a better PES 2009, else I better stop doing these tournaments. Konami let us down and I hope they make it good for us with PES 2009, although I have my doubts....

It wasn't :tumble:
See, I always organize tournaments on this Dutch website ( see my sig ) but on-line is so terrible that you can't run quality tournaments that way, as you get disconnects or teleports which spoil the tournaments. I waited a while for a patch, but the one they made did not work really. I hope for a better PES 2009, else I better stop doing these tournaments. Konami let us down and I hope they make it good for us with PES 2009, although I have my doubts....

I suggest you run FIFA tournaments then, smooth as silk online. :rock:

Back
Top Bottom