UEFA Euro 2008

I'd rather the build up and speed was slower and reaction times were slower, as is in FIFA08. Playing this has really made me appreciate FIFA08 a thousand times more. Playing through balls and long balls in FIFA08 are much more rewarding than Euro08 too.

whoa.. i couldnt disagree more on the thru b alls, in fifa 08 they always go straight... it seems in euro the players make diagonal runs and you can play the ball diagnoly across the pitch. I hit a 40 yard thru ball diagnoly across the pitch against my buddy right behind the defense to malouda, it was something you can do in real football but NEVER in fifa... q eight guys telling me i suck at fif08 LOL

I'm going to hold out for the full version before making judgement. At the moment though I really appreciate the measured approach FIFA 08 has after playing UEFA. Don't get me wrong I like UEFA a lot and I love the responsiveness; but I want a sim not an arcade game, and while I don't feel it's there as an arcade kick about yet, it's too close for comfort. But I'm holding hope that the full version will be tweaked for the better.

Last edited:
So to sum up, people first thought it was great and a bit fast...

Now people think its not so great and a bit fast...

I mean there is a 2 team demo with limited strategy option from what i have read, so there is no evidece to suggest that konamish cutback will spoil the game, wait till you can play the full version. But from the videos i would say a slightly slower pace could be optimal.

people calling this an arcade is so funny this game is so close to fifa 08....

the game speed and lack of defensive controls in the demo are the only 2 main differences and response times everything else feels very similar with obvious tweaks that were needed even pes 2008 IMO is not arcade you would have to go back to the pc version of fifa if u want arcade footie

there are MANY new animations which are brilliant. goal keepers block and hit off shots with much better realism now and some of the added collision animations make the game more realistic. HOWEVER graphically and somewhat to a point gameplay wise fifa 08 is much better.

I will continue to say that Ea got soccer gaming almost perfect with fifa 08. BUT sadly i feel that will be the extent of their invention. just like how WE's got it right and slightly got worse or omitted things fifa 09 and beyond will do the same. Euro 2008 DOES feel and play good,but........................................

One thing i said was a brilliant addition was the passing and through ball power bars but that has made it a hell of alot easier to make killer through balls and passes, in Fifa its your own judgement on how long to hold the button and that took more skill and was more rewarding if you pulled it off

I think most of us are saying the same thing

the game is better than Fifa in alot of ways but the core of the game has been modified too much and has took the simulation out of it

One thing i said was a brilliant addition was the passing and through ball power bars but that has made it a hell of alot easier to make killer through balls and passes, in Fifa its your own judgement on how long to hold the button and that took more skill and was more rewarding if you pulled it off

yeah but they usually ended up going out for a goal kick or out of bounds, or in the defenders foot because of the shitty response times which negates skill... it's cpu scripting at its finest... the response times are so random. there is no skill when you have random shitty touches and response times

I think most of us are saying the same thing

the game is better than Fifa in alot of ways but the core of the game has been modified too much and has took the simulation out of it

i agree but i think it added an element of sim that wasnt in fifa. For instance with germany it is alot harder to create that free flowing football, then it is for france. I was germany and kept noticing that hiltzberger was useless out on the wing... he had not speed or skill, and couldnt get open to cross, or to beat a man down the wing(as in real life, this man is better in the middle). So i but in schweni and he seemend to open up the game for me. I felt in fifa, unless your player was ronaldo or some other complete and utter stud, subbing or changing your lineup of players was usually a one for one swap regardless who the player was, bar players in the high eighties.. it seems the difference between plahyers is more evident in euro, something fifa desperatley needed...

i agree with some of what your saying coopz, but at least we know now that EA can get it right both ways, and not go ape shit like konami did

Yeah its good that EA are addressing the things that people want in the game

So if this does turn out to be bad then they wont carry on with it, they will just tweak it again by public reaction (faster/slower ect) for Fifa 09

so everyones a winner :))

this game for me is the best football game out there..more responsive than fifa and less arcadey than the current PES 2008. A balance which is what makes a good sports video game. Job well done for me and I can't wait for the release.

Coopz may as well be my official spokesman for this game as I agree 100% with everything he's saying! The pass meter in Euro just looks fucking wrong :((.

Have to add I don't like those stars either. Some1 already did post about those, but star-rating isn't really what I like to see. It's going to that direction which I hate. Which? Same as PES had this and last version. Star players are unstoppable and they are good on allmost everything. Like Riquelme being faster than Suazo, etc.

Funnily enough, and I'm known for moaning, I agree with you DJ. I do think people are starting to look for things wrong now. Kettle black and all that I guess :)

Wow the demo is really good. New animations, better response, better goal keepers and 10% faster...all I wanted.
Now the disapointment is that shity 2 minutes and a semi pro level that's seems to be easier.
But I play now FIFA08 on World Class, maybe the reason why I find it too easy.
The final release will probably have better graphics, and a better AI.
If they continue on this way, FIFA09 will be a new Reference in the football games....Ah I remember Winning Eleven 3's effect ;-)

Demo has been posted to usenet for those of us who have been rejected by Live *sobs*

euro_2008.nzb - 0.23MB

Seeing as it could be a number of months before I can buy the game (won't be buying it until I'm in Canuckia) I just hope it doesn't ruin Fifa08 for me!

Demo has been posted to usenet for those of us who have been rejected by Live *sobs*

euro_2008.nzb - 0.23MB

Seeing as it could be a number of months before I can buy the game (won't be buying it until I'm in Canuckia) I just hope it doesn't ruin Fifa08 for me!

why did u not just make a us account get a trial... then dl the demo ?

thts what i did with the fifa 08 demo... but used singapore instead:)

Very unhappy that they removed the option to choose next/previous during half/full time replays or change camera angle during those replays, hope that's a demo limitation.

I know what your saying but problem in FIFA 08 is that through balls are a bit too difficult to get right.

Sorry if I'm repeating others, I've tried reading the latest pages on here but it's hard to keep up!

I haven't played the demo hundreds of times, but at least 15 or so on 360 and ps3...

First up the 360 version has those stupid looking puddles but smoother graphics in cut scenes so that seems better, yet the game speed seems slower on the ps3 and I prefer that. I own FIFA 08 on both systems so I can play mates which own either, and having first bought it on ps3, I was surprised to find that on 360 it was that little quicker and as a result a bit better to play. However the new demo has obviously been made quicker overall (as I'd hoped) and now I find the slower nature of the ps3 version a better balance than the quicker, pes-style speed on 360!

I'm not bashing the consoles, I own both, but do others notice a definate difference in speeds between demos? I presume most people on here are talking about the 360 version when they say how quick it is?

Yes I know, but you can't flick between replays or change the camera during the half time/full time highlights as you could in Fifa08 and that's really shit.

You can't please some people. :-pp

Everybody wanted quicker response times, EA have given us that.

It will obviously make the game feel a little bit quicker.

I played a lot of FIFA 08 over the past few days, and then stick UEFA on and its a breath of fresh air to play.

People need to remember that this is a demo, the FIFA 08 demo had its problems which they ironed out before release.

The point of a demo (or at least it should be) is to let the developers know how the public feel about the latest build, giving them time to adjust a few things.

I still feel the full game will be great and a refreshing change from FIFA.

But I think we will all still enjoy playing FIFA too.

People need to remember that this is a demo, the FIFA 08 demo had its problems which they ironed out before release.

The point of a demo (or at least it should be) is to let the developers know how the public feel about the latest build, giving them time to adjust a few things.

normally i would agree with that statement, but euro 08 demo has only just hit the market and with the release of the final game being 3 weeks later, they have no chance to work on the feedback given from this demo

of course this demo could be an earlier build and they have already tweaked and refinded things in the final product, which is most likely already printed and being ready for shipment from the factories or wherever

Back
Top Bottom