UEFA Euro 2008

People saying about players being so good at passing and shooting, turning with the ball etc, remember these players play for France and Germany for a reason ;)
Yeah, but defenders who take on two, three man and score is a little bit overdone, don't you think? :D

Then the AI when playing a human needs to be toned? I don't think the game is too fast, but that the players just don't cover zones/man-mark properly, no?

IM PLAYING HUMANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have been saying this game is a nice mix between fifa and PES. the build up play in fifa 08 was good, %50 of the time. The other %50 of the time, the human opponent swarms you turning the game into a double touch nightmare. I hit one time, the player decides to take 2 touches, bouncing off a close defender and giving up possesion. I pass the ball to player close to me, his first touch is 5 yards in front of him, losing possesion. These things in fifa 08 killed it for me sometimes. I think euro has fixed these things, and upped the pace, maybe if they slow the game down a tad, it will be perfect, but at leas they LISTENED TO US! I think they will work out the bugs in euro and give us a great fifa 09. until then we can play this game and wait for the full version to seee if its too arcadey. i dont think its as arcadey as pes 2008 more like we7 or 8! which is good.

drekkard said:
They have broken gameplay in my opinion. You can run and dribble all around, there's no skill involved in dribbling, tricks are supereasy to do, through passing is too effective and it's not necessary at all to build up play.
Exactly spot on. I just didn't want to admit it myself...

I can only hope and pray that FIFA09 (and even the full version of Euro08), will be more based on FIFA08 gameplay :PRAY:.

Yep, you've both got mates who are crap at the game. Tim's got his CW and Coopz has got - well I don't know who the hell he's got, I don't want to know, I dread to think. Paul Jewell? *Gulp*

It's not about who you're playing for myself and Coopz though, it's the fact that the game speed is just a little too fast, and all the player animations are too fast.

I was talking about chances created rather than the speed. But yeah it is too fast no doubt, but I'm sorry, I'd much rather it was this way than the way it was before. I really don't like playing FIFA now, which is incredible really seeing as it was my favourite game ever for the last six months. But for me it's added more positives than negatives.

Yep, you've both got mates who are crap at the game. Tim's got his CW and Coopz has got - well I don't know who the hell he's got, I don't want to know, I dread to think. Paul Jewell? *Gulp*

My mates are far from crap at the game

they are on par with me and im always there or thereabouts in the leagues

If they were in it they would be giving the leader a run for his money ;))

I was talking about chances created rather than the speed. But yeah it is too fast no doubt, but I'm sorry, I'd much rather it was this way than the way it was before. I really don't like playing FIFA now, which is incredible really seeing as it was my favourite game ever for the last six months. But for me it's added more positives than negatives.
I'd rather the build up and speed was slower and reaction times were slower, as is in FIFA08. Playing this has really made me appreciate FIFA08 a thousand times more. Playing through balls and long balls in FIFA08 are much more rewarding than Euro08 too.

Here something that will settle it for Fifa 09 allowing option to adjust pace so you can have it more like Fifa 08+ quicker reactions/response. And for the other setting you can have it more like Euro 08 now this will make everyone happy well hopefully. :))

Apparently on some EA blog EA posted that the players run 6% faster than in Fifa08, would those who've played both say it's true?

id agree because I feel its a 10% speed increase it may not seem like much but its alot... when your so used to fifa 08... and its shortcomings couple with improved reactiont times it certain feels slightly quicker than that 6%...

Here something that will settle it for Fifa 09 allowing option to adjust pace so you can have it more like Fifa 08+ quicker reactions/response. And for the other setting you can have it more like Euro 08 now this will make everyone happy well hopefully. :))

what you mean is been able to choose the game speed and response times ?

so people have thier own preferences in game ?

what you mean is been able to choose the game speed and response times ?

so people have thier own preferences in game ?

Yes if i remember correct you could change game speed in old fifa.

But i mean people like it so different as can see from opinions here need to make everyone happy so why not.

It should be an option but it's one of those things that companies seem to forget (or not have the time for each year), like referees who will play the advantage but still give a card after if it was a bad challenge, and situations where you score but don't get told it's offside until after you've celebrated. I miss both of those.

Yeah, but defenders who take on two, three man and score is a little bit overdone, don't you think? :D
What does Messi do for Barca? Exactly that! it is a game and and certain players will glide past others as they do every week in real life.And other players will foul;)) as they do every week.EA must read some of these posts and think"there is no pleasing these bunch of cunts"! it's getting better and i hope that Pes gets better then we'll have two games to rave about.:DD

Thing is people are going on about how hard it is to defend, a week ago these people were telling me I had to learn how to defend in FIFA... This is a new game, the strikers you're defending can now shoot when they're in a good position rather than you having the time to block the shot, so of course it's going to be a lot harder! Before you had it fucking easy! But it's far more realistic IMO. I think it's balanced pretty accurately.

Thing is people are going on about how hard it is to defend, a week ago these people were telling me I had to learn how to defend in FIFA... This is a new game, the strikers you're defending can now shoot when they're in a good position rather than you having the time to block the shot, so of course it's going to be a lot harder! Before you had it fucking easy! But it's far more realistic IMO. I think it's balanced pretty accurately.
:thumbup: I think your right too JB. I was told the same thing last week remember?

My mate was defending well enough last night, If you try and defend true to life it works! e.g. dont Dive in to a tackle and over commit yourself, its best to track the player with the ball and force him wide.

It should be an option but it's one of those things that companies seem to forget (or not have the time for each year), like referees who will play the advantage but still give a card after if it was a bad challenge, and situations where you score but don't get told it's offside until after you've celebrated. I miss both of those.

Ye seems the little things are forgot about in the mix of it all.

Player hobbles off pitch when injured for example hello the guy been totally clattered where stretcher team. :-pp

Really need to make it authentic tbh even PES manages a stretcher team not saying go all out broken legs can happen but injury side for me not great in Fifa. Sometimes even a stand up tackle which is like the smallest of touch causes injury and you slide in full pelt at player make contact and no injury.

Think they should implement the Euphoria engine would be pretty interesting on top of the engine already.

Maybe it's too hard to defend because people just aren't used to it yet. Give it a week or so after release and it might be a different story.

What does Messi do for Barca? Exactly that! it is a game and and certain players will glide past others as they do every week in real life.And other players will foul;)) as they do every week.EA must read some of these posts and think"there is no pleasing these bunch of cunts"! it's getting better and i hope that Pes gets better then we'll have two games to rave about.:DD
My point was that DEFENDERS also do dribble so well... too well if you ask me. I agree on your last line :)
No, I think the balance is off. Too much in favor of the attack. Did you notice the big gaps between the lines? Should not be! That is the part which makes attacking too easy. Hopefully in the full version you can set strategies and edit formations. That way you can move the lines closer to each other. If that's not possible I predict this game to be too easy, even on the highest levels.
Summarizing I say that the gaps between the line causes this game to be too easy.

Back
Top Bottom