UEFA Euro 2008

OK, BAP mode rules :COOL:. The CPU AI has been improved which is superb, as it means this mode really works. That last game I was Gallas and got a 9.8 rating. We won 1-0, scored a superb team goal which Anelka finished off, I think about half the France team had a touch of the ball in the build up, including me :)). We also put together some quality moves, and had very little threat from the Germans. Guess that's because it's only on semi-pro though ;)).

CPU AI might have been improved when it comes to offense, but when it comes down to defense, it's non-existense.

I tried this on semi-pro and then fifa 08 semi-pro and difference is huge. In which way? In UEFA Euro 2008(at least in demo and most likely in full game as well) you can dribble whole game without getting much of challenge. You have time and space to do whatever you want. You don't have to pass ball in the middle of the field, you just pass it over to winger or striker and then run/dribble over 1-2 defenders(others will be jogging and don't mind about you) and score. I have been scoring 3-5 goals in 4min games, which is ridicolous. Yes, it's only semi-pro, but it doesn't really looking good when it comes down to simulation.

There is good things tho, which are playermodelling, animations and touch of the ball with ball in your feet. Sadly without opponent challenging you really you don't have to have anything special control/dribbles over opponents.

Shooting have been going wrong direction(at least with manual which I'm obviously using) and you don't same kind of touch when you are shooting.

All in all, they have improved nicely some areas in the game from FIFA 08, but meanwhile they went much more arcadish and took all the challenge of passing in the middfield and that part of FIFA 08 where you tried to find space to shoot and enjoyed your goals. First game in UEFA Euro 2008 demo I scored 3 in first half and after that it have been same. When you can score so easily and get to shooting positions all the time it won't feel like real football when you have to fight for chances and play nice plays to get scoring chances and eventually score.

@Jore2 - Remember though, there are 3 difficulty levels above semi-pro - Professional, World Class and Legendary so this should be very easy.
In fact, semi-pro on Fifa 08 is probably too difficult :-pp.

Yes I do, but compared to FIFA's semi-pro this is just way too easy. I like game being hard. Obviously not too hard, but hard to be challenging. And as long as I can't test other levels, well this isn't really too much fun for me. Too arcadish and way too wrong direction as well. And so far AI haven't really impressed me either, because of reason mentioned.

Btw. for those who find FIFA slow compared to Euro 2008. That's really not the case. Difference is responsive time(clear edge for UEFA) and that you don't have pass the ball to get chances all the time in Euro as well. Tempo is quite the same, but it just feels different because of those two things.

Last edited:
Yeah, there might be some. But the difference is mostly when it comes to responsivetime and even more when there isn't any playing in the middle of the field. And when opponents aren't closing down so you can just run trough whole field. For me, speed isn't the case in either of these games. I think both are close enough to being good simulation. Sadly teamdefending is just non-existense in Euro 2008, which ruins it totally being good football simulation.

For me it's mostly time to wait for FIFA 09 and hope it's teamwise closer to FIFA 08 than this game. And obviously would be fun to get more national teams from other continents as well...

You know, the more I play this demo, the less I like it.

Everything just seems that little bit 'off' compared to FIFA 08. Responses are better, but speed is much, much worse. The presentation values seem worse as well.

And my god, the new cameras for set pieces are just terrible, trully the worse new thing to come out of the game, except maybe the managers cutscenes, they just do my head in.

Weird, I love the new match camera and the new set piece cameras. I'd be really annoyed if they went back to static ones, I think they're the bees knees.

The new match camera seems really dodgy to me. Jerks around and doesn't really follow the action. It's too far away aswell.

The damn celebration things don't work either, useless thing to put in a game.

The new match camera seems really dodgy to me. Jerks around and doesn't really follow the action. It's too far away aswell.

I like it. Better view of the game as well. Imho you can't go wrong with giving us more possible cameraviews as well(since there is that older one as option as well).

That's an announcement from the 31st of January though, it won't be shipped that early.

yea it is, but until i see an announcement from EA to say other wise then i will believe this

11th is sooner than the 18th, i cannot wait that long

edit: http://www.electronicarts.co.uk/games/13574,gen/home/

Genre: Sports
Developer: EA Canada
Platform/Release date:
PC - 18/04/2008
PlayStation®2 - 18/04/2008
PLAYSTATION®3 - 18/04/2008
PSP™ - 18/04/2008
Xbox 360™ - 18/04/2008

maybe they have just quietly shifted it back a week then

Last edited:
Release dates three months in advance nearly always change, unless you're making a game like GTA which is MASSIVE. EA aren't banking on this being massive, they reckon nobody is going to buy it in the UK, JayD says at FIFASoccerBlog.com they're getting very little info from EA because they're focusing on the countries who are actually going to be IN Euro 2008 - thinking that they will buy shedloads, and we will buy one or two.

Release dates three months in advance nearly always change, unless you're making a game like GTA which is MASSIVE. EA aren't banking on this being massive, they reckon nobody is going to buy it in the UK, JayD says at FIFASoccerBlog.com they're getting very little info from EA because they're focusing on the countries who are actually going to be IN Euro 2008 - thinking that they will buy shedloads, and we will buy one or two.

yea even at the ea forums, there is no response to any questions put forward to them

wish we had more info regarding this game, like one of us with a hands on..

suppose we will just have to sit and wait..

:tumble:

Maybe they mean shipping out to stores from April 11th, ready so that the stores have them all in stock to sell from the 18th?

I am very confused and do no longer know what I think of the game. I've finally learnt how to shoot in UEFA, but the keepers is less realistic in UEFA than in FIFA. Way too good in some areas and way too bad in others. Wish they'd just hire me to make them perfect to FIFA 09, I wonder who the hell is responsible for the goalkeepers, but there is no way that he have been a keeper himself, too many easy faults for that.

Response time is good, but honestly it didn't bother me in FIFA 08, most likely due to the fact that I'm to stupid to notice such things. Don't really know what to think about the pace of the game - will have to play the full game at a dry pitch against a human to be sure.

I'm very, very confused.:tumble:

Anyone else tried co-op BAP? So much fun, and the fact that you can see both of your current ratings during the game makes for some great banter :D

Yeah, I've played it with CW mate. Not enough to really get into it though. We did have a couple of good games. Annoying that you can't be on opposite sides in BAP :((.

Back
Top Bottom