UEFA Euro 2008

To anyone who's really, really sad ( I used to be but this morning I'm too busy playing Everybody's Golf ;) )...

Would someone like to delete the demo off their hard disk, download this new one and see if there's any difference between the two?

Someone reliable preferably, I can see 10 people saying "the passing is slightly slower, backpasses are 5% more difficult, the boots are slightly shinier"... ;)

I´ll check it.

Yeah, that's USA shipping date though JB ;))
Oh thank God.

But there's a US marketplace and a European marketplace, why would they advertise the same shipping date on both? And why the American one, considering that Euro 2008's target market is European?

Played it, it seems very good - you can only play France - Germany, the play is quite crisp. But in all honesty there dont seem to be too many improvement to justify a £40 price, if I get it it will probably be for after Euro 2008 when the price will go down. If it was a world cup game, with all the national teams in the world then I'd get it. Frankly it still annoys me that normal Fifa doesnt have more national teams in it... Why cant they just make a new game with all the teams from Fifa RTWC 98

Also the shirt number fonts are wrong, I wonder if they will have the proper kits for the likes of Russia, Turkey etc who just released proper kits last week.

Finally got the demo on my own console this morning. Played 3 games as France, only scored 1 goal! Was a last minute winner though from a nice cross and stabbed in from about 6 yards. The game felt good, it felt about right. I think it is still a little bit too arcadey though, the way you can just sprint run with any player like in PES is worrying. But hopefully it's because of the crap AI level, and against a real opponent online it would be better.

Finally got the demo on my own console this morning. Played 3 games as France, only scored 1 goal! Was a last minute winner though from a nice cross and stabbed in from about 6 yards. The game felt good, it felt about right. I think it is still a little bit too arcadey though, the way you can just sprint run with any player like in PES is worrying. But hopefully it's because of the crap AI level, and against a real opponent online it would be better.

The game will be easier on lower AI levels but still challenging with world class option. I think I read that in an early review posted here (Really hope it´s true).

Yeah definately hope it's true. It has the potential to be an amazing game I think. It will be interesting to see the differences from the demo version to the final version :)).

Yeah definately hope it's true. It has the potential to be an amazing game I think. It will be interesting to see the differences from the demo version to the final version :)).

I bet you can have different matches other than France v Germany that would be a major flaw if you couldnt.

Played against a friend of mine yesterday(he`s a good player) And I were not given any chances to just run through his defense. He has played Fifa 08 a lot and knows how to stop people from crossing in from the sides as everybody(almost)does it. He was having more problems now as going through the middle is more accessible now witch then gave me options on the sides as well. I like this and feels more right and realistic. As with Fifa 08, if you stopped the opposition with wide attacks you pretty much had it covered. Also putting the ball in spaces behind the back-line(now that players make better runs into the box) it gives you a much more dynamic set of plays and you really need to cover space and players in defense and build up plays and different tactics in offense makes this game really shine and I am sure you will get this on a higher difficult level in the full game. Looking very promesing indeed.

Smeg downloaded the demo which meant taking the PS3 to the rec' room to hook up to the net, I left my Fifa 08 sticking out of the slot after I had finished and caught it on the door frame on the way out and snapped it... :cry:

Not really EA's fault, Holland has always been a problem to license. It's the same in FM 2008.

And yet they're in PES - damn Konami, taking the exclusive licenses, you bunch of bastards. OH THE IRONY!!

Smeg downloaded the demo which meant taking the PS3 to the rec' room to hook up to the net, I left my Fifa 08 sticking out of the slot after I had finished and caught it on the door frame on the way out and snapped it... :cry:

Ouch! thats got to suck. :((

Played the demo a few times - really like the new improvements -- the wet pitch doesn't have the look of the 360 version though which i prefer as from the vids it looks like someone has thrown some mercury onto the pitch

I love that loose balls feel a lot more loose and passes can be intercepted a lot better. I like the new running feel - it looks like they are pushing off the ground to run rather than an animation repeated over and over.

shooting and the weight of the ball seems better - a shot seems to have more oopmh in it - i hit a shot from the edge of the box after a corner and it cracked into the bar with a very satisfying noise --- i always think the fifa 08 noises aren't cracky enough... if that makes any sense.

Is it going to be worth £40 though... well ive traded fifa while i could still get a good price and got £25 so it might be worth £15 when its out -- especially if the captain your country mode is decent.

A great indication of how great fifa 09 can be

Back
Top Bottom