UEFA Euro 2008

Now I know there are issues with this Demo... but for me they DONT take away from the experience. PES had issues for years and years that never got fixed but I still enjoyed the games.. until the utter shite that is PES2008 came along. I have gone from thinking of giving this a miss to actually wanting to get it on day 1!

yeh well done to dj for posting that vid, very good job, as for those who poke fun at him its funny how they did it under anonymous isnt it?

Oh and New Alternate has changed R1 is now sprint instead of R2 on Fifa 08 which thrown me abit wont take to long to adapt though. (just confusing me for curled shots at minute)

Shit that's weird that they change it, so what is finesse now? R2?

Please don't ever mention fish and chips. The mere mention always makes me absolutely ravenous and nothing, I repeat nothing!! will do until I've stuffed my gob with a big fish supper smothered in salt and vinegar!! (rumble.....)

LOL that's the one thing of England (besides my Mum) that I miss the most since leaving in 04, no food comes even remotely close in the Czech Republic or here in Singapore, I already researched the town I'm planning to move to in Canada and found a "Brit's Fish and Chips" in the town centre, I already applied for a lifetime membership ;)

Them comments dont bother me, they can poke as much fun at me as they like and call me a pillock.... at least ive got the balls to show my face and make a video ;)

And a cracking video it was as well, really appreciated it :)

Just beat France 7-0. Love this game ;)

Did France make any tactical changes to try to either get something back or avoid complete capitulation?

Did France make any tactical changes to try to either get something back or avoid complete capitulation?

I've beaten France once by 4 and a few times 3. Each time, Domenech has made substitutions immediately after goals but I've yet to see a change in formation from 4-4-2. The first sub seems to always be to bring off Gallas and bring on Mexes (CB for CB)! My guess is that he's supposed to be trying to shore up the leaky defence as Gallas' match score is usually around 1.5 or something ridiculously low. The remaining two subs are generally like for like replacements...haven't ever noticed an obvious tactical change. But once you get 2 or 3 up, their defence seems to be even more shambolic, possibly a "mentality" attribute kicking in or possibly as the midfield have pushed forward more. So far, I'm not left feeling convinced that there are any real tactical changes.

Last edited:
Ahh well, much appreciate your reply, most likely this build is by no means final so there's plenty of time for tweakage, just hope the positives from E2k8 are transferred into F09 and built upon :)

Someone slated the kits for have too many creases,thats what happens when they are wet! noticed that they don't get dirty as in madden maybe something they will add.PS2 versions always have it but not that it makes a difference just personal tastes.Very impressed.

im a pes fan but ive got to say this has blown me away..awsome demo..love the fluid play..counter attacks seem to work brilliantly and the cut scences just add to the atmosphere..awsome

The fact that so many pes fans love it is disappointing for me - it only alludes to faster and more pick up and play gameplay. The fact that so many PES ees rejected FIFA 08 said to me that it was exactly was pes wasnt - which is what I wanted. Its natural that they will close the gap between the two titles as they attempt to steal sales off each other but i think the fact that FIFA0 08 was SO far away from PES was the reason it was so well received.

Loving the passing on this. Even did some brilliant 1-touch with the long pass button and it looked sweet. Good to see clearing the ball out your box has been responsive. No more button lag like fifa 08.

the 'can't switch players when CPU clears my corner with a header' bug is still there :( FIX THIS!

You have got to be shitting me... If I was designer on this game that would be the first thing to go, followed by a Supercancel command to make sure shit like that never happens.

Seriously, who designs these games. How the hell could you not completely fix the MOST annoying thing in FIFA08? It boggles the mind and tears up my eyes! For the love of god fix it.

The fact that so many pes fans love it is disappointing for me - it only alludes to faster and more pick up and play gameplay. The fact that so many PES ees rejected FIFA 08 said to me that it was exactly was pes wasnt - which is what I wanted. Its natural that they will close the gap between the two titles as they attempt to steal sales off each other but i think the fact that FIFA0 08 was SO far away from PES was the reason it was so well received.

the reason i didnt like fifa is becuase of the ridiculous button lag..it was just too unrepsonsive nothing to do with the speed of the game

the 'can't switch players when CPU clears my corner with a header' bug is still there :( FIX THIS!

I've had no such problems. It seems also that, it will be much harder to cheap headed goals from corners also.

EA seriously need some credit for listening to the fans, at this rate FIFA 09 will be the ultimate football sim. Great gameplay and great depth rolled into one.

I'm worried about this too. But we'll have to wait and see how it plays against tougher CPU opponents.

After two days playing the Demo i am still loving it.

I played it on both systems (360 and PS3) and i must say the XBox Version look a lot better then the one on the PS3. For example the colours on the 360 look more intense. Can someone confirm that? If i have the coice i will buy it on the 360 not on the ps3.

I know i'm not an admin or a moderator but can we please keep this thread clean from pes v fifa fights? There's already a thread on that and lets not ruin the fun here.

I must admit that i'm a die-hard PES fan and didn't really like the last Fifa but i've downloaded the UEFA demo and its impressive - very much like PES in terms of gameplay and responsiveness. Can anyone confirm if the NEW ANALOG controls is the same setup as the pes controls. I'll wait on some reviews b4 buying it.

Been playing this game now for some 40 maches or so and I just cant seem to put it away. I like the speed of the game but it should not be faster than this. Animation is good, passing and shooting is perfect and I love how players move into space better now and going through the middle is not as hard anymore and this will hopefully take away all out crossing for your life that happens to often in Fifa 08. I also like that if you play smart defense, covering open space and players you force the opponent to do mistakes. I just wish I had the full game:COOL: Counter attack is more devestating this time around, so building up your play will make it easier if you screw up and need to defend. The final game will be better no doubt! And cranking up the difficulty will probably make the game even better. I said the player faces were just as bad as in Fifa 08, I thake this back as they are a little better. White players do look better though black players still dont look right..And those players that dont have a "real" face will always look way of(Flameni). Also players that are young(18-22) have been looking like they are 30+ something(just look at Ben Arfa) Also love the "celebrate
how you want" if you dont like it: press start. It plays great and I think its a game that really award you if you play good build up attacks and smart covering defense, and this is were Euro 08/Fifa 09? parts away from pes. In pes anybody can pick it up and go speedy crazy and beat you, but in Euro 08 I think and hope that players that play smart and effective plays will stand as a winner booth in defense and attack. Makes sense?
Best moment so far was a LONG range shoot from Ballack that hit the top left corner, my reaction was something that I have not had in ages :DANCE: EA does look like they have a winner here!

The demo is back on live for both US and UK accounts.
To anyone who's really, really sad ( I used to be but this morning I'm too busy playing Everybody's Golf ;) )...

Would someone like to delete the demo off their hard disk, download this new one and see if there's any difference between the two?

Someone reliable preferably, I can see 10 people saying "the passing is slightly slower, backpasses are 5% more difficult, the boots are slightly shinier"... ;)

Played about ten games this morning against a mate and it's brilliant :D The responsiveness is TEN TIMES BETTER and it just feels right now. The pace of the game is fine, the animations are quality, slide tackles look real now, just a VERY good game :D

Uh-oh, I should just point something out. Noted said the other day, "it says May 19th in the demo blurb", and everyone said "no it's April 18th", implying that he'd read it wrong.

When you download the demo and you have the product description on the right, it does indeed say:

Shipping May 19th, 2008; visit www.euro2008game.ea.com for more information.

Fuckmonkeys.

(And yes, that site gets you a 404 error, but I've double-checked and that is definitely the address as it appears next to the demo.)

Back
Top Bottom