UEFA Euro 2008

just been playing against my mate.. and i scored 2 goals into the corner where the keeper couldnt get them..

v nice goals to

just been playing against my mate.. and i scored 2 goals into the corner where the keeper couldnt get them..

v nice goals to
Fair enough. I'll just have to get practicing then!!

I got a jap ps3 so i'm naffed..
Just because you have a Jap PS3 doesn't mean you have to have a Jap user account - surely you have made a European account (meaning you've selected UK as your country of residence and your download page isn't all in Japanese)?

Last edited:
I love this game. AI players hitting balls with the outside of the boot is fantastic!!

Another thing is I noticed the AI defensive line seems not to be all in one straight line all the time. I got one through ball through to Henry after he run inside the fullback. He was onside cos one of the CB's dropped deeper than the other 3 defenders.

Last edited:
Don't eat that mcd crap DJ...btw nice tv...

Anyway here we go again, the hidden konami pr department trying to put fifa down...

Last edited:
Yeah I will do, £20 isn't bad and it's worth having a bash. Driving games have always lost their appeal after a bit for me though, FPS' and Footy games have always been my forte.

Mind you that AUDI R8 and few of those Ferrari's look nice..

TG is right about the kits though. While the demo is great, the kits are absolutley pathetic. Whats with all the bloody creases!

Just played Be A Pro mode with Vieira and Anelka was the big star with 4 goals.

Be A Pro mode is just great. I'm looking forward to be playing a whole qualification-tournament campaign with it.

I'm enjoying the demo, be a pro is great.

Wohooo, thats great football, thats the way PES has to be. Its unbelivable EA made a better soccergame than Konami! When i look back in Time Fifa was for me allways Crap, especialy on PS2 on first X-box i had my first good expirience with Fifa 06! Fifa 07 is not what i was waiting for, and Fifa 08 has not that feeling like euro2008!So this time i will get the game, i hope the Demo shows the real Game in his final Version! So on April the 11th i will be in Gamestore to get my Copy!!!Is there any official Test???

I've noticed the default camera is used for be a pro now. If you want to use the Pro cam you have to choose it. I think EA have realised no one likes it.

Played a few matches now, all against cpu.

I agree it's now a tad too fast - some players are too agile and run too fast at certain times. Feels less like a sim.

I think the manual pass guage is a waste of space as passes on full manual mode don't feel very manual at all. Too often I get the impression the games decides that your manual pass has a pre-determined destination (ie. another player, whether team mate or opponent).

I tried a full-power lobbed pass across my own box and my player just chipped it 10 yards to the nearest defender...who immediately got challenged and i nearly lost a goal. Too many "as soft as I can" passes actually go blasting their way to the nearest player. The feel of manual passing is just not right.

As for manual passing direction, it seems to be limited to 8 directions, except when the game decides to script it at a slightly different angle on a pre-determined path to another player.

I hate how every time you play a pass with your back to the receiver, it's always a perfect, firmly hit pass. These passes should be regularly (almost always) mis-hit in terms of power and/or direction. It's far too easy to just pass the ball around in midfield with first-time passing and your players never have to first control it or change direction to face the intended receiver. Where's the skill in that?

I hate how the game, in truly awful PES style, sometimes takes control of your player and stops him running or even changes his direction a bit, to ensure the cpu gets the ball. Stop scripting the gameplay!!!

AI does play some nice football now, a variety of passes (including lobbed, which hadn't been evident in DJDoc4's video) and passes into space (usaully down the wing). Far less of these annoying "untacklable" dribbles of FIFA08.

Lack of puddles is probably down to frame-rate. The replays are a bit jerky and graphically, the game somehow looks to me like it's been streamlined.

Don't like playing against the cpu at all. I don't feels there's any integrity in the AI...too contrived. I'm very concerned that 5v5 online isn't explicitly listed in the options. That is all that saved FIFA08 for me and although I marginally prefer Euro08 as single-player game, I would only ever want to play online. No 5v5 would be criminal. Imagine taking out great features from a game, I mean who do EA think they are, Konami? Actually, yes, as they copy so many of their ideas.

I'll still be very intrigued to see how cpu version of San Marino play. I've got a gut feeling it won;t be at all plausible.

Last edited:
missing puddles are a gib letdown for me. but the gameplay is very good. why cant ea get it right on the ps3. sucks

Ok just played over an hour of FIFA and then switched to UEFA.

There is not much difference in speed.

I challenge anybody to do the same.

Ok just played over an hour of FIFA and then switched to UEFA.

There is not much difference in speed.

I challenge anybody to do the same.

i agree

it all depends how you play it, i can quickly counter and attack one end to the other fast aslong as i am not caught in possesion

but in the same token i can slowly pass the ball about, building up play etc

there is still a good balance to this game

I just played another game on this and I STILL LOVE IT! yes there are still minor little things as Winston has said. It was hilarious when I managed to get Vieira to celebrate and run almost half the length of the field whilst doing it!!! ive scored 2 very interesting goals in the last game I played. 1 Cracker from Henry and 1 low drive from Vieira which crashed off the post and went in!

Wow, I just scored with Klose and as I controlled the celebration is was just randomly moving the right stick, and it looked like he Heiled Hitler multiple times.

Back
Top Bottom