UEFA Euro 2008

how would you rate euro2008?lets just say that pes2008 takes a 7.5/10
9.0 - better reactions than previously, great game, but there's still room for improvement. Referees are scared to reach for the red card, which means people can injure your players all day long, and in my experience the goalkeepers are way, way too good when you play another human with a top team.

That's not to say it isn't great - I would say, PES 08 6.5, FIFA 08 8.0, EURO 08 9.0 (IMO, of course).

Where the fuck is this demo? can't see on live! jack any ideas pal?
It's been removed from Xbox Live - I presume they're waiting for PSN to have it. Now that it does, it should return tonight or tomorrow - or, if you're unlucky, Monday.

I love how the play can get strecthed when both teams are at 0-0 late on, very realistic.

The speed, is a little bit too fast but i would rather play with responsive AI than that of the "sluggish" AI used in FIFA 08 (this coming from someone that adored FIFA 08)

I think the keepers are very good, they actually respond when rushing out, and they make some good saves, after 30+ games I have yet to see something dodgy from them.

JB: I have scored my fair share of goals from open play against my mate on human mode, even scoring a screamer from 30 yards out, im hoping your version of the demo is faulty, because the keepers certaintly arent Superman on mine.

The computer now isn't perfect neither, they can make bad challenges, lose the ball with sloppy passing and there defensive line can be a mess when they have comitted too many forward (especially when the full backs move higher up the pitch).

Shame the fans are still motionless and the loud sound of the ball hitting the back of the "onion bag" can still be heard. However with the strides this game has made since FIFA 08 this can be forgiven, until FIFA 09 is released later in the year.

Overall im impressed, its another step in the right direction and it should quench the thirst until FIFA 09 is realeased in September/October.

Last edited:
9.0 - better reactions than previously, great game, but there's still room for improvement. Referees are scared to reach for the red card, which means people can injure your players all day long, and in my experience the goalkeepers are way, way too good when you play another human with a top team.

That's not to say it isn't great - I would say, PES 08 6.5, FIFA 08 8.0, EURO 08 9.0 (IMO, of course).

One critical question for me.Is it worth buying a ps3 for this game?I am close to this decision. Help me!

i am not having a problem with scoring at all

i have my shooting on semi, and this gives you alot more options to scoring i have found

One critical question for me.Is it worth buying a ps3 for this game?I am close to this decition. Help me!
Ouch. I don't want to answer that because it's not really a universal answer is it? I bought a PS3 just for Rock Band and I'm happy, but if I bought a PS3 just for Everybody's Golf, a game I still love, I don't know if I could justify that.

It's worth getting an Xbox 360 for though. Ten times as many players and no connection issues!

i am not having a problem with scoring at all

i have my shooting on semi, and this gives you alot more options to scoring i have found
I have it on semi as well - I'm on all-semi, apart from the two that you can only have manual or auto on, and they're on manual.

I'm hitting shots into the corners but the goalkeepers are saving them all the time. You look at the replays and it's going right in the corner, but they always reach them. Bear in mind that this is JUST AGAINST ANOTHER HUMAN though - against the CPU I've scored a bagful this morning, no problems at all.

Seems a bit too much to be a coincidence for me, 28 human v human games finish 0-0, and this afternoon 5 human v CPU games finish 1-0 plus... (But saying that I played 10 last night and couldn't score, but I could use the "I was tired" excuse I suppose)

Last edited:
Will download this later on tonight if Sony don't pull it too... A little worried about the speed thing as I can't take PES seriously now as it looks like they are on speed... As for no puddles I'd rather have decent ball and pitch weather physics and feel like I'm playing different teams, not the same team with "cheats" enabled or disabled
As for the celebrations!

I dont see why people are saying the response it why the game is faster

the game is faster becuase they have made it faster its nothing to do with the response

if you made the responses better on Fifa 08 the game wouldnt be faster it would just have better responses

I dont see why people are saying the response it why the game is faster
Because the kicking animations have to be faster (as well as the running animations or they'll look like they're on speed when they kick the ball). If you increase the response time without increasing the animation speed then the ball will fly off when the player's leg is still being pulled back to hit the ball.

Now i feel bifurcated again....
Now there's a man's word. I haven't heard that word since 1934. :lol:

I try it in semi-pro, with PES configuration buttons, i win all games, i'm still not fan of the FIFA serie, the gameplay is good, but too slow, no the speed but the reaction, maybe because i play too much PES, i don't know, the graphics style too, player model still strange, kit texture, no comment, the mode be a pro is nice, i try with Ribery and Henry, very good mode.

PS: i don't says PES is better, it's just a personal taste

Dynamic camera is strange this time... If you score a goal the camera is switching and don't let see the goal... I hope this will sorted out...

Is the slow reactions sorted? When I played FIFA08, sometimes my player took ages to react, and it annoyed the fuck out of me, that is why I gave it up.

Is the slow reactions sorted? When I played FIFA08, sometimes my player took ages to react, and it annoyed the fuck out of me, that is why I gave it up.
You've not read a single page in the last 24hrs then.........

:brick:

Yes.

Yes, I like the game as well :)
It's good for the competition between Konami and EA that EA finally made a very good football game. We customers will be the winners because of that.
About scoring goals/rebounds: I scored about 25 goals ( out of 13 games)sofar and three of them were rebounds. I do not find scoring difficult. In fact the defense is quite open when you try a 1-2 through the centre. I scored a lot of goals that way.

I'll say it one more time for kicks - are you playing another human though Han?

I can beat the CPU with no problems now, but it's against another human when the keepers become unbeatable for me.

I'll say it one more time for kicks - are you playing another human though Han?

I can beat the CPU with no problems now, but it's against another human when the keepers become unbeatable for me.

thats obviously down to the increased skill level of the cpu what do you expect?

people complain how rubbish keepers are in the past, but now people complain they are to good

practice practice and i bet you find some sweet spots or a nack of finishing in certain positions

i will be very suprised if the clinical finishers from fifa 08 for example stuggle to score in euro 08 (when they have got used to it, that is)

No, I do not play against another human, just the CPU.
I think the playing level will be better for me in the full game as I can set it higher.

Back
Top Bottom