UEFA Euro 2008

You can't have speed sliders because the game is played online and wouldn't work if one person had really fast and the other had really slow.

I pretty much agree with Coopz to be fair :TU:.

Coopz I disagree - I think 1 on 1s are much easier. I played my flatmate and the AI and have scored almost EVERY 1 on 1 i have had. You could tap it or blast it but you'd still score, much more than in FIFA 08.

To be honest I think the pace of the game rely's heavily on the reaction times.

When you can pass the ball faster - then the game is going to be faster.

Fifa was slower in my book - because it took half an hour to perform a move.

I do agree - I like it a bit slower. But I think you have to sacrifice response times because of it?

True true, good points

Single-minded to me means determined, resolute, perhaps Han meant closed minded?
Thinking without considering pro's in con's. In Dutch we call it black-white thinking, like if you do not consider other colors... Do you understand me?

As tricks are really easy to pull off now I am worried that online is going to be a trickfest and undefendable :((.

Factors other than reaction times can also affect the speed of the game. The speed the ball moves at can be reduced slightly, likewise player running speeds and speed of other player movements.

The reaction times are critical in making you feel that the game is responding to your input rather than delaying just long enough that you get robbed of possession before your guy actually swings his leg, which truly sucked.

So EA removed the demo from the US downloads (xbox 360), lucky I got it yesterday right when they put it up for us here in the states. Sucks for those who were not so lucky, now have to wait another month in the US just for the demo.

I love the pace really. I think its about perfect and its up to you to speed up the game pace or slow it down. I'm so into this game and i'm still in shock on how impressed i am.

Han! Glad to know you like it too.

You can't have speed sliders because the game is played online and wouldn't work if one person had really fast and the other had really slow.

I pretty much agree with Coopz to be fair :TU:.

they have it in NHL 08, slow, medium and fast games(the hosts chooses).... of course they can have it, they have it every other game EA and 2K produce, why not this one?

I played a bit of multiplayer last night and have mixed views on it

1.Its harder to score 1 on 1 which is good
2.The sliding in the rain is awesome becuase your player slides for a while and sometimes if you time your slide right he will take the ball with him for the length of the slide.
3.The speed is a little too fast, that does mean more attacking but i liked trying to build up play in Fifa 08 and with this you just seem to take it in turns to attack. If they put the speed of it between this and fifa it would be perfect.
4.Passing is brilliant
5.Through balls are far too easy and effective, if your receiving player is on the shoulder of the last man 9 times out out 10 you can put the ball into the space behind for him to run though onto the same goes for the wings.
6.Celebrations are a nice addition and bring you more into the game
7.I can see BAP/BAC being very easy. we tried BAP with 3 people and becuase you can run where you like the AI has no chance of staying with you, this is where the crossing and through balls become almost 100% accurate as well
8.The new Amimations are brilliant, you have them for loads of things as well, i did an awesome chip into the box with the outside of his boot which looking stunning

So after this i put Fifa on after and all that disappointed me was the heavy sluggish touches which Euro 2008 didnt have. The speed in Fifa for me is spot on and the through balls are hit and miss as they should be, if they added all the new bits from Euro to Fifa like animations, weather, passes, shots, Celebrations and better goalkeeping then i dont think it could get much better

So all in all i think Euro 08 good but is too fast and too easy but i think the full game will be better

yeah but coopz you were playing the computer no? did you think there were two many chances in multi?

Thinking without considering pro's in con's. In Dutch we call it black-white thinking, like if you do not consider other colors... Do you understand me?

Yep I understand, I think closed minded fits, although as we're talking about Jack you could say that he has the fickle opinion of an undecided woman who can't make up her mind ;)

they have it in NHL 08, slow, medium and fast games(the hosts chooses).... of course they can have it, they have it every other game EA and 2K produce, why not this one?
Exactly - HOST CHOOSES. I wouldn't wanna play matches where I wasn't controlling the settings...

Nice video, the game does look awsome!!!!

And welcome back to the konami semiofficial PR department.....

Last edited:
Exactly - HOST CHOOSES. I wouldn't wanna play matches where I wasn't controlling the settings...

thats why you become host :) also they have lobbies and we have leagues, people would respect the league rules i would think... its possible tim, i dont think its impossible as you were suggesting, i have often wondered why there arent more sliders in fifa... the ones thay have for hockey and bball games make big differences in the games

Every video I see I find the game worse... The pace is so wrong! I enjoyed (and still enjoy) the slow build up in fifa 08, even if reactions are too slow. Seeing this vids, the accuracy of passing is shocking. Too many long low passes that go perfectly accurate. The players, when running, should loose a lot of accuracy. It's as if I was watching some pes game, you only have to pass forward, pass forward, through ball, shoot. Mechanical. I know I havent' played the demo (damn psn store) but really everything seems to be too good in terms of accuracy and skills. It seems they are aiming again to young people, eliminating the skill and tactical factor of the game.

Besides, in this last video, I find the defenders reactions very very poor in through balls. It worries me. Yes, I know you have the demo and I haven't, but when watching fifa 08 clips I was excited simply watching how you had to pass a lot to open spaces. I haven't seen any single clip about Euro that could seem a real match, it's too "computer" game speed and reactions to me.

Just played another game this morning, against the CPU this time without messing about with formations etc., and scored within ten minutes. Remember that I said last night, I played 30 games against another human and couldn't get it past the goalkeeper...

So I'm convinced that when you play human v human, the difficulty level is either set to a hidden "realistic" value, or "world class". The game is a lot tougher, especially getting past defenders and the super goalkeepers, when you play human opposition. No comparison.

Just to let you know... PS3 users, the demo is available in the European Playstation Store.. :] I'm downloading it right now... can't wait =]

edit: didn't see miguel's post... sorry.

I've bought/played both, FIF08 and PES2008. FIFA08 was good, but I've still prefered PES. As there is no (working) online mode, I've played much less console football, I've ever done before.

Now there is UEFA Euro 2008.

As I can judge from the demo, it's a massive improvement to FIFA08 (from a PES player's point of view)

+ shooting is much better, finally it deserves the word "shooting"
+ passing/crossing works like a charm
+ the players finally move (most times) into the spaces they are supposed to
+ different players feel more different then they did in 08. Hopefully it's the same for different teams... PES is still equal or a small step ahead
+ the new animations are stunning, doing tricks/step overs is easier and well implemented
+ the athmosphere is brilliant (on a 5.1 surround system)
+ AI seems to be smarter, I'm looking forward to the other difficulties, as semi pro is too easy
+ stunning skin textures
+ rumble feature is great !!!

- still some strange goalie animation (throws, some shots are catched too easy)
- airial action (after corners, crosses) is improved, but still behind PES
- player models still look clumsy (tall/small players)
- player faces look awful, except skin (sweat/rain)
- I don't like custom celebrations

now the points I like to see improved/added in 09 (in terms of presentation)

* more in-game "cut scenes" (moaning, talking, screaming, referree,)
* more/different replay angles

I'm looking forward to the full release. I'm even more excited of FIFA09 now...

Back
Top Bottom