UEFA Euro 2008

They better not release another one - this one took me half a century to download!!!!

God damn it!!!

Perhaps EA have said, "it's not out on PSN and we told you not to upload it until they had it, now Sony hate us because of you".

They didn't take the last one off due to the insane difficulty, so they won't have took this one off because of the difficulty either.

Placebo - it rains constantly in the demo so can't tell if puddles dry up / get worse. I also think they are in the same place every match.

I'm really not sure what to make of this game yet. Think I need to play it some more. I will definately buy it, but will get well pissed off with only 52 teams. Its gonna have to be a helll of a game for me not to go back to FIFA to play with club teams once in a while...

Hmm, I think its definately looking good for the future though :))

Maybe it wasn't such a great idea to put the euro2008 demo and the last GTA4 video at the same time, i mean i am sure they wanna promote gta4 as much as possible since they paid millions for some extra content.

Uhm, some old lads are back, although saying that pes2008 is amateurish on line isn't exactly correct since it is crap off line as well....

Ha Ha well the thing is Tim having played the Demo Hundreds of times I can see enough decent differences to warrant buying it. Cheers for the good comments by the way :) I think ill do more reviews (Sorry to disappoint you Grim). Funny you should say that it has been removed because literally at the end of my Shooting of the video last night the Demo Crashed!!! I had to edit it out and I said "Oh fuck my 360 has just crashed... typical MS or EA I am not sure which one!!" AND during playtesting yesterday I couldnt Navigate the Menu's using the Analog Stick at all!!! (After about the 5th time of playing the demo) AND during a game the Time and Score and Player Bars all disappeared after the CPU team made a sub! So it has some silly bugs in it. Plus Mike found a funny bug with the teams wearing the WRONG kits ;)

For you guys who have MISSED the 360 Demo... check out my video again ;)

Last edited:
Many thanks for the video DJDoc4. I'm one of these regretful PS3 owners.

One thing that struck me is the lack of physicality in the match - hardly any shoulder charges or tackling of any sort, no pressuring the man on the ball, all a bit too nice. Ok, it's only semi-pro but I would still like to have seen the AI make more challenges. The only tackles it made were, as expected, pixel-perfect slide tackles.

It was encouraging to see the AI passing far more than the FIFA08 dribbling and also misplace some passes, but nearly all it's passes are straight to a man and rarely into space for someone to run onto. They're also always along the ground, I didn't see any high balls.

I can't say I was ever particularly fooled into thinking I was watching a real match, it always looked like computer football, but I guess it's a different experience when you're actually playing.

btw, bear in mind that there are children viewing this forum so next the video you record, for goodness sake, make sure you put a bag over your head.

Winston, I know you're looking for good CPU play so this may not interest you, but against a human the defence is incredibly tough. Playing against my dad, who (let's put it like this) is a couple of teabags short of a full pot, his defenders were barging my strikers over non-stop. It was hard to get through until he ran one out of the way or put them in a bad position, and then the goalkeeper saved everything (which is worrying me to be honest - I said last night, I wonder if when it's human v human the difficulty level doesn't apply and the goalkeepers play like their world-class selves).

Playing in a league is where it's at my friend, now get that 360 before they stop manufacturing them. ;)

Playing in a league is where it's at my friend, now get that 360 before they stop manufacturing them. ;)

After the no show on PSN yesterday, it felt like the last straw and I was seriously considering going out and buying a 360 today, but now having read the 360 demo is no longer available, I decided not to bother...yet. I suspect that, by the time Euro2008 full game is released, I'll be getting the 360 version :)

The PSN is definitely updated, but there's no Euro demo in it... Grand Turismo is in the PSN so far I can see

No it's not. Grand Turismo HD Concecpt is there, but that's an old game who has been there for ages. Grand Turismo 5 Prologue is not there, nor Euro 2008. So it hasn't been updated. :((

The CPU do play more long passes than FIFA 08. I have seen the CPU switch play from left to right much more often on this game. Even balls from the centre out wide happen in the air rather than always along the floor.

I played a bit of multiplayer last night and have mixed views on it

1.Its harder to score 1 on 1 which is good
2.The sliding in the rain is awesome becuase your player slides for a while and sometimes if you time your slide right he will take the ball with him for the length of the slide.
3.The speed is a little too fast, that does mean more attacking but i liked trying to build up play in Fifa 08 and with this you just seem to take it in turns to attack. If they put the speed of it between this and fifa it would be perfect.
4.Passing is brilliant
5.Through balls are far too easy and effective, if your receiving player is on the shoulder of the last man 9 times out out 10 you can put the ball into the space behind for him to run though onto the same goes for the wings.
6.Celebrations are a nice addition and bring you more into the game
7.I can see BAP/BAC being very easy. we tried BAP with 3 people and becuase you can run where you like the AI has no chance of staying with you, this is where the crossing and through balls become almost 100% accurate as well
8.The new Amimations are brilliant, you have them for loads of things as well, i did an awesome chip into the box with the outside of his boot which looking stunning

So after this i put Fifa on after and all that disappointed me was the heavy sluggish touches which Euro 2008 didnt have. The speed in Fifa for me is spot on and the through balls are hit and miss as they should be, if they added all the new bits from Euro to Fifa like animations, weather, passes, shots, Celebrations and better goalkeeping then i dont think it could get much better

So all in all i think Euro 08 good but is too fast and too easy but i think the full game will be better

3.The speed is a little too fast, that does mean more attacking but i liked trying to build up play in Fifa 08 and with this you just seem to take it in turns to attack. If they put the speed of it between this and fifa it would be perfect.

So all in all i think Euro 08 good but is too fast and too easy but i think the full game will be better

I also got the impression from the videos that it's a tad too fast now.

As for difficulty, perhaps with teams like San Marino, it will be far more difficult to play these all attacking end-to-end matches. And perhaps passing will be less accurate with lesser teams. I flippin' hope so!

No it's not. Grand Turismo HD Concecpt is there, but that's an old game who has been there for ages. Grand Turismo 5 Prologue is not there, nor Euro 2008. So it hasn't been updated. :((

Oh I thought that GT HD Concept was a part of the update... I'm sorry :)

I wonder if places like ShopTo and Gameplay would let you drive to their warehouse and pick up Euro2008 when they actually have it in stock?

Played it and it is a very good game. I said before about FIFA 08 that it was somewhat unresponsive immediately after pressing buttons ( which annoyed Jack Bauer a bit :D ), but now I read more than often that people feel this new game is not sluggish anymore, which I agree with.
Sofar I cannot find options to make your own formations, which is a pitty.
Shooting is definatly better. In FIFA08 I often didn't have a clue in which direction the ball went after shooting. In the default-setting the game is a bit easy, but in the complete version there will be more levels to play.

Just a reaction on a remark from Jack Bauer about PES: According to him the game will not improve anymore as long as Japanese people make the game. I find that singleminded: That's not giving PES 2009 a fair chance to proove itself...

Last edited:
Played it and it is a very good game. I said before about FIFA 08 that it was somewhat unresponsive immediately after pressing buttons ( which annoyed Jack Bauer a bit :D ), but now I read more than often that people feel this new game is not sluggish anymore, which I agree with.
Sofar I cannot find options to make your own formations, which is a pitty.
Shooting is definatly better. In FIFA08 I often didn't have a clue in which direction the ball went after shooting. In the default-setting the game is a bit easy, but in the complete version there will be more levels to play.

Just a reaction on a remark from Jack Bauer about PES: According to him the game will not improve anymore as long as Japanese people make the game. I find that singleminded: That's not giving PES 2009 a fair chance to proove itself...
i agree with han that is singleminded jack if you said that...

We'd like to apologise for the lack of a PS Store refresh yesterday. Unfortunately we experienced some last minute technical difficulties and were unable to publish the new content as planned. We are working hard to resolve these issues and content will be refreshed as soon as possible.

This is from a Dutch website...

I played a bit of multiplayer last night and have mixed views on it

1.Its harder to score 1 on 1 which is good
2.The sliding in the rain is awesome becuase your player slides for a while and sometimes if you time your slide right he will take the ball with him for the length of the slide.
4.Passing is brilliant
5.Through balls are far too easy and effective, if your receiving player is on the shoulder of the last man 9 times out out 10 you can put the ball into the space behind for him to run though onto the same goes for the wings.
6.Celebrations are a nice addition and bring you more into the game
7.I can see BAP/BAC being very easy. we tried BAP with 3 people and becuase you can run where you like the AI has no chance of staying with you, this is where the crossing and through balls become almost 100% accurate as well
8.The new Amimations are brilliant, you have them for loads of things as well, i did an awesome chip into the box with the outside of his boot which looking stunning

So after this i put Fifa on after and all that disappointed me was the heavy sluggish touches which Euro 2008 didnt have. The speed in Fifa for me is spot on and the through balls are hit and miss as they should be, if they added all the new bits from Euro to Fifa like animations, weather, passes, shots, Celebrations and better goalkeeping then i dont think it could get much better

Co-sign

While I do thik aspects of the final game will be improved I really hope they sort out the pace, IMO it feels too fast. Others have complained about he pace of Fifa 08, but I liked it felt it worked well. Is there any reason why EA can't put gameplay speed sliders, so we can tweak the pace to what we feel is the best.

Co-sign

While I do thik aspects of the final game will be improved I really hope they sort out the pace, IMO it feels to fast. Others have complained about he pace of Fifa 08, but I liked it felt it worked well. Is there any reason why EA can't put gameplay speed sliders, so we can tweak the pace to what we feel is the best.

To be honest I think the pace of the game rely's heavily on the reaction times.

When you can pass the ball faster - then the game is going to be faster.

Fifa was slower in my book - because it took half an hour to perform a move.

I do agree - I like it a bit slower. But I think you have to sacrifice response times because of it?

Back
Top Bottom