UEFA Euro 2008

I can't believe how much it reminds me of PES (the good versions ). Not sure if thats a good or bad thing.
It's a great thing, back then it was nice fresh code with free-as-the-wind-blows movement and no sluggishness/CPU cheating programmed into it. It was only on the PS2 onwards that they started making it more restrictive and more restrictive until finally it all went wrong.

soccershootout is awesome btw. at least better than pes2008

World Cup Soccer (the game when the players have huge heads and there are rocks on the pitch) on the NES is better than PES 2008!

:lol:

They ALWAYS crack me up mate. You've got a talent there though - you should review all the latest games and post them in the relevant threads but I can imagine loadsa people going mad;

"How can you think that game is crap DJ? It's brilliant! :rant:"

Yes, id prefer a real video review, or thoughts video over the arse liking game sites one that wouldn't dare to slag off a games features

...or the arse-licking PES fanboys who are too proud to admit that FIFA 08 is leaps ahead these days.

It's a great thing, back then it was nice fresh code with free-as-the-wind-blows movement and no sluggishness/CPU cheating programmed into it. It was only on the PS2 onwards that they started making it more restrictive and more restrictive until finally it all went wrong.

Very true. Can't belive you can't score though. I beat Germany 4-0, then lost as Germany 2-0 then drew 0-0 then beat France 2-0. Love the game and really can't wait till it's out now. I'm really gonna have to get on to EA and try and get an early Freebie like FIFA 08.

This will be my first fifa ! game seems great, i have tested the demo and it is slower and feels not so hectical like pes2008!
i give this a chance!

Very true. Can't belive you can't score though. I beat Germany 4-0, then lost as Germany 2-0 then drew 0-0 then beat France 2-0. Love the game and really can't wait till it's out now. I'm really gonna have to get on to EA and try and get an early Freebie like FIFA 08.
Yeah but I don't know all the cheats like you do.

:lol:

Seriously though, I don't do finesse shots, and I'm guessing that's what you're scoring with - I'm just blasting the ball at the top corner, but the keeper is saving it every time.

This is against another human being though bear in mind, perhaps when a human plays a human the goalkeepers become as good as their real-life counterparts rather than using a difficulty setting.

s So... who thinks I should do more video reviews?

Oh for sure, well certainly ones that are related to Fifa. The FSB lads have popped the video up on the blog, everyone thinks its awesome. The only thing I think you need to do next time is zoom in when going through the menus and when recording the actual gameplay. Would make it easier to see.

I know its difficult though coz of files sizes, would go over the top if was high res!

is there an other possibility to get this demo onto my 360?

I am banned from live and want to play this thing :(

I'm waiting for it to be posted on Usenet, which hopefully it will be as it is popular :)

All I am gonna say is they better release this in Asia/Japan or I might have to buy a PS3 or Pal 360 to play this game.

Play Asia now list it as to be released May for NTSC-J 360 so maybe it is planned for release here, kinda hoping I won't need it (as in I'll be in Canada or on my way) but good to know) :)

Really good new blog post about "Captain your Country"

http://blogs.ign.com/EA_UEFA/2008/03/27/85123/

You can either create yourself as a brand new player and build yourself up over multiple campaigns, or if you fancy a bit of a head start you can pick a real life player and maybe even help England make it to the finals this time round!

but to make the experience even more enriching we needed some other key elements. Examples of this are picking your commentary name, newspaper headlines, an ongoing news ticker on the central hub that keeps you up to date with all the goings on in your tournament, and last but not least the cut scenes and commentary both alluding to your player’s progress. The latter not only includes your commentary name, and showing you in the line-up but also goes as far as commenting on your performance

Its too bad the game is not region free, for those in Europe if you wanted to wait for the US release it would only be like 25 pounds. Stupid EA locking their games.

Such a brilliant game, much better than 08. The response times are great and the speed has been increased just a bit.

I just scored a hat trick with Anelka in Be a Pro. I would've had 4 goals and an assist but the keeper made a fantastic save and then Henry managed to sky it over from 8 yards out.

I just wish the halves could be longer.

The demo is fantastic
The movement and ball control is so smooth now no stopping with the ball just to turn or change direction
probably wont buy this game tho but cant wait for Fifa 09

Back
Top Bottom